Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanded AFR - I Can't seem to get this to work

I'm trying to verify that I can command an immediate change in AFR -

I've manipulated the AFR Target Base Direct & Base Port Tables without effect. What tables am I missing here? I expected this to get me nice and fat right off the bat, but no luck

Click image for larger version  Name:	AFR Test.PNG Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	6748

I had no change in TAFR from 20% - 65% Load - I only see enrichment when I pin it..

Click image for larger version

Name:	AFR Test TS 2.PNG
Views:	122
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	6750

Click image for larger version  Name:	AFR Test Tech Stream.PNG Views:	0 Size:	223.1 KB ID:	6749

VFTuner Is the wonky AFR Load Correction Table having something to do with this? I would not think so, but....

Also - Any way to get Knock F/B in the VFTuner Logger?? Seems strange that's still not in there...

Thanks in advance,

John
    Last edited by Boltripper; 08-12-2021, 06:58 PM.

Originally posted by Boltripper View Post
    I'm trying to verify that I can command an immediate change in AFR -

I've manipulated the AFR Target Base Direct & Base Port Tables without effect. What tables am I missing here? I expected this to get me nice and fat right off the bat, but no luck

Click image for larger version Name:	AFR Test.PNG Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	6748

I had no change in TAFR from 20% - 65% Load - I only see enrichment when I pin it..

Click image for larger version  Name:	AFR Test TS 2.PNG Views:	3 Size:	213.4 KB ID:	6750

Click image for larger version Name:	AFR Test Tech Stream.PNG Views:	0 Size:	223.1 KB ID:	6749

VFTuner Is the wonky AFR Load Correction Table having something to do with this? I would not think so, but....

Also - Any way to get Knock F/B in the VFTuner Logger?? Seems strange that's still not in there...

Thanks in advance,

John

Those tables are only used during acceleration in non stoic state, and are effectively ignored otherwise.

With what you are trying to achieve you should use our EROM 1.1 files. We completely re-wrote the AFR logic to give people the ability to do exactly what you are trying to do, because the ECU will otherwise ignore you and do it's normal method of AFR calculation which is:
    stoic > check if accel enrichment > above thresholds (load,thx) no > Stoic > transient load? > check transient load AFR target > stoic > catalyst enrichement applied ? > yes / no > enrich.

when using EROM 1.1 files do NOT forget the cold drive torque patch. Just set the entire table to "4000" to make it effectively "stock"

ALSO, the stock O2 sensors cannot accurately provide the ECU any AFR richer than about 12.0 so if you target richer than that the ECU will just dump tons of fuel to try to get a AFR that it can't see.

when we have our new logger released it will have a ton of enhanced PIDs. It's being worked on.

Comment

VFTuner Thanks do much for that reply.. I'll do that~

Best,

John

Comment

VFTuner - Thanks for the AFR patch - Works great..

Question - You eluded to the ECU just dumping fuel if below 12.0.. Will the ECU go open loop if commanded for say 11.8?

With your above response I'm thinking no, but was hopeful it would just give us open loop to control fuel???

Thanks in advance,

John

Comment

Originally posted by Boltripper View Post
          VFTuner - Thanks for the AFR patch - Works great..

Question - You eluded to the ECU just dumping fuel if below 12.0.. Will the ECU go open loop if commanded for say 11.8?

With your above response I'm thinking no, but was hopeful it would just give us open loop to control fuel???

Thanks in advance,

John
          the ECU will go into open loop if you target richer afr (below 12) and above 3800 rpm.

lower RPM and any AFR target remains closed loop. Which is why it's important if you target rich AFR at that low, it will dump way way too much fuel.

For peak torque on this engine (natural aspirated, not with boost) you want AFR around 13.4 full throttle

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

the ECU will go into open loop if you target richer afr (below 12) and above 3800 rpm.

lower RPM and any AFR target remains closed loop. Which is why it's important if you target rich AFR at that low, it will dump way way too much fuel.

For peak torque on this engine (natural aspirated, not with boost) you want AFR around 13.4 full throttle

Thanks Sir - That's exactly what I needed.

Best,

John

Comment

Working...
            X