Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable the governor on Tacoma 2016+?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to disable the governor on Tacoma 2016+?

    When a limiter kicks in your stuck at whatever speed and it stays there. A governor cuts the fuel and it drops off about 5 mph.
    is there is way to disable it with OV tune? if yes where can you please help!
    here we are using it for sand dunes and when it hit the max rpm it will cut the fuel and you are stuck.
    is it possible to make cut the fuel and resume faster so you will not lose speed ?


  • #2
    Originally posted by royall2 View Post
    When a limiter kicks in your stuck at whatever speed and it stays there. A governor cuts the fuel and it drops off about 5 mph.
    is there is way to disable it with OV tune? if yes where can you please help!
    here we are using it for sand dunes and when it hit the max rpm it will cut the fuel and you are stuck.
    is it possible to make cut the fuel and resume faster so you will not lose speed ?
    On the 3rd Gen, there are maps to change the rev limit. It was raised to 7,250 in the MT tunes, which makes for better shift points.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tonered View Post

      On the 3rd Gen, there are maps to change the rev limit. It was raised to 7,250 in the MT tunes, which makes for better shift points.
      Yes but this will not help for up hill, there is should be to disable the fuel cut off, or it can be resumed, mine is set to 6800 when it cut it drop to 6100 then resume and until it resume the fuel you are stuck in the sand dunes.
      no option in the VF tuner pro to resume it faster like 6750. this will really help me and the others in the sands or anywhere else.

      anybody can help !
      Last edited by royall2; 10-28-2021, 10:32 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by royall2 View Post

        Yes but this will not help for up hill, there is should be to disable the fuel cut off, or it can be resumed, mine is set to 6800 when it cut it drop to 6100 then resume and until it resume the fuel you are stuck in the sand dunes.
        no option in the VF tuner pro to resume it faster like 6750. this will really help me and the others in the sands or anywhere else.

        anybody can help !
        I think you're saying that when fuel cutoff occurs, at 6,800 RPM's, your RPM's drop to 6,100 before the truck regains power again, correct?

        And tonered, should you move this to the correct 3rd gen section?

        Comment


        • #5
          Following to see if anyone has a solution for this.
          I ride sand in Hawaii when I it, we gotta eye the tach and watch our revs to keep it from living it down. All the times have gotten stuck was for the same reason OP mentioned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ktbell444 View Post

            I think you're saying that when fuel cutoff occurs, at 6,800 RPM's, your RPM's drop to 6,100 before the truck regains power again, correct?

            And tonered, should you move this to the correct 3rd gen section?
            Yes correct, there is should be a map to restore/resume fuel so we can control it in which RPM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by royall2 View Post

              Yes correct, there is should be a map to restore/resume fuel so we can control it in which RPM.
              Just wanted to make sure.

              Here's the last I have seen discussion on it.
              It’s a great tune, but as a qualifier, it will not go over all the hills in the mountain west in 6th gear. Just want to manage expectations. You are...

              Comment


              • #8
                I hope they can fix this soon, 25 tacoma's owners waiting for me to tune their's vehicle and they want only to remove the fuel cut.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is not a problem with the software. This is the logic of the ECU.

                  provide us datalogs please, showing where fuel is CUT and exactly where fuel is engaged, and we can find the solution.


                  We also explained already once that for what you are looking for you should use CUT IGNITION.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by royall2 View Post
                    I hope they can fix this soon, 25 tacoma's owners waiting for me to tune their's vehicle and they want only to remove the fuel cut.
                    Submit a ticket through the Zendesk email.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ktbell444 View Post

                      Submit a ticket through the Zendesk email.
                      Already submitted and datalogs sent.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by royall2 View Post

                        Already submitted and datalogs sent.
                        Curious to know what the response is. I haven't quite pushed my truck that far yet, but I could definitely see why it can be bothersome.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Sub'd. I registered purely for this thread. We're facing the same issue in the UAE where 100% of our offroading is dune bashing and the fuel cut off is a buzz kill. All Taco owners face the same problem.

                          Comment


                          • ktbell444
                            ktbell444 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Little off topic but I remember going out there and taking the sunset safari where we bashed around in the dunes in some Toyota's before heading to dinner for the night. Wish I could find where that was at, but all I can find is the main office and not where we went to eat.

                            Hopefully we all see something soon for this.

                        • #14
                          We will figure it out and create a solution once we have some good data logs of the events

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
                            We will figure it out and create a solution once we have some good data logs of the events
                            I have sent the data logs.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X