Tunes for 2nd Gen Tacoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunes for 2nd Gen Tacoma?

Seen the other threads in this discussion but they all seem to point to the 4runners. I'm curious about the 4.0L in the 2nd gen Tacoma. Are there any plans to support them in the near future?

Hello

we have 2nd Gen Tacoma release scheduled for early 2021, after we finish the Tundra release.

Comment

Thanks for the response!

Just out of curiosity, are the ECU ID's as easy as the 3rd gen Tacoma (easy to understand which ECU ID applies to which MY) or are they similar to the Tundra (having significantly more ECU ID's)? That's one reason I've wanted to stay away from tuning Tundra's.

Comment

Any chance this is coming out soon?

Comment

Following. Own a 2015 Acces Cab 4.0L SR5 with 4x4

Comment

• martialcomp
            martialcomp commented
            Editing a comment
            I have the same question. I would love to purchase the VF Tuner Software bundle and a tuner pack but I do not see a tuner pack for the 2nd Gen Tacomas. Mine is a 2010 V6. Thanks.

It's pretty disappointing that I bought this product and software 3 months ago, credited my ecu for my 2009 Trd Offroad and this thread still has cobwebs 3 months later. Literally the only thing I've been able to use it for is basically the same thing I've used techstream for all along. Kinda stuck with the loss now I guess. Just wish I would have dug a little deeper before purchasing. May be purposefully set up that way as to increase revenue or something idk, not saying it is but 🧐😆. My bad yall but I'm frustrated. What the main thead read prior to my purchase was "4.0 1GR-FE now fully supported" That's all I needed to see as a newbie to be placed under the impression that I could plug it in click a few buttons and instantly recoup some of my initial investment in the form of horsepower and torque. So imagine my disappointment when I realized I now need to spend more money to have a professional do the tuning when in actuality I could possibly have had that done without the need for the vf platform in the first place. Like I said I'm sorry to rant negatively here but I just spent all night searching the web as well as this forum for, at the least, some values to plug in to my maps and I've now come away more confused then ever so the wound is fresh. I've never used a forum before this so it's possible the info was closer than I realized and that I'm missing something or this entire thing is just so far over my head that I'm not even remotely on base with how it works. I will gladly admit when I'm wrong so someone please enlighten me. I do however feel that a little more obvious disclosure of how it all works, what a calibration file is and the difference between a calibration file and a tune pack file somewhere in precession to the purchase page or maybe even as a final "are you sure you understand" when settling a cart, would make me feel like I screwed myself a little more than just being on the receiving end. Anyways guess I'll just wait for some good news and hope the truck is still in the arsenal by then.

Comment

• dirtdigginjoe
            dirtdigginjoe commented
            Editing a comment
            The 1GR has been supported for a bit. VFTuner is a software suite, like HPTuners. It's the software that gives you the capability to tune. There's no "pre-canned" tunes with the exception of Tune Packs, which are available for certain models. A quick 2min read of the product before purchasing would've given you the info you needed to understand that simply purchasing VFTuner is not going to magically grant you HP and TQ. But, in the right hands you can easily make HP and TQ by tuning it via professionals. VFTuner is just the "key" that unlocks access to the ECU essentially.

• tonered
            tonered commented
            Editing a comment
            We can't like comments here, but spot on.

Originally posted by MilesOut1023 View Post
          It's pretty disappointing that I bought this product and software 3 months ago, credited my ecu for my 2009 Trd Offroad and this thread still has cobwebs 3 months later. Literally the only thing I've been able to use it for is basically the same thing I've used techstream for all along. Kinda stuck with the loss now I guess. Just wish I would have dug a little deeper before purchasing. May be purposefully set up that way as to increase revenue or something idk, not saying it is but 🧐😆. My bad yall but I'm frustrated. What the main thead read prior to my purchase was "4.0 1GR-FE now fully supported" That's all I needed to see as a newbie to be placed under the impression that I could plug it in click a few buttons and instantly recoup some of my initial investment in the form of horsepower and torque. So imagine my disappointment when I realized I now need to spend more money to have a professional do the tuning when in actuality I could possibly have had that done without the need for the vf platform in the first place. Like I said I'm sorry to rant negatively here but I just spent all night searching the web as well as this forum for, at the least, some values to plug in to my maps and I've now come away more confused then ever so the wound is fresh. I've never used a forum before this so it's possible the info was closer than I realized and that I'm missing something or this entire thing is just so far over my head that I'm not even remotely on base with how it works. I will gladly admit when I'm wrong so someone please enlighten me. I do however feel that a little more obvious disclosure of how it all works, what a calibration file is and the difference between a calibration file and a tune pack file somewhere in precession to the purchase page or maybe even as a final "are you sure you understand" when settling a cart, would make me feel like I screwed myself a little more than just being on the receiving end. Anyways guess I'll just wait for some good news and hope the truck is still in the arsenal by then.
          You didn't say what you actually purchased. It sounds like you bought the vF software and adapter bundle with a Tune Pack. If so, buy a Tune Pack for your ECU and get happy.

The total cost was basically the same before vF where we could not edit the tunes and the selection was a lot smaller.
          2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
          TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

You didn't say what you actually purchased. It sounds like you bought the vF software and adapter bundle with a Tune Pack. If so, buy a Tune Pack for your ECU and get happy.

The total cost was basically the same before vF where we could not edit the tunes and the selection was a lot smaller.
            For the record, there's no 2GT TP listed on the website that I can see

Comment

Originally posted by mZiggy View Post

For the record, there's no 2GT TP listed on the website that I can see
              Good point. There was one at one point. My bad.
              TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

No, I purchased the software/adapter bundle. I didnt see anything in tune packs but 3rd gen. I have a 2009 Tacoma Trd Off-Road ECU ID#896630449400. Am I missing something or do I in fact have to pay a pro tuner?

Comment

No, I purchased the software/adapter bundle. I didnt see anything in tune packs but 3rd gen. I have a 2009 Tacoma Trd Off-Road ECU ID#896630449400. Am I missing something or do I in fact have to pay a pro tuner?

You are missing nothing but do need to buy the 04494 Tune Pack when it is available.

Comment

Ok thank you. Any idea if something is in the works/under development for that # ? Seems like if anything it would be getting buried deeper and deeper in the list of to-dos for them the more time that passes as more and more models and ecu's will have been cracked/available.

Comment

Ok thank you. Any idea if something is in the works/under development for that # ? Seems like if anything it would be getting buried deeper and deeper in the list of to-dos for them the more time that passes as more and more models and ecu's will have been cracked/available.
                      I do not know what is in development. That would be a question for VFTuner .

Comment

Going forward our goal is not to continually provide pre made tunes, but to provide the tuning software. We will continue to improve the tool itself, to make tuning easier for you guys. But the ultimate goal here is for people to be able to make tunes themselves

Comment

The good news is your ECU is fully supported in vF. The bad news is there are no tune packs. However, I may be able to link you up with a premade tune. Send me a PM and maybe we can get you a file to test and get you up and running.

Comment

• MilesOut1023
                            MilesOut1023 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hey bud, I just got around to getting back into learning the whole tuning process and just signed back in on this forum for the first time in about a year. I saw in the thread where you said you may could help me out with a starting point or maybe a few maps to reference. If that is still a possibility it would be super appreciated. You have PM blocking turned on but if you want to PM me I'll shoot you my email address and you can send any links or attachments to it. Thanks in advance bro seriously.
                        Working...
                        X