Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTC Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DTC Question

    VFTuner I am running dump tubes and the codes for P0420 and P0430 are permanent / active. I went to the DTC tab in VF and un checked the two codes, P0420 and P0430. Saved tune, flashed onto truck. On test drive, CEL is back on and those 2 codes are still active and throwing the light...

    Do I need to go through and uncheck all the codes and check the ones I want to stay off? Or deselect the ones I want to stay off. Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_469.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	6.98 MB
ID:	5449

  • #2
    no you should only have to uncheck those two boxes.

    Let me see what could be the reason, 1 moment

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
      no you should only have to uncheck those two boxes.

      Let me see what could be the reason, 1 moment
      No rush. Thanks Mat!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by UploadAdventure View Post

        No rush. Thanks Mat!
        I will have this fixed for you in tomorrows 1.3.1 release

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

          I will have this fixed for you in tomorrows 1.3.1 release
          Downloaded 1.3.1 this morning. Readjusted tune with the codes deselected. Went for a drive. Codes came back
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DD4FF3DA-11A0-4295-B3AB-ADC070477723.png
Views:	156
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	5518

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by UploadAdventure View Post

            Downloaded 1.3.1 this morning. Readjusted tune with the codes deselected. Went for a drive. Codes came back
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DD4FF3DA-11A0-4295-B3AB-ADC070477723.png
Views:	156
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	5518
            when you loaded the file was it unchecked? if so try checking it then unchecking it again

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

              when you loaded the file was it unchecked? if so try checking it then unchecking it again
              Will do. I’ll test that in the AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

                when you loaded the file was it unchecked? if so try checking it then unchecking it again
                Still having the same issue. I even exported the file into a new one and changed the name. Check the codes, saved. Unchecked codes, saved, flashed. Light back on after a bit.

                Comment


                • Robaholic
                  Robaholic commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have this similar issue although I believe or thought it was due to the recalibrated ECU. I had to update mine to E3200 from E3000. The only code that stays on now is P0057 which used to be an O2 Code (One of my O2 Sensors is BURNED out), and now the code will come on sometimes with a different description. It use to say something about O2 Voltage Sensor is too high bank 2 something 2 and when looked up it mentioned the probable cause is a new O2 Sensor. With my exhaust setup that make sense but now it comes back as something totally different. Ironically, there is no P0057 Code in the DTC's tab. I disabled all O2 and Emissions codes (P0418) and I have only had them come back on once. If I have this issue with these codes again I will come back and update, although my recommendation or reason for comment is to suggest adding the DTC Delete option for P0057

                • UploadAdventure
                  UploadAdventure commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know it’s not the sensors because when I run a tune that’s been updated to when we had the dump tube maps available, and they’re zeroed out I do not get a check engine light. It’s only on tunes that are made after those 2 maps were removed that I get the light.

              • #9
                Originally posted by UploadAdventure View Post

                Still having the same issue. I even exported the file into a new one and changed the name. Check the codes, saved. Unchecked codes, saved, flashed. Light back on after a bit.
                can you send me the file (zendesk) that you are talking about where the issue does not return. (light stays off)

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

                  can you send me the file (zendesk) that you are talking about where the issue does not return. (light stays off)
                  I can. But any file that has the faults / 0420, 0430 byte set to zero does not cause the issue.

                  Files sent.
                  Last edited by UploadAdventure; 07-13-2021, 11:53 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by UploadAdventure View Post

                    I can. But any file that has the faults / 0420, 0430 byte set to zero does not cause the issue.

                    Files sent.
                    thank you.

                    issue has been found, and will be fixed in the next update

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

                      thank you.

                      issue has been found, and will be fixed in the next update
                      Nice! Thanks Mat

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Catted or catless?

                        Have you changed any of the valve timing to optimize for the dump tubes?

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          Originally posted by UploadAdventure View Post

                          Nice! Thanks Mat
                          Also want to apologize for that. We had everything working setup exact in the software as it should, it's just setting the off value wrong.

                          For sure will have this solved. My cal developer is working on it now.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by KanPanic View Post
                            Catted or catless?

                            Have you changed any of the valve timing to optimize for the dump tubes?
                            Catted tubes
                            I haven’t messed with the valve timing much. I work with some other guys and test a lot of tunes for guys making them.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X