Information regarding Tacoma 3.5L EROM 1.2 Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information regarding Tacoma 3.5L EROM 1.2 Update

So as you guys know we have been working for some time on some new calibration updates for the tacoma. ( referred to as "ultimate" tunes)

Here is how it will work.

EnhanceROM 1.2 for the 3.5L Tacoma will work like this >

A user can select a stock tune, or their existing tune (user / pro tuner / etc) and within the software there will be an option to "apply EROM 1.2" patch to the file.

This will make several changes to the file including but not limited to >
    Changes to the transmission control code
    Changes to the transmission shift points
    Changes to the transmission control code > shift points > expanded tables and simplified methods (less shift tables)
    Changes to the transmission control code > Torque Converter points > expanded tables and simplified methods (less shift tables)
    Map Switching enabled
    S Mode Gear Lock Enabled

and multiple other things.

once the patch is applied to the file, you'll need to save it and re open it in VF tuner to have access to everything.

More details to come soon, but we wanted to let you guys know how it will work.

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
    So as you guys know we have been working for some time on some new calibration updates for the tacoma. ( referred to as "ultimate" tunes)

A user can select a stock tune, or their existing tune (user / pro tuner / etc) and within the software there will be an option to "apply EROM 1.2" patch to the file.

Changes to the transmission control code > shift points > expanded tables and simplified methods (less shift tables)
    Changes to the transmission control code > Torque Converter points > expanded tables and simplified methods (less shift tables)
    Map Switching enabled
    S Mode Gear Lock Enabled

once the patch is applied to the file, you'll need to save it and re open it in VF tuner to have access to everything.

That is excellent. Thank you!
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

VFTuner
      Administrator
      VFTuner
      Thank you!
      One question, and it may be that I missed it, but will Cruise work w/o dumping back to factory?

Thanks,
      Chase

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

Map Switching enabled
        S Mode Gear Lock Enabled

This is awesome!

I assume this is how I'll be able to apply SFOB code changes to a stock M/T file as well..

Comment

So i hope I understand this right . So this enhanceROM can be applied to any current tune .

Comment

Originally posted by shotgunbilly420 View Post
            So i hope I understand this right . So this enhanceROM can be applied to any current tune .
            yes.
            You'll load your file > apply Enhanced ROM > Software will prompt you to save the file and then re open it

Comment

Does this impact MT also or only for AT?

Comment

Working...
              X