Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of 04C21 stock and 2.0 files?

VFTuner
    Just checking on the status of support for 04C21 ECU. It appears the factory shifted over sometime in April 2021 and we are running into it more often. Those poor souls need some tunes.

Anyone seen or heard of a complementary 04C31 for the 2021 MT?

Thanks,
    B

Originally posted by BortisYeltzen View Post
    VFTuner
    Just checking on the status of support for 04C21 ECU. It appears the factory shifted over sometime in April 2021 and we are running into it more often. Those poor souls need some tunes.

Anyone seen or heard of a complementary 04C31 for the 2021 MT?

Thanks,
    B
    Given what was noted for the 04A72 and 04B42 Tune Packs, I would expect that any new Tune Pack for new ECU IDs will release on or after the Ultimate tunes.

Nothing has been said about 04C31. If will be posted as soon as it is known.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

• tonered
      tonered commented
      Editing a comment
      It might already be there:
      https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...#post-25751604

I have the May 21st version, but there might be one more.

• BortisYeltzen
      BortisYeltzen commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, vF site still showing 5/21 as latest software. Just redownloaded and installed and no 04C21 stock file.

Fun fact: the 04C20 file is in the 2020 folder if you need it.

• tonered
      tonered commented
      Editing a comment
      It is known where the 04C20 Stock file is. Correcting that has been requested.

Support will be released at a later date.

04C20 and other 2021 ECUs are in the 2021 folder now and will be with 1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
      Support will be released at a later date.

04C20 and other 2021 ECUs are in the 2021 folder now and will be with 1.3.0
      Thanks for the update.

Comment

Hello…

Is “this week” here yet or is it “this week”?

——
        Mathew Wilson (OVTune)

May 25, 2021, 14:18 EDT

if we can wrap up the code for our formula conversions necessary then if all goes well we should be done this week

-
        VF TUNER - Lead Developer/ECU Assembly Development/Toyota Calibration Lead
        www.vftuner.com
        CUSTOMER SUPPORT / BUSINESS HOURS
        9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST ( MON - FRI )
        Office closed on weekend/holidays
        Please allow 1-3 business days for response to all inquiries.

Comment

Originally posted by TRD_Quoc View Post
          Hello…

Is “this week” here yet or is it “this week”?

——
          Mathew Wilson (OVTune)

May 25, 2021, 14:18 EDT

if we can wrap up the code for our formula conversions necessary then if all goes well we should be done this week

-
          VF TUNER - Lead Developer/ECU Assembly Development/Toyota Calibration Lead
          www.vftuner.com
          CUSTOMER SUPPORT / BUSINESS HOURS
          9:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST ( MON - FRI )
          Office closed on weekend/holidays
          Please allow 1-3 business days for response to all inquiries.

We will release it when it's ready, right now we are wrapping up some things for 1.3.0.

Read my message. **if we can wrap up the code for our formula conversions then if all goes well**

we are not done yet.

Comment

Wasn’t mad, just a question.

Rooting for you to wrap it up so I can blow my credits.

Comment

Looking forward to having this come out. Just picked up a 2021 and been hearing all this good stuff about the new KD tune

Comment

Originally posted by lamsgobahhh View Post
                Looking forward to having this come out. Just picked up a 2021 and been hearing all this good stuff about the new KD tune
                04C21 support will be released with 1.3.0.

We are working on it every day but there is no ETA at the moment.

Comment

You guys rock, keep up the good work!

just bought a new 2021 made in 05/21, eager to buy an OV Tune in AZ as soon as it becomes available

Comment

Originally posted by Unsunghero View Post
                    You guys rock, keep up the good work!

just bought a new 2021 made in 05/21, eager to buy an OV Tune in AZ as soon as it becomes available
                    You can still purchase a kit and get started. Since there is some wait time and setup time, it's a great idea to be ready before hand. The ECU is already done, everything related to it done, we are just finishing up to post this big update.

Waiting until after the release can guarantee you extra wait time. Every time we have a big software update we have big surges in sales and big time shipping delays.

Comment

You can still purchase a kit and get started. Since there is some wait time and setup time, it's a great idea to be ready before hand. The ECU is already done, everything related to it done, we are just finishing up to post this big update.

Waiting until after the release can guarantee you extra wait time. Every time we have a big software update we have big surges in sales and big time shipping delays.
                      unfortunately, I know nothing about modding trucks (and have never owned a laptop)

i am relying on (see: paying) someone else to do the Tune for me to ensure I don’t mess anything up

In light of this, what would the recommendation be?

ty for any advice!

Comment

unfortunately, I know nothing about modding trucks (and have never owned a laptop)

i am relying on (see: paying) someone else to do the Tune for me to ensure I don’t mess anything up

In light of this, what would the recommendation be?

ty for any advice!

We always recommend people at least purchase the VF Tuner key (software and cable). That way they have the ability to flash files / go back to stock if ever necessary. If someone only buys a tune and that's it, they are relying solely on that person for all future assistance.

It supports us, supports local tuners, and makes it way easier for folks when they need to flash something but don't have any way to do so.

Comment

We always recommend people at least purchase the VF Tuner key (software and cable). That way they have the ability to flash files / go back to stock if ever necessary. If someone only buys a tune and that's it, they are relying solely on that person for all future assistance.

It supports us, supports local tuners, and makes it way easier for folks when they need to flash something but don't have any way to do so.
                          How would I go about purchasing it? Thanks for any assistance

Comment

How would I go about purchasing it? Thanks for any assistance
                            https://vftuner.com/products/vforest...re-flash-cable

Comment

Working...
                            X