What tune to try?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tune to try?

Hi, I have a 2016 crew cab OR that's pretty much stock other than OVTune on 04B04. I've not tried any new tunes since January and have not been following. I had a brain bleed end of March, just getting back to 100% or as near as I can so wanting to see what everyone is happy with now. I like stock to maybe a little above on the tip in and then the same as usual, power with fantastic mpg's with these gas prices, lol. I swear it went up almost a dollar since I went into the hospital. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Dakotaco View Post
    Hi, I have a 2016 crew cab OR that's pretty much stock other than OVTune on 04B04. I've not tried any new tunes since January and have not been following. I had a brain bleed end of March, just getting back to 100% or as near as I can so wanting to see what everyone is happy with now. I like stock to maybe a little above on the tip in and then the same as usual, power with fantastic mpg's with these gas prices, lol. I swear it went up almost a dollar since I went into the hospital. Thanks in advance
    Sorry to hear about the medical problems.

It is going to sound odd, but just try some 91+ fuel. The 2.0 Tunes are Octane Learning and get a good boost with high octane. On my Taco, the MPG bump covers the cost difference ($0.30/gal hear in WA).

Otherwise, the 2.0 Ultimate tunes are on their way. They will definitely change up the fun.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply tonered . I've tried some from members on the forum, but Mat's for my truck always seem more predictable. I will load your recommendation tomorrow I've had a full tank since March, can't remember what it is octane wise, maybe I'll add some octane boost just to be safe

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply tonered . I've tried some from members on the forum, but Mat's for my truck always seem more predictable. I will load your recommendation tomorrow I've had a full tank since March, can't remember what it is octane wise, maybe I'll add some octane boost just to be safe
        You're welcome.

No need for octane booster. All that I was suggesting is to try some 91+ the next time that you fill up. No other changes, yet.
        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Personally I recommend the Valley Runner tune. It's a great combination of power, MPG, and daily driveability.

More info here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...thread.713747/

Comment

Originally posted by c41n View Post

Personally I recommend the Valley Runner tune. It's a great combination of power, MPG, and daily driveability.

More info here: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...thread.713747/
            I'm testing this right now for o4b41 and I'm pretty impressed with the consistency so far and the throttle is definitely not as aggressive as the others out there.

Comment

Thanks for the input 92ehatch

Comment

This may be a dumb question, but I am having trouble finding the answer. I just got my tune pack. What is the difference with the "Thx" tune?

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkWGriswold View Post
                  This may be a dumb question, but I am having trouble finding the answer. I just got my tune pack. What is the difference with the "Thx" tune?
                  Scroll down a bit here:
                  https://vftuner.com/blogs/news/tacom...l-auto-release

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post
                    Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkWGriswold View Post

Thank you!
                      You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
                      X