Announcement

Collapse

Forum Update

We want to let everyone know the forum will remain open but it is not actively monitored or moderated. Information from users on this site, files, tuning information, etc is use - at - own - risk.
To make it easier for users to find information, VF tuner will be publishing a news letter, and posts on our facebook, for all relevant updates and information.
This forum is for user / tuner experience and information sharing among the community.
See more
See less

1gr-fe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Mule5000 View Post
    Might be a long shot but just wondering if there is compatibility with the ECU / TCM for a 2005 Prado 1GR-FE (Single VVT), 5 Speed Auto (A750F)?
    we would have to know what the ECU ID is.

    Comment


    • #77
      Probably a stupid question but where do i find the ECU ID? is it the one written directly on the ECU itself?
      The numbers on the ECU are as follows
      TOYOTA
      89661-60B71
      275100-2780 12V
      Denso Made In Japan

      Ive installed a TRD supercharger on my car with a 2.5" pully upgrade and Meth injection.
      I have had it tuned by others using aftermarket chips but Ive never been happy with their tunes and also really wanted tweak the transmission also.
      Last edited by Mule5000; 04-08-2022, 12:17 PM.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Mule5000 View Post
        Probably a stupid question but where do i find the ECU ID? is it the one written directly on the ECU itself?
        The numbers on the ECU are as follows
        TOYOTA
        89661-60B71
        275100-2780 12V
        Denso Made In Japan

        Ive installed a TRD supercharger on my car with a 2.5" pully upgrade and Meth injection.
        I have had it tuned by others using aftermarket chips but Ive never been happy with their tunes and also really wanted tweak the transmission also.
        Assuming you already have vF tuner, you will see it in the flash window when you select the Pepare ECU button.

        Assuming you don't have vF tuner, then you could get the calibration ID from some scan tools. I'm unable to provide instructions as to how because each one is different.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by ktbell444 View Post

          Assuming you already have vF tuner, you will see it in the flash window when you select the Pepare ECU button.

          Assuming you don't have vF tuner, then you could get the calibration ID from some scan tools. I'm unable to provide instructions as to how because each one is different.
          Cheers I only have a "version" of Tech stream might have a look on there to see if i can get the Calibration ID from that if anyone can point me in the right direction there i would be greatly appreciative.

          I wasn't going to buy the vF tuner package until i knew it would work on my car.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Mule5000 View Post

            Cheers I only have a "version" of Tech stream might have a look on there to see if i can get the Calibration ID from that if anyone can point me in the right direction there i would be greatly appreciative.

            I wasn't going to buy the vF tuner package until i knew it would work on my car.
            Ah, well in that case, tonered has provided the steps here.
            ​​​​

            Comment


            • #81
              Hey -
              I bought my VF Tuner on Oct 25 2021 to be able to tune my 2010 Tacoma (4.0L)... I've been working through [email protected] since then.

              Apparently my ECU is still not supported. Unless I'm missing something, I've been stuck with a VF Tuner as a proverbial paper weight.
              - Yes, I've continually done updates as new versions are available. Here's a type out of the prepare ECU box (screen grab attached).

              Thanks,

              VF-CVN-ID: 49627022BA59


              vF Tuner Flash Utility
              VIN: 5TELU4EN2AZ675413
              ID: 30459000
              ECM Part Number: 4E60
              Drivetrain: RN2# 1GRFE An
              CAN Timeout: 4ms
              Connection to ECU is reliable. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH YOUR VEHICLE IF BATTERY VOLTAGE IS UNDER 12.0 VOLTS!

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by tenkkutn View Post
                Hey -
                I bought my VF Tuner on Oct 25 2021 to be able to tune my 2010 Tacoma (4.0L)... I've been working through [email protected] since then.

                Apparently my ECU is still not supported. Unless I'm missing something, I've been stuck with a VF Tuner as a proverbial paper weight.
                - Yes, I've continually done updates as new versions are available. Here's a type out of the prepare ECU box (screen grab attached).

                Thanks,

                VF-CVN-ID: 49627022BA59


                vF Tuner Flash Utility
                VIN: 5TELU4EN2AZ675413
                ID: 30459000
                ECM Part Number: 4E60
                Drivetrain: RN2# 1GRFE An
                CAN Timeout: 4ms
                Connection to ECU is reliable. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FLASH YOUR VEHICLE IF BATTERY VOLTAGE IS UNDER 12.0 VOLTS!
                Looks like it’s a 2010 MT, correct? There should be a .cuw file to get you from 3045900 to 30454100 from what I can tell. I don’t have that .cuw file. Once you update to the latest Toyota cal, it looks like VF has support for the 30454100 ECU.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by BortisYeltzen View Post
                  Looks like it’s a 2010 MT, correct? There should be a .cuw file to get you from 3045900 to 30454100 from what I can tell. I don’t have that .cuw file. Once you update to the latest Toyota cal, it looks like VF has support for the 30454100 ECU.
                  We have this CUW, and are working on adding it to our ECU updater so techstream is not required

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X