• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanwgregg
    replied
    Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
    We want to let everyone know ahead of times a few things
    1. The 2022 Tundra uses new, more complex encryption standards.
    2. Due to the increase in flashing complexity and work involved, it will cost more per vehicle to tune a 2022+ Tundra
    3. It will not be available to the public for a while, will only be available to special select access tuners and may have additional costs.
    Are you needing a truck to develop on?

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    We want to let everyone know ahead of times a few things
    1. The 2022 Tundra uses new, more complex encryption standards.
    2. Due to the increase in flashing complexity and work involved, it will cost more per vehicle to tune a 2022+ Tundra
    3. It will not be available to the public for a while, will only be available to special select access tuners and may have additional costs.

Leave a comment:

• mZiggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Saeros View Post

They are coming in to my dealer now... Let me know if you want me to read one? - In fact, there is one here today getting a PDI.
    Just try it anyway
    edit: saw VF's comment. Nvm

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    Originally posted by Saeros View Post

They are coming in to my dealer now... Let me know if you want me to read one? - In fact, there is one here today getting a PDI.
    Thanks, we already have the information we need at this time

Leave a comment:

• Saeros
    replied

There hasn't been very many people who has actually got one in their hands yet. I'm still working on trying to find one

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    commented on 's reply
    NIMH are safer than Lithium Ion. Lithium Ion produce more power for a longer period but are more volatile/dangerous. These aren't big of factors in a Hybrid vs. all Electric. I would prefer NIMH for this application. The electric motor will only be used for short periods of time to aid the gas engine during periods of high demand, unlike an All electric where electric power is used for everything.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-14-2022, 11:00 PM.

• VFTuner
    replied
    Originally posted by PaPaRee View Post
    First test drive in Baton Rouge Louisiana

I test drove a 2022 Tundra today. TRD Off-Road SR-5 with no other options. It was the first one delivered to my local dealership and I was first on the list. It was red, and I want a black TRD Sport- Loaded, so I did not buy it. The MSRP was 52k. The one I have a build sheet for (black TRD Sport) is 56k.
    It drove great. Lots of power! Smooth shifting with the 10 speed trans. Very smooth ride, and it didn’t feel too big on the road compared to driving my Tacoma. I was surprised by how close in size it was sitting next to my lifted Tacoma on 33” tires. The driver seat was comfortable and the back seat area seemed huge compared to the Tacoma.
    I can’t wait till they get a more comparable truck to what I want- hopefully soon.
    I was not able to hook my laptop to it to read the ECU for tuning because it was their only one and too many eyes were watching. But, the way it drove with good power and shifting, tuning it may not be a BIG priority. (Unlike the Tacoma).
    I took a bunch of pics but it won’t let me post them. (Files too big—only 3 mb??)

VFTuner, has anyone been able to read the ECU yet?
    There hasn't been very many people who has actually got one in their hands yet. I'm still working on trying to find one

Leave a comment:

• PaPaRee
    replied
    First test drive in Baton Rouge Louisiana

I test drove a 2022 Tundra today. TRD Off-Road SR-5 with no other options. It was the first one delivered to my local dealership and I was first on the list. It was red, and I want a black TRD Sport- Loaded, so I did not buy it. The MSRP was 52k. The one I have a build sheet for (black TRD Sport) is 56k.
    It drove great. Lots of power! Smooth shifting with the 10 speed trans. Very smooth ride, and it didn’t feel too big on the road compared to driving my Tacoma. I was surprised by how close in size it was sitting next to my lifted Tacoma on 33” tires. The driver seat was comfortable and the back seat area seemed huge compared to the Tacoma.
    I can’t wait till they get a more comparable truck to what I want- hopefully soon.
    I was not able to hook my laptop to it to read the ECU for tuning because it was their only one and too many eyes were watching. But, the way it drove with good power and shifting, tuning it may not be a BIG priority. (Unlike the Tacoma).
    I took a bunch of pics but it won’t let me post them. (Files too big—only 3 mb??)

VFTuner, has anyone been able to read the ECU yet?

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    ECU flash testing for these ECU types is ready and done (file is a camry. ECU type is the same)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kevinpd325
    replied
    MooseDitty17 here's your answer.

Leave a comment:

• art64
    replied
    NIMH batteries should be ok. Hino has been using them since 2012 on their hybrid trucks.

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    We will be releasing beta support soon, which will support UDS ECUs.

Leave a comment:

• ktbell444
    replied

currently undecided. Actually a little disappointed the Pro is hybrid only.
    And NIMH batteries at that! I'm not sure they could survive a summer here in SE Georgia...

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    Originally posted by PaPaRee View Post

Awesome!
    Are you waiting on the Pro or are you going to get the ones coming out in December without the hybrid?

I don't think I can wait till March 2022 for the Pro.
    Maybe get one in December, then trade it on the Pro next year?
    currently undecided. Actually a little disappointed the Pro is hybrid only.

Leave a comment:

• PaPaRee
    replied
    We will work on having both versions of the truck supported including hybrid control support (volt/current/battery/etc)
    Awesome!
    Are you waiting on the Pro or are you going to get the ones coming out in December without the hybrid?

I don't think I can wait till March 2022 for the Pro.
    Maybe get one in December, then trade it on the Pro next year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X