Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Pro-charged Build in need of Tune Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2021 Pro-charged Build in need of Tune Support

    Congrats on the 2019 Tune support! Anyone know if 20-21 support is in the queue? I have a dead in the water 21 TRD Pro... I've been working with Pro-charger & another tuning company to try to get into the ECU with no luck. I have a really great looking piece of art in my shop at the moment. 😉
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1394.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	8226

  • #2
    Unfortunately 20+ 4R tuning isn't possible right now. Toyota moved to a gen2 ecu with stricter protections/security beginning with the late model 2019's (basically 2020+) and Mat has said that the ECUs aren't even able to be bench-read. Basically all we can do is hope that Toyota releases a TSB ECU update cuw to then get support.

    I really want to tune my wife's 2020.

    Comment


    • #3
      I have heard similar things. So with the TSB would any ECU TSB give an in for tuning, because of the need for the dealer to reflash the ECU creating an in for tuning support? Or would the update have to give a "door" to tuners to get in?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TRDLun4r View Post
        I have heard similar things. So with the TSB would any ECU TSB give an in for tuning, because of the need for the dealer to reflash the ECU creating an in for tuning support? Or would the update have to give a "door" to tuners to get in?
        The latter, because the cuw file for the updated ECU version could be converted into a bin file, which could then be used by VFTuner or HPTuners or whomever to build support.

        Awhile back I'd done some digging and found a TSB listing for 2020-21 4runners that basically instructs service techs to report if customers come into the dealer complaining about poor engine performance, excessive or inappropriate shifting, poor power, etc. So it sounds to me like something could come up but who knows when. I wouldn't hold your breath.
        Last edited by mZiggy; 10-12-2021, 08:36 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Something like this?
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TRDLun4r View Post
            Something like this?
            That is just the flash procedure for TSBs in general. If you flip through it, you will see that it is not vehicle specific.

            You're looking for a TSB applicable to your specific ECU ID, which just doesn't exist now.


            Also, VFTuner is very well informed about new Toyota service info.
            2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
            TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
            Latest vF Version Download

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tonered View Post

              That is just the flash procedure for TSBs in general. If you flip through it, you will see that it is not vehicle specific.

              You're looking for a TSB applicable to your specific ECU ID, which just doesn't exist now.


              Also, VFTuner is very well informed about new Toyota service info.
              I figured, can't help but dig I have plenty of work to do on the 4R so the fact its down isn't a big deal. Thank you for the solid responses. Ill keep my eyes out.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TRDLun4r View Post

                I figured, can't help but dig I have plenty of work to do on the 4R so the fact its down isn't a big deal. Thank you for the solid responses. Ill keep my eyes out.
                You're welcome!
                2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
                TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
                Latest vF Version Download

                Comment


                • #9
                  Unfortunately at this time we can't support this ECU.

                  the very minute a TSB releases we will start support.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X