No announcement yet.

Status of 04C21 stock and 2.0 files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I would attach the file here too.
    I just figured it would be easy to access/download here.
    TCU Read 04c21.zip

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
      We still need 04C21 TCU,

04B82 no eta on support since the ECU version just released 5 days ago.
      But the sooner we get it the sooner we can start.
      I can get it for you, I've got 4 people waiting with 04C21 trucks and I'm sure I can text them all and meet up with one of them tonight. Stand by and #stayTUNED buddy!

Comment

Oh dang, didn't see that PaPaRee already sent it! (was on page 2 when I replied). VFTuner Would having another read of it help, or would that be redundant??

Comment

Support will be released at a later date.

04C20 and other 2021 ECUs are in the 2021 folder now and will be with 1.3.0
          Turns out that the ECU update tool updates to the most current Toyota release. I just did a 04B80 and was hoping to get 81 but ended up with 04B82. Unsupported. When is that going to get released?

Comment

Thought this was the right spot instead of asking on a new thread.

I have a 2021 with the 04C20 ECU. I saw that 1.3 was released (yay) and it included 04C21 in it's stock files. I'm coming up on a maint so always a chance that the steelership will update me on their own. So was thinking about being proactive but had a couple of questions:

- Is there an 2.0 Tune pack for the 04C21 yet? (I know it's new and the focus has been on 1.3.0)
            - Does it make sense to update the ECU from 04C20 to 04C21 and apply the OVTune to the 04C21 (if it's available)....
            - Or should I hold off, and wait for the Ultimate Tune once released and take my chances with the steelership.

Open to advice. I tinker with my own truck here only (and not a tuner for others)...

Comment

Originally posted by n3cr0shark View Post
              Thought this was the right spot instead of asking on a new thread.

I have a 2021 with the 04C20 ECU. I saw that 1.3 was released (yay) and it included 04C21 in it's stock files. I'm coming up on a maint so always a chance that the steelership will update me on their own. So was thinking about being proactive but had a couple of questions:

- Is there an 2.0 Tune pack for the 04C21 yet? (I know it's new and the focus has been on 1.3.0)
              - Does it make sense to update the ECU from 04C20 to 04C21 and apply the OVTune to the 04C21 (if it's available)....
              - Or should I hold off, and wait for the Ultimate Tune once released and take my chances with the steelership.

Open to advice. I tinker with my own truck here only (and not a tuner for others)...
              There are no 04C21 vF Tunes yet. They will be released with the Ultimate Tunes.

It is always best to update the ECU ID as it makes a better base for the tunes.
              2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
              TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
              Latest vF Version Download

Comment

• n3cr0shark
                n3cr0shark commented
                Editing a comment
                Understood about providing the tune a better base and will definitely update when I have a tune for it. But I don't want to update when the tune isn't out yet.

My current ECU/Tune is doing pretty good (thank you to VFTuner and all who helped put it together).

• tonered
                tonered commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh yeah. Definitely wait on news about the release.

Although, it do find that spending a bit of time on the Stock tune, esp a TSB update, adds a lot of perspective to how much the tunes actually change things. When 04B14 happened, I spent two tanks on Stock. It was about all that I could handle though. Hahaha!

Originally posted by tonered View Post

There are no 04C21 vF Tunes yet. They will be released with the Ultimate Tunes.

It is always best to update the ECU ID as it makes a better base for the tunes.
              04C20 and 04C21 stock files seem to be missing all the EROM maps that may help normal CC. Also seeing a huge difference in EROM features across all ECU’s in 1.3.0. Nice to have 04C21 support, but can’t build an equivalent tune when it’s missing maps other ECU’s have.

VFTuner assuming you’re working to get all ECU’s populated with similar EROM maps as 04B04? Any idea on timing?
              Last edited by BortisYeltzen; 07-01-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BortisYeltzen

Message relayed. We’re on your side, we love your software and want to help you make it better if we can. We just joke around a lot with each other.
                I have moved this to PMs

also to include your original question
                some 2020/21 Tacoma ECUs have some shift tables that are currently not in the software. They will be very very soon.

04B82 will release at the same time along with 04C10 (as long as we get the file in time).

Comment

I have moved this to PMs

also to include your original question
                  some 2020/21 Tacoma ECUs have some shift tables that are currently not in the software. They will be very very soon.

04B82 will release at the same time along with 04C10 (as long as we get the file in time).
                  Thanks for the update. Will be nice to have consistent EROM’s where possible across all ECU’s.

Comment

Working...
                  X