No announcement yet.

2018-2021 Tundra 5.7L Custom Features - Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.2.7.8 full should be downloadable in about 15 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
      I can confirm a 1.2.7.8 installation.
      2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Likewise. Posting for no other reason in particular.
        2011 RCSB S/C'd 5.7L AWD Tundra
        Tesla > Edison

Comment

Confirmed 1.2.7.8.

I didn't see the New AlphaN controls, were those moved to a later version?

The note showing when a table has been modified is super helpful as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoTundra View Post

Confirmed 1.2.7.8.

I didn't see the New AlphaN controls, were those moved to a later version?

The note showing when a table has been modified is super helpful as well!

What ECU version do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by vftuner View Post

what ecu version do you have?

89663-0cp50

Comment

The torque converter tables 2/3/4 etc are used during certain driving scenarios but it is not completely known yet what they are. Some are during limp modes, etc. We are still working on figuring out when all are used.
                So when tuning the TCC lockup, do we need to duplicate the changes to tables 2/3/4 ? Or for the time being, is it best to leave those tables alone until we know what they do?

Comment

After my swap to DW 650cc injectors and subsequent tune, I am getting some hesitation on start up, especially cold start. I was also able to smell gas one time.

It seems like it is getting to much gas to burn on start up. What would be the best setting to work on this? Something to do with startup enrichment?

Comment

After my swap to DW 650cc injectors and subsequent tune, I am getting some hesitation on start up, especially cold start. I was also able to smell gas one time.

It seems like it is getting to much gas to burn on start up. What would be the best setting to work on this? Something to do with startup enrichment?
                    Need to modify cranking IPW tables, which are set to be added into the next update.

We are adding in more and more tables as fast as we can

Comment

Need to modify cranking IPW tables, which are set to be added into the next update.

We are adding in more and more tables as fast as we can
                      Thank you. Is there anything I should to in the meantime that could help?

Comment

89663-0cp50
                        VFTuner should I try to download again? Should I be seeing the AlphaN tables in 1.2.7.8?

Thanks

Comment

VFTuner should I try to download again? Should I be seeing the AlphaN tables in 1.2.7.8?

Thanks
                          no, we need to update the def file for 2019.
                          But we don't have injector cranking pulse tables ready yet.

Also, if you are just waiting on these tables to do your dyno, they really aren't *required* for a good dyno tune.

Comment

no, we need to update the def file for 2019.
                            But we don't have injector cranking pulse tables ready yet.

Also, if you are just waiting on these tables to do your dyno, they really aren't *required* for a good dyno tune.
                            Thanks. The shop was able to complete the dyno tune on Thursday, I attached one of the runs! They just spent a little extra time learning the program.

They still have the truck, and are wanting to work out the cold start issues before returning the truck.

They may have reached out to you as well. Nick is the tuner at Mofab in Parker, CO. They said they already have a couple more people, Tundra and Scion, lined up asking about tuning with VFTuner!

For the cold start issue, I researched cranking injector pulse width and that makes sense, but I know of a handful of people that have tuned with VF and the same DW 650cc injectors without this issue. I know all conditions aren't the same, but since this didn't happen to anybody else I was just wondering if there was something that could have been overlooked?

I'm at 5700 ft and it was 45 degrees F , wondering if colder Temps are why I've experienced this but no one else?

My minimum injector pulse width is set to .3 right now, I saw it was set to .7 on the stock file.

The shop wants to keep my truck until they get it fixed, but that seems like it would be a while if we need to wait for the update. Is there anything else you can think of in the tune that might address the issue?

Thanks again for help. I am very happy with my dyno numbers!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. The shop was able to complete the dyno tune on Thursday, I attached one of the runs! They just spent a little extra time learning the program.

They still have the truck, and are wanting to work out the cold start issues before returning the truck.

They may have reached out to you as well. Nick is the tuner at Mofab in Parker, CO. They said they already have a couple more people, Tundra and Scion, lined up asking about tuning with VFTuner!

For the cold start issue, I researched cranking injector pulse width and that makes sense, but I know of a handful of people that have tuned with VF and the same DW 650cc injectors without this issue. I know all conditions aren't the same, but since this didn't happen to anybody else I was just wondering if there was something that could have been overlooked?

I'm at 5700 ft and it was 45 degrees F , wondering if colder Temps are why I've experienced this but no one else?

My minimum injector pulse width is set to .3 right now, I saw it was set to .7 on the stock file.

The shop wants to keep my truck until they get it fixed, but that seems like it would be a while if we need to wait for the update. Is there anything else you can think of in the tune that might address the issue?

Thanks again for help. I am very happy with my dyno numbers!

Beautiful numbers!

I'll check my email for anything from them. Right now we have so many emails that it might take me a day or two.

what exactly is the issue you're having? Just hard to start? Or super rich on startup or?

I do apologize for not getting you extra assistance with the injectors,we have just been crazy busy here

Comment

Beautiful numbers!

I'll check my email for anything from them. Right now we have so many emails that it might take me a day or two.

what exactly is the issue you're having? Just hard to start? Or super rich on startup or?

I do apologize for not getting you extra assistance with the injectors,we have just been crazy busy here
                                I think he may have already got a response.

After talking to them this morning, it sounds like we will have to wait for the cranking IPW tables.

It is getting too much gas at startup, something about startup primer procedure and cranking enrichment.

It starts to crank and then hesitates before starting. It gets worse at cold start and then better at warm re start, but still there.

I emailed a couple videos, it won't let me post them here: support+id22538

They said it shouldn't hurt it to drive that way, but will foul the spark plugs and they should probably be replaced once we can correct the cranking tables.

It sounds like they have tried to adjust everything they can short of the cranking tables.

Did you have any rough timeline for the update? Sounds like it is a big one!

Thanks again,

Comment

• ColoradoTundra
                                  ColoradoTundra commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  The tuner said that we need the Priming and Cranking IPW table to account for the larger injectors in startup
                              Working...
                              X