Flash Kit support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Kit support

My old laptop died and I need to use the flash kit to change my current tune but since the old software is not available I am not able to of course.

I sent a support ticket to Zendesk a week ago and haven't received a reply VFTuner

​​​​

Originally posted by Crimson Flam3s View Post
    My old laptop died and I need to use the flash kit to change my current tune but since the old software is not available I am not able to of course.

I sent a support ticket to Zendesk a week ago and haven't received a reply VFTuner

​​​​
    Have you been taken care of ? I am afraid to use my laptop for fear of an update or something else that would be a problem and not get helped .

Comment

Originally posted by CSRGR View Post

Have you been taken care of ? I am afraid to use my laptop for fear of an update or something else that would be a problem and not get helped .
      If something changes, you will get help. Yes, there might be a wait, but it is better to address it sooner rather than later.

With either the new vF versions or vF Lite, updates will not longer affect the License.
      2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
      Latest vF Version Download

Comment

I had the old flash manager installed with the old dongle and had 1.0.4 maps installed on my 2016 OR MT. In April, I submitted the ZenDesk request for VFTuner and mailed my dongle back. Matt sent me my VFTuner Master Key but it's been sitting in my inbox since May.

I just reinstalled Windows on my laptop and took the opportunity to get everything installed and start from scratch. Got Open Port installed, then TechStream, then applied the TSB CUW update to 04B14.

Then I installed VFTuner and prepared my ECU and licensed the vehicle with 4 credits (of 9) . All that went fine, so if you're worried about updating, I would recommend moving forward. Just be patient in terms of response times and plan accordingly.

The only question left is how to get the Tune Pack since I'm an original owner. Will that be handled automatically now that I licensed the vehicle or do I need to open a new ZenDesk ticket?
        Last edited by filbert; 09-04-2021, 06:08 AM.
        2016 Taco TRD OR DCSB MT V6

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

If something changes, you will get help. Yes, there might be a wait, but it is better to address it sooner rather than later.

With either the new vF versions or vF Lite, updates will not longer affect the License.
          Are you talking about Microsoft updates or VF updates ? Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            I had the old flash manager installed with the old dongle and had 1.0.4 maps installed on my 2016 OR MT. In April, I submitted the ZenDesk request for VFTuner and mailed my dongle back. Matt sent me my VFTuner Master Key but it's been sitting in my inbox since May.

I just reinstalled Windows on my laptop and took the opportunity to get everything installed and start from scratch. Got Open Port installed, then TechStream, then applied the TSB CUW update to 04B14.

Then I installed VFTuner and prepared my ECU and licensed the vehicle with 4 credits (of 9) . All that went fine, so if you're worried about updating, I would recommend moving forward. Just be patient in terms of response times and plan accordingly.

The only question left is how to get the Tune Pack since I'm an original owner. Will that be handled automatically now that I licensed the vehicle or do I need to open a new ZenDesk ticket?
            Good stuff.

Just reply to the Zendesk message that you updated to 04B14. VFTuner will send you the updated Tune Pack.

It is not automatic.
            TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Are you talking about Microsoft updates or VF updates ? Thank you .
              I was talking about MS updates, but it is the same with vF updates. It all seems much more stable now.

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

I was talking about MS updates, but it is the same with vF updates. It all seems much more stable now.
                thankyou for the reply , this is good to know .

Comment

thankyou for the reply , this is good to know .
                  You're welcome!

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Comment

Same day response on the Tune Packs! Will flash SuperFOB tomorrow!
                    2016 Taco TRD OR DCSB MT V6

Comment

Well it's been over 2 weeks now and still no response, VFTuner just got a response email for request 29074 ....

Comment

Well it's been over 2 weeks now and still no response, VFTuner just got a response email for request 29074 ....
                        Double check your email. Spam folder or whatever. I emailed you requesting info what upgrade path you want and have not heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

Double check your email. Spam folder or whatever. I emailed you requesting info what upgrade path you want and have not heard back.
                          I double checked spam and all folders and I didn't get anything, not sure why it didn't arrive. I have only gotten the confirmation email from zendesk support when I initiated the support request a while back, so I went ahead and just replied to that.

Thanks!

Comment

VFTuner did you ever get my emails or private message? It's been over a month now and still no response.

I have double checked all my folders and there is nothing there so idk what is going with Zendesk.

If we aren't able to use the product we paid for and support does nothing at all then we should at least get refunded but I just wanna use the product I paid for.

Comment

VFTuner did you ever get my emails or private message? It's been over a month now and still no response.

I have double checked all my folders and there is nothing there so idk what is going with Zendesk.

If we aren't able to use the product we paid for and support does nothing at all then we should at least get refunded but I just wanna use the product I paid for.
                              I got your email and asked if you want the full or lite upgrade. I will check my ticket again I didn't see which

Comment

Working...
                              X