Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vF Tuner for previous customers

Hi there,

Ovtune flash kit owner here. Awhile back I understood there was a way to get a discounted price for vF tuner for flash kit owners? Is that still the case. If it is, would it come with a tune pack for the registered vehicles ECU "2017 tacoma" or would I still need to buy it separately. If it does come with that models tune pack, just to verify, I would be able to flash those "unmodified" files to any other same ECU without needing to purchase additional credits to unlock the "ECU". Thank you!

Originally posted by Iizjawshh View Post
    Hi there,

Ovtune flash kit owner here. Awhile back I understood there was a way to get a discounted price for vF tuner for flash kit owners? Is that still the case. If it is, would it come with a tune pack for the registered vehicles ECU "2017 tacoma" or would I still need to buy it separately. If it does come with that models tune pack, just to verify, I would be able to flash those "unmodified" files to any other same ECU without needing to purchase additional credits to unlock the "ECU". Thank you!
    Yes.

You can choose to upgrade to a vF License for $79 or to vF Lite for free. You will get a Tune Pack and Credits to Unlock your VIN.

Just send a message to VFTuner through the Zendesk Support system to get the ball rolling.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

As Tonered said, you will get it all, but it will be a multi-step process.
      1. Submit the zendesk ticket with your email address and original order # (to help verify your original purchase)
      2. They will send you a link to purchase an upgrade package for $0 and If you had a licensing dongle, an address to mail it back
      3. When all this is complete, they will send a license key for VFTuner
      4. While you are waiting, you can install Tactrix OpenPort drivers (if you don't already have it) and update your ECU with the latest TSB CUW version using TechStream (if desired)
      5. Download and install VFTuner using the provided key, and register with your email and appropriate password
      6. Open VFTuner, connect to your truck and click "Prepare ECU". It will ask if you want to spend 4 credits to license your vehicle (you should have 5 or 9 available)
      7. When it's done, highlight and copy the results.
      8. Reply to your last ZenDesk email to request your TunePack. Include the ECU version (e.g. 04B14) and paste the results from "Prepare ECU" (VIN and ID are the main things).
      9. You should get another message with a link to the appropriate TunePack
      If folks think a step-by-step video would be useful, let me know and I can work on it this month.
      2016 Taco TRD OR DCSB MT V6

Comment

• Iizjawshh
        Iizjawshh commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for breaking it down! Very helpful. One question though. Will I need to purchase additional credits and register each additional car being tuned (same ecu ID as my truck), or is having the tune pack for that ecu ID enough?

• tonered
        tonered commented
        Editing a comment
        You cannot purchase additional Credits to flash tunes on vehicles that you do not own unless you have the Pro upgrade.

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      As Tonered said, you will get it all, but it will be a multi-step process.
      1. Submit the zendesk ticket with your email address and original order # (to help verify your original purchase)
      2. They will send you a link to purchase an upgrade package for $0 and If you had a licensing dongle, an address to mail it back
      3. When all this is complete, they will send a license key for VFTuner
      4. While you are waiting, you can install Tactrix OpenPort drivers (if you don't already have it) and update your ECU with the latest TSB CUW version using TechStream (if desired)
      5. Download and install VFTuner using the provided key, and register with your email and appropriate password
      6. Open VFTuner, connect to your truck and click "Prepare ECU". It will ask if you want to spend 4 credits to license your vehicle (you should have 5 or 9 available)
      7. When it's done, highlight and copy the results.
      8. Reply to your last ZenDesk email to request your TunePack. Include the ECU version (e.g. 04B14) and paste the results from "Prepare ECU" (VIN and ID are the main things).
      9. You should get another message with a link to the appropriate TunePack
      If folks think a step-by-step video would be useful, let me know and I can work on it this month.

Thanks for breaking it down in that much detail!

Vampyrex13 has a good video. It is for the older vF software, but it is really well done.
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

tonered "You cannot purchase additional Credits to flash tunes on vehicles that you do not own unless you have the Pro upgrade."

Thanks for the clarifications. From the "products" tab vFtuner, I was under the impression that a regular vftuner user would be able to flash other vehicles as long as it had the same ECU ID Click image for larger version

Name:	vftuner.png
Views:	121
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	7307

Comment

• Iizjawshh
          Iizjawshh commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry for my confusing responses, not used to using forum.

Originally posted by Iizjawshh View Post
        tonered "You cannot purchase additional Credits to flash tunes on vehicles that you do not own unless you have the Pro upgrade."

Thanks for the clarifications. From the "products" tab vFtuner, I was under the impression that a regular vftuner user would be able to flash other vehicles as long as it had the same ECU ID Click image for larger version

Name:	vftuner.png
Views:	121
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	7307
        It is no problem.

This was a recent change (in July) due to scammers and tuning groups not complying with the change to Unlock VINs for flashing.

The Tune Pack will most certainly work on any ECU that has the same ID, but without Credits to Unlock another VIN for flashing, you cannot proceed. Of course, you are free to choose what to do with the Credits that you might have, but as always, choose carefully as more cannot be purchased.

If you want to flash other supported vehicles that you own, you will need to reach out to VFTuner about that.

Sorry for the trouble. This has affected me also. I bought the Pro upgrade to continue flashing other folks.

Comment

Working...
        X