Announcement

Collapse

VF TUNER 1.2.9.9.8 Released

- Fix Flash issue - 992kb files support msg (Flasher)
- Update Flasher - Clear screen on exit
- Multiple new 3UR-FBE and 3UR-FE ECUs Supported
- Sequoia/LX/LC 3UR Support
- 2019 0CP70 0CP80 Tundra Full support
- Generation 2 Phase 5 ECU TCU Read And Flash Now Supported
- Generation 2 Phase 5 TCU Read and Upload Functionality
- Generation 2 Phase 5 TCU Brick Recovery Functionality
- Generation 2 Phase 5 ECU Brick Recovery Functionality - Update
- Resources folder (inside installation folder) includes Tuning PDFs - will be continually updated
- Tacoma 4.0L Manual Transmission 2009+ Support Updated
- Other useful changes
See more
See less

2018-2021 Tundra 5.7L Custom Features - Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018-2021 Tundra 5.7L Custom Features - Patches

Upcoming patch features
    3D AlphaN Fuel - Load based tuning via TPS x RPM
    MAF Limit Expansion - No more fuel limitations by reaching maximum of the MAF (700HP) - 1000HP Capable Patch
    Expanded control for the Transmission

Version 1 Patch release information
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/08...f?v=1620073128

How do I download the latest version? Im currently using v 1.2.0.5

Comment

Originally posted by ArXane View Post
      How do I download the latest version? Im currently using v 1.2.0.5

The download link is down. Holding for 1.2.7.6.
      2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - Edited Version 8 of 04B14 SFOB Prem OL on 92
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
      Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

The download link is down. Holding for 1.2.7.6.
        Am I able to download 1.2.7.6 today?

Where should I go to stay up to date on the most recent versions?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoTundra View Post

Am I able to download 1.2.7.6 today?

Where should I go to stay up to date on the most recent versions?

Thanks!
          You're welcome.

You can use the link in my Signature. VFTuner will be adding a similar link to his siggy in the future.
          TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

You're welcome.

You can use the link in my Signature. VFTuner will be adding a similar link to his siggy in the future.
            Thank you.

I just downloaded version 1.2.7.6! I was still using 1.0.0.0.12, I didn't know about the updates.

I still have data logger V 1.3.0. Is that still the most current data logger?

Comment

Thank you.

I just downloaded version 1.2.7.6! I was still using 1.0.0.0.12, I didn't know about the updates.

I'm installing now. The updates are big time though. Only in the last few months has the version number been given on the webpage. Keep an eye out there or in the Forum Announcements here.

Comment

I'm installing now. The updates are big time though. Only in the last few months has the version number been given on the webpage. Keep an eye out there or in the Forum Announcements here.
                VFTuner

Thanks. I downloaded the new version and had a few questions/ observations. I marked the questions in bold. I am going to try to use this program to have a shop do a dyno tune, but they have a lot of questions about the software. I am trying to do all the research I can and overcome any potential issues before I leave them my computer for the tune and they are charging me to go through everything.

- "Air Fuel Control- Global AFR Base 2" - this will not open, it shows :Invalid Map:Y size is 0
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Global AFR base 2.PNG
Views:	638
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	433

- "Spark Control-Base Ignition Timing Port Injection Active" - this has the same Map/values listed twice. If tuning is done before an update is made, do changes need to be made to both maps for the changes to take effect?

Name:	Spark Control- Base Ignition Timing Port Injection Active.PNG
Views:	625
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	434

- "DriveTrain Control- Tire Size" - since this is entered in radius, my tires are 295/60/20, or 33.9" diameter. When changing this, do I simply enter 33.9/2 = 16.95" for the value?

Name:	Tire size.PNG
Views:	626
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	430

- "Temperature Models- Calculated Catalyst temperature 2 - 5" - All 5 of these maps are exactly the same. If changes need to be made by the tuner, do they have to be made to all 5 maps, or just the first one?

Name:	Cat Tempature Models 1-5.PNG
Views:	630
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	431

- "Primary Shifting- Upshift schedule 1-2, 2-3, etc." and "Upshift Schedule- Upshift schedule 1-2, 2-3, etc." have the same maps, basically the "upshift schedule" is duplicated now that it has also been added to "Primary Shifting" - If tuning is done before an update is made, do changes need to be made to both sets of maps for the changes to take effect?

Name:	Primary Shifting and Upshift Schedule.PNG
Views:	637
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	432

- "Torque Converter Locking", "2Torque", "3Torque"- I was hoping my tuner would know, but Each of these seem to have different values in the maps. What is the difference between 1, 2 and 3 torque? Do changes need to be made to all 3.

Thanks for all the help!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.

Where are you seeing the Logger Version? I see nothing in the Logger function and only see Logger Version A in the Help / About.

Note that I think there is more functionality in the vF Logger than the FM Logger?

Comment

Where are you seeing the Logger Version? I see nothing in the Logger function and only see Logger Version A in the Help / About.

Note that I think there is more functionality in the vF Logger than the FM Logger?
                    The logger I am using is a different program. I attached a screenshot. Is that what you mean by FM logger?

Name:	Logger.PNG
Views:	606
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	437

I thought the logger function in vF 1.2.7.6 was just to view the log data, I didn't know you could actually log with it.

Comment

The logger I am using is a different program. I attached a screenshot. Is that what you mean by FM logger?

Name:	Logger.PNG
Views:	606
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	437

I thought the logger function in vF 1.2.7.6 was just to view the log data, I didn't know you could actually log with it.
                      Yes. That is the FM Logger. The vF Logger will Log and View.

Comment

VFTuner

Thanks. I downloaded the new version and had a few questions/ observations. I marked the questions in bold. I am going to try to use this program to have a shop do a dyno tune, but they have a lot of questions about the software. I am trying to do all the research I can and overcome any potential issues before I leave them my computer for the tune and they are charging me to go through everything.

- "Air Fuel Control- Global AFR Base 2" - this will not open, it shows :Invalid Map:Y size is 0
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Global AFR base 2.PNG Views:	12 Size:	27.6 KB ID:	433

- "Spark Control-Base Ignition Timing Port Injection Active" - this has the same Map/values listed twice. If tuning is done before an update is made, do changes need to be made to both maps for the changes to take effect?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Spark Control- Base Ignition Timing Port Injection Active.PNG Views:	12 Size:	210.9 KB ID:	434

- "DriveTrain Control- Tire Size" - since this is entered in radius, my tires are 295/60/20, or 33.9" diameter. When changing this, do I simply enter 33.9/2 = 16.95" for the value?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Tire size.PNG Views:	12 Size:	9.0 KB ID:	430

- "Temperature Models- Calculated Catalyst temperature 2 - 5" - All 5 of these maps are exactly the same. If changes need to be made by the tuner, do they have to be made to all 5 maps, or just the first one?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Cat Tempature Models 1-5.PNG Views:	12 Size:	181.4 KB ID:	431

- "Primary Shifting- Upshift schedule 1-2, 2-3, etc." and "Upshift Schedule- Upshift schedule 1-2, 2-3, etc." have the same maps, basically the "upshift schedule" is duplicated now that it has also been added to "Primary Shifting" - If tuning is done before an update is made, do changes need to be made to both sets of maps for the changes to take effect?
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Primary Shifting and Upshift Schedule.PNG Views:	12 Size:	134.3 KB ID:	432

- "Torque Converter Locking", "2Torque", "3Torque"- I was hoping my tuner would know, but Each of these seem to have different values in the maps. What is the difference between 1, 2 and 3 torque? Do changes need to be made to all 3.

Thanks for all the help!

Air Fuel Control - global AFR base 2. I will check on this and see why the table is not properly showing up.

Spark Control - Table. Our software is listing the same table twice. It's a duplicate. Sorry about that we will fix it asap.

Yes, it is inch radius. (diameter / 2)

If you need to change your catalyst table temperatures, you should do all of them. They are all the same but used at different times.

Tuning does not need to be made twice to the tables. They are the same tables listed 2 ways. Mainly this was because the "upshift schedule" was our old method and primary shifting is the new list method. These duplicates will be removed when we do our definition clean up, some table renaming and such on an upcoming version with a bunch of other features.

The torque converter tables 2/3/4 etc are used during certain driving scenarios but it is not completely known yet what they are. Some are during limp modes, etc. We are still working on figuring out when all are used.

Our logger is build into vF Tuner now, works much much better than that previous logger.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

Air Fuel Control - global AFR base 2. I will check on this and see why the table is not properly showing up.

Spark Control - Table. Our software is listing the same table twice. It's a duplicate. Sorry about that we will fix it asap.

Yes, it is inch radius. (diameter / 2)

If you need to change your catalyst table temperatures, you should do all of them. They are all the same but used at different times.

Tuning does not need to be made twice to the tables. They are the same tables listed 2 ways. Mainly this was because the "upshift schedule" was our old method and primary shifting is the new list method. These duplicates will be removed when we do our definition clean up, some table renaming and such on an upcoming version with a bunch of other features.

The torque converter tables 2/3/4 etc are used during certain driving scenarios but it is not completely known yet what they are. Some are during limp modes, etc. We are still working on figuring out when all are used.

Our logger is build into vF Tuner now, works much much better than that previous logger.

Thank you.

For Spark control duplicate- I am getting dyno tuned next week. If the 2 tables are still showing up, will that cause an issue, or can they just enter the same info into both?

Just to confirm, for the upshift schedule if they only change the tables under "primary shifting", that is all that is needed?

Thanks again

Comment

Thank you.

For Spark control duplicate- I am getting dyno tuned next week. If the 2 tables are still showing up, will that cause an issue, or can they just enter the same info into both?

Just to confirm, for the upshift schedule if they only change the tables under "primary shifting", that is all that is needed?

Thanks again

It will not cause any problems. The changes you make to one will be duplicated to the other. It's the same table.

Yes, focus on primary shifting.

Comment

Hi just noticed the updated software. When updating will the tire size and gear ratio need to be edited? Have been running the tune in my 2019 and LOVE it! Keep up the great work. Glad I found this board for updates etc.
                              Thanks,
                              -Margaret

Comment

Working...
                              X