Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robaholic
    commented on 's reply
    Would it be possible VFTuner to add the in depth A/F Maps that the tacoma has? In the PDF is has an incredible enrichment table and says the following "VF Tuner has created an easy way to tune Target AFR for boost fueling. Using this table, you
    can target the enrichment that you require for the RPM and Engine Load that you are seeing as
    shown below."

• VFTuner
    commented on 's reply
    some tables the tundra has the 4Runner does not. so not all tables can be added.

• tonered
    commented on 's reply
    Submit a Zendesk ticket to VFTuner noting maps that you would like to have added. They will be added if available.

• Robaholic
    commented on 's reply
    I have but there are some maps that my ecu file does not have :O

• tonered
    replied
    Originally posted by Robaholic View Post
    Hey All,

So I have finally finished my installation of a custom made kit for my 5th generation 4runner that adds a A/R .63 Turbo. Nothing big but I have not really started a tune other than retarding the ignition timing slightly so I feel more comfortable driving. I am wondering if anyone has any pointers or tips as to where to start, going from naturally aspirated to forced induction. What are the key maps to start woking on and why? Also, is there like a boost limiter? It seems like after only 1-2 pounds of boost the car doesn't want to take anything else and it just dumps itself into limp mode for a quick second, prevent WOT from happening and the revs from progressing. No engine codes, anyone know what this could be about?
    Look in the vF Tuner Help menu. There are Tuning Guides for both the Tundra S/C and Tacoma 3.5l.

Leave a comment:

• Robaholic
    started a topic Forced Induction 1GR-FE Help?

Forced Induction 1GR-FE Help?

Hey All,

So I have finally finished my installation of a custom made kit for my 5th generation 4runner that adds a A/R .63 Turbo. Nothing big but I have not really started a tune other than retarding the ignition timing slightly so I feel more comfortable driving. I am wondering if anyone has any pointers or tips as to where to start, going from naturally aspirated to forced induction. What are the key maps to start woking on and why? Also, is there like a boost limiter? It seems like after only 1-2 pounds of boost the car doesn't want to take anything else and it just dumps itself into limp mode for a quick second, prevent WOT from happening and the revs from progressing. No engine codes, anyone know what this could be about?
Working...
X