2018-2021 Tundra 5.7L Custom Features - Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Migraine View Post
    Hi just noticed the updated software. When updating will the tire size and gear ratio need to be edited? Have been running the tune in my 2019 and LOVE it! Keep up the great work. Glad I found this board for updates etc.
    Thanks,
    -Margaret
    Welcome!

The vF software update should not affect the data in the tunes that you have saved.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

I was able to go in and update my tire size! Very happy to be able to do that now

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoTundra View Post
        I was able to go in and update my tire size! Very happy to be able to do that now
        New maps available for access is always fun!

Enjoy.
        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

I was able to edit the top speed too, for off highway use of course. Changing the tire size and gear ratio was helpful on the shift points. The speedometer still is off running 35's when run stock with the 5.29 gears it is accurate, my guess it is the speed sensors at the wheels. The tune is one of my favorite upgrades to the Tundra to date.

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

New maps available for access is always fun!

Enjoy.
            I forgot to ask. Is there a way to turn on and off Direct Shift or Gear Lock in the tune if it is ever needed, or is that something that just comes in the original tune pack file?

Also, is there the ability to use the Tow/Haul button for a second Map?

If not, what does the Tow/Haul button do now with my current vF SC tune? Does it turn back to the STOCK Tow/Haul maps?

Comment

I forgot to ask. Is there a way to turn on and off Direct Shift or Gear Lock in the tune if it is ever needed, or is that something that just comes in the original tune pack file?

If not, what does the Tow/Haul button do now with my current vF SC tune? Does it turn back to the STOCK Tow/Haul maps?

My apologies, but I am not familiar with the Tundra tunes.
              VFTuner
              Administrator
              VFTuner or
              shellshock
              shellshock ock will have the knowledge there.

I'm just a Taco guy. =)

Comment

shellshock
                shellshock

Comment

There will be an update to vF Tuner available lat allows you to apply / disable these features to files.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
                    There will be an update to vF Tuner available lat allows you to apply / disable these features to files.
                    Great thank you!

For the time being, what does the Tow/Haul button do now with my current vF SC tune? Does it turn back to the STOCK Tow/Haul maps?

Comment

Great thank you!

For the time being, what does the Tow/Haul button do now with my current vF SC tune? Does it turn back to the STOCK Tow/Haul maps?

it acts like stock Tow button. Changes throttle and shift points

Comment

I see that the announcement at the top of the page says - New AlphaN controls - Tundra 2018+ and new ECUs available. Does this mean 2021 Tundra tunes and tune packs are ready?

Comment

Originally posted by realprotundra View Post
                          I see that the announcement at the top of the page says - New AlphaN controls - Tundra 2018+ and new ECUs available. Does this mean 2021 Tundra tunes and tune packs are ready?
                          Not yet, but it's almost ready for 2020 and 2021.

you can see more about the tables here
                          https://forum.vftuner.com/forum/toyo...cu-development

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to it!

Comment

I went to the home page and used the link to download the most recent update, 1.2.7.8. I have tried twice, but when I open vF T and go to "about", it is still showing 1.2.7.7.

Any ideas?

Is it possible that the download link on the homepage isn't updated to 1.2.7.8 yet?

Thank you,

Comment

I went to the home page and used the link to download the most recent update, 1.2.7.8. I have tried twice, but when I open vF T and go to "about", it is still showing 1.2.7.7.

Any ideas?

Is it possible that the download link on the homepage isn't updated to 1.2.7.8 yet?

Thank you,

I saw that when I updated. I'm just guessing the Help / About was not updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X