Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFTuner
    replied
    FULL support for 2020/21 Tundra releases monday folks.

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    Originally posted by realprotundra View Post

Yes, I understand that the credits are needed to unlock the ECU itself in VFTuner so that I can load and modify the tune files and not to purchase the tune files themselves. I truly wish you would just answer the question and lend some clarity as to whether this is a product you actually intend on releasing or not and where it may fit within your development schedule.
    credits have not been required for unlocking files now for a while.

until we can solve the current issues, it is not something that we plan on releasing. I have actually answered that exact question multiple times.

Simply put: unless we can solve it, the answer is no.

Leave a comment:

• realprotundra
    replied
    Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

Okay well that is unrelated to the 20/21 Tundra and also credits aren't used for tune files anyway.
    Yes, I understand that the credits are needed to unlock the ECU itself in VFTuner so that I can load and modify the tune files and not to purchase the tune files themselves. I truly wish you would just answer the question and lend some clarity as to whether this is a product you actually intend on releasing or not and where it may fit within your development schedule.

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied

I am holding credits that I have never used because you never released the 2.0 performance tune for Tacoma.
    Okay well that is unrelated to the 20/21 Tundra and also credits aren't used for tune files anyway.

Leave a comment:

• realprotundra
    replied

It has nothing to do with it being lucrative or not. I've already explained the challenges, and hold ups to it as a result. I have a 2020 and 2021 ECU On my desk. I don't need everyones ECUs.

It has nothing to do with money, it has nothing to do with prioritization.

Who is holding VF Credits and hardware for no reason? We never sold this for any 2020+ Trucks.
    I am holding credits that I have never used because you never released the 2.0 performance tune for Tacoma.

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied

VFTuner I know that working on a product/issue that is only related to 2 model years of an outgoing model is not nearly as lucrative as other things you are likely prioritizing over the 2020-2021 Tundra ECU......but is there any update on this? Are you actually even working on it at this point or is it something that is truly just vaporware? It has been several months since you said you would be sending out ECUs, multiple people offered to provide ECU data to you if you needed it (with no response), and there is still no update.

If its not something that VFTunder/OVTune is going to be doing that is fine, but please just tell us so that so we aren't waiting around/holding VFT Credits/Hardware for no reason.

It has nothing to do with it being lucrative or not. I've already explained the challenges, and hold ups to it as a result. I have a 2020 and 2021 ECU On my desk. I don't need everyones ECUs.

It has nothing to do with money, it has nothing to do with prioritization.

Who is holding VF Credits and hardware for no reason? We never sold this for any 2020+ Trucks.

Leave a comment:

• realprotundra
    replied

We would be providing this in July after we finalize and release 1.3.0
    VFTuner I know that working on a product/issue that is only related to 2 model years of an outgoing model is not nearly as lucrative as other things you are likely prioritizing over the 2020-2021 Tundra ECU......but is there any update on this? Are you actually even working on it at this point or is it something that is truly just vaporware? It has been several months since you said you would be sending out ECUs, multiple people offered to provide ECU data to you if you needed it (with no response), and there is still no update.

If its not something that VFTunder/OVTune is going to be doing that is fine, but please just tell us so that so we aren't waiting around/holding VFT Credits/Hardware for no reason.

Leave a comment:

• mZiggy
    replied

I have this file already but not in the software

I do not have this one. That's the ECU ID or the ID on the ECU (the part number)
    That's all it provided when identified. It didn't even say ECU ID, it just said ID: 30CR0001

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied
    Originally posted by Jetmav View Post

also watching patiently. 2020 ECU ID 30CQ6001
    I have this file already but not in the software

Originally posted by mZiggy View Post
    Any update on 2020 Tundra 5.7L VFTuner support and tune pack availability?

I just picked up a 2020 4wd with ECU ID 30CR0001. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me read out the ECU and TCU

I do not have this one. That's the ECU ID or the ID on the ECU (the part number)

Leave a comment:

• Jetmav
    replied
    Originally posted by mZiggy View Post

I just picked up a 2020 4wd with ECU ID 30CR0001. Unfortunately it wouldn't let me read out the ECU and TCU

also watching patiently. 2020 ECU ID 30CQ6001

Leave a comment:

• mZiggy
    replied

Not yet, but it's almost ready for 2020 and 2021.

Leave a comment:

• Jetmav
    replied

I can guarantee you that if any other tuner is going to crack the 2020, they are going to do so using password unlock protocols that I personally did.

and you can be certain you'll have the luxury of the starter motor issue, which is why we have not released it.

and that's not to say we don't want to release something. But I really don't like the idea of releasing something that has an issue.
    What is the starter motor issue?

Leave a comment:

• VFTuner
    replied

July and now August have come and gone. Sounds like there is another tuner about to crack the 2020+ Tundras as well so maybe some competition will get this moving.
    I can guarantee you that if any other tuner is going to crack the 2020, they are going to do so using password unlock protocols that I personally did.

and you can be certain you'll have the luxury of the starter motor issue, which is why we have not released it.

and that's not to say we don't want to release something. But I really don't like the idea of releasing something that has an issue.

Leave a comment:

• realprotundra
    replied
    Originally posted by PNWTundra View Post

Same. Let me know what you need from me to get this going. Happy to be the guinea pigs...
    July and now August have come and gone. Sounds like there is another tuner about to crack the 2020+ Tundras as well so maybe some competition will get this moving.

Leave a comment:

• PNWTundra
    replied

I will send it to you as soon as I can. There is more to it then simply swapping in another ECU and it being done.
    Same. Let me know what you need from me to get this going. Happy to be the guinea pigs...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X