BAD Fuel MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD Fuel MPG

I have a 2020 TRDpro MT and am currently running the Super FOB Reg tune and can barley get over 15mpg. Is anyone else getting this mileage or is something going wrong with my tune. Truck is totally stock.

Thanks

What were you getting before the tune?

Did you happen to Reset the Learned Values? Clear DTC and Clear ECU?

MPG bumps are not guaranteed, but you should see better economy than that.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

• ArmyGreen
      ArmyGreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Getting 17+ before the tune. I have reset the LV and DCT before just calibrated the ECU not clear

ArmyGreen

I cannot insert pics into Comments, so:

Sorry. The Flash Tool button names have changed over time and are slightly inconsistent. But for me: ECM = ECU, TCM = TCU, etc. and Reset = Clear. Force and Recover never equal Flash though. Hahahaha!

I was talking about these guys for you MT:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-07-23 094925.png
Views:	252
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	6015

Interesting on the MPG change though. Most folks see no change and some see an increase. A drop is not unheard of though.

It may be worth trying a different tune, different fuels or octanes, a reflash of the same tune, or test a tank on Stock.

VFTuner might have some other suggestions.
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Okay Yeah I've done that before. I haven't ever force flashed, I thought that was only if your ECU was bricked is when you use that. Is there a difference in using the force over the calibrate?
      I think I'm gonna go to the regular tune and see what happens. I will update here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyGreen View Post
        Okay Yeah I've done that before. I haven't ever force flashed, I thought that was only if your ECU was bricked is when you use that. Is there a difference in using the force over the calibrate?
        I think I'm gonna go to the regular tune and see what happens. I will update here.
        I was just clarifying terms.

Yes. Force / Recovery is only for bricks.

When FOB first happened on 1.05, VFTuner felt that it was for the fat kid Tacos and that nearly stock Tacos would see MPG hits. Oddly, we all seemed to get our best MPGs on the fat kid tune. For sure though, try the Base tune and see what you find. And of course, please keep us updated when you get more info.

Comment

What are your driving habits like? What's your truck set up like with mods?

On SFOB Reg I was averaging 15-16 in my MT with roughly 500lbs of extra weight. It was an improvement over stock, was averaging 13-14 before getting tuned. FO maps have given me improved economy.

And then Coyoza brought me to an average of 15-17 depending on driving scenario/habits.

Comment

• ArmyGreen
            ArmyGreen commented
            Editing a comment
            Noting crazy on driving habits. In Florida so all the roads are flat and cruise around 50mph. Truck is Stock. all I have is a light bar and that's it.

Update. Moved back to NJ and have the Reg OL tune in and have been doing around 19MPG

Comment

Working...
          X