Tacoma AFR patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacoma AFR patch

VFTuner with the new release this morning I noticed there is an additional patch folder. Looking at the files for 04B04 the tables for EROM FI Patch 1.1 and the previous AFR patch are the same, but the AFR EROM values are vastly different. Does the new EROM FI Patch 1.1 just contain shell files to be edited to our liking, or are those the latest and greatest? It would appear the previous AFR patch values are much more usable.

Originally posted by Kevinpd325 View Post
    VFTuner with the new release this morning I noticed there is an additional patch folder. Looking at the files for 04B04 the tables for EROM FI Patch 1.1 and the previous AFR patch are the same, but the AFR EROM values are vastly different. Does the new EROM FI Patch 1.1 just contain shell files to be edited to our liking, or are those the latest and greatest? It would appear the previous AFR patch values are much more usable.
    They are just shell files that need tuned.

I'd recommend read the EROM 1.1 FI patch guide (under "help")

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

Damn, should have dug deeper through the additional resources. Thanks.

Comment

Read through the instructions under help. Looking for some clarification on the Cold Engine Torque Limiter map. If one wanted to eliminate the Limiter completely I assume you can set it to a maximum value across the board?

Comment

Looking over the EROM 1.1 FI file for 04B04. Can we get some clarification on the Manifold Delta table? I've noticed that some of the maps (15- 18) contain alphanumeric values. Is this an error, or is it supposed to be that way?

Also, of of 22 numbered maps, is there any idea which is being used by the ECU at any given time and under what conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevinpd325 View Post

Looking over the EROM 1.1 FI file for 04B04. Can we get some clarification on the Manifold Delta table? I've noticed that some of the maps (15- 18) contain alphanumeric values. Is this an error, or is it supposed to be that way?

Also, of of 22 numbered maps, is there any idea which is being used by the ECU at any given time and under what conditions?
            I'm looking at those right now too.. It looks like the software tried to represent a very small number by abbreviating it from .0000390625 to 3.90625E-4 or however that works, so yeah, I think that has the potential to cause issues, since I doubt the ECU will understand it that way.

I'm going to go through and fix them, so if it says 3.90625E, just change it to what it's trying to be, which would be .0000390625, and let it round it back. Okay... tried that, it just changes it right back to the 3.90625E format. I'm guessing that maybe since the correct value IS stored in the cell, it's just the visualization part of VFTuner that is making it look like a way higher number?
            VFTuner , can you weigh in here?

Comment

Working...
            X