Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fxrman View Post
    Any updates for the ultimate tune..?
    At this point I worry there will never be a "final" or "ultimate" tune release. It will just be one more announcement of a change that's not in our favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunsetsearider View Post

At this point I worry there will never be a "final" or "ultimate" tune release. It will just be one more announcement of a change that's not in our favor.

As I have posted before, one of my biggest hopes here is that VFTuner will start opening up more about release dates like he used to before the goon crew on TW wrecked that. I believe everyone did well with the small delay on Version 1.4.0.

I am anxious for the Ultimate release also and hope that VFTuner will get us more info on timing if we can stay frosty about it.

As a note, this is the current, announced timeline:

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

For Tacoma not fully yet. It will be with TCU support / tuning release. We are definitely working hard on getting it done.
      at the moment we are doing a full in house clean up of our zendesk, prepping 1.4.1 (not a major update, just a few updated tables / new ecus, etc).

Then we release
      - expanded tuning guides
      - TCU support release (tacoma,IS200, Camry, etc)
      - Updated enhanced logger
      - new patch features (several cars)

We have a pretty solid foundation of what we support so "new vehicle" support is unlikely for the rest of the year. (except 2022 Tundra. We are doing day 1 support on that)
      2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
      Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Hey general question.
        so I updated to 04A72 from 04A70 to try and fix the surging issue at 2k in the manual Tacoma. No beans, but now I d6have OV Tune untill the 04A72 and beyond are released. Not trying to pry for a quick update, because that is my problem now. However is there any way I can get back to 04A70? If I'm gonna have a surge either way I'd rather have the OV Tune and enjoy the other 99% of the truck.

thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Fox McCIoud View Post
          Hey general question.
          so I updated to 04A72 from 04A70 to try and fix the surging issue at 2k in the manual Tacoma. No beans, but now I d6have OV Tune untill the 04A72 and beyond are released. Not trying to pry for a quick update, because that is my problem now. However is there any way I can get back to 04A70? If I'm gonna have a surge either way I'd rather have the OV Tune and enjoy the other 99% of the truck.

There is no way to go back at the moment unless you get a salvaged ECU. Once the vF Upgrader / Downgrader goes live, that will change.
          TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

• Mr Fox McCIoud
            Mr Fox McCIoud commented
            Editing a comment
            10/4, guess I'll just have to drive normal for a while. Lol who knows might even save some tire tread while I'm at it. Thanks for the reply.

• tonered
            tonered commented
            Editing a comment
            The extra clutch slip needed on Stock always made me cringe. I feel for you!

Hey general question.

Same.

I'm on 04B42

Comment

VFTuner , Would you give us an update on how the testing is going for the ultimate tune packs ?

Comment

I've stuck with 04B81 due to the lack of tune pack availability for 82 / 83, but I'd really like to get 04B83 installed to correct the crawl control issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Quacktacular View Post
                I've stuck with 04B81 due to the lack of tune pack availability for 82 / 83, but I'd really like to get 04B83 installed to correct the crawl control issues.
                AFAIK, there is no 04B83. 04B82 is the CC fix.

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

AFAIK, there is no 04B83. 04B82 is the CC fix.
                  Ah, correct. I am at 04B80, not 81.

Comment

Originally posted by Quacktacular View Post

Ah, correct. I am at 04B80, not 81.
                    Cheers!

There is current Tune Pack support for 04B81. Like you noted though, that is not the CC fix, but it is a pretty big improvement on the drivability side.

I am anxious myself to here more about the Ultimate update though.

Comment

Aside from waiting on Toyota to maybe fix it, maybe not. Does anyone know what is causing this?
                      I bought a new Flywheel, Pressure plate and clutch to throw in my truck and I'm only at 45K. I haven't driven a manual in about 10 years since this truck and figured it was me being an ass with it. But the more I read this is an MT and an AT issue. I'm assuming OV Tune is aware of this and trying their asses off to try and tune it out smooth. I've done the accumulator delete, changed the driveline fluids, including the overpriced transfer case, at 22K and now again at 45K. Oil at 5K, AFE 3" High flow exhaust system FULL (huge pain btw). And not that these really do anything, but more so I got drunk and made some "Power purchases" for the truck, including RIPP coil packs and a GT Momentum C.A.I. Not that the stock intake setup wasn't a C.A.I already. I've cleaned the Mass sensor to hell and back, cleaned filter. Haven't cleaned the throttle body yet. Oil catch can, different rims, more weight, but same diameter and 91-93 Octane depending on where I can find it. I recently moved from PA to Colorado. I started to notice it about my third week here, at around 8,000 Ft. But I re flashed the OV Tune to re learn the altitude to try and fix it. I also go to "town", about 40 miles a few times a week that changes from 7,849 Ft to 5,003 Ft. Not sure if that's doing it, but a modern engine should keep up with that. Oh and obviously the 04A70 to 04A72 Update through Techstream. Sorry if this is a novel and a half, but I am really curious now if anyone has this down to the root cause at least. If anything maybe someone reading this can confirm they also have an issue and know they are not crazy lol.

Comment

Aside from waiting on Toyota to maybe fix it, maybe not. Does anyone know what is causing this?
                        I bought a new Flywheel, Pressure plate and clutch to throw in my truck and I'm only at 45K. I haven't driven a manual in about 10 years since this truck and figured it was me being an ass with it. But the more I read this is an MT and an AT issue. I'm assuming OV Tune is aware of this and trying their asses off to try and tune it out smooth. I've done the accumulator delete, changed the driveline fluids, including the overpriced transfer case, at 22K and now again at 45K. Oil at 5K, AFE 3" High flow exhaust system FULL (huge pain btw). And not that these really do anything, but more so I got drunk and made some "Power purchases" for the truck, including RIPP coil packs and a GT Momentum C.A.I. Not that the stock intake setup wasn't a C.A.I already. I've cleaned the Mass sensor to hell and back, cleaned filter. Haven't cleaned the throttle body yet. Oil catch can, different rims, more weight, but same diameter and 91-93 Octane depending on where I can find it. I recently moved from PA to Colorado. I started to notice it about my third week here, at around 8,000 Ft. But I re flashed the OV Tune to re learn the altitude to try and fix it. I also go to "town", about 40 miles a few times a week that changes from 7,849 Ft to 5,003 Ft. Not sure if that's doing it, but a modern engine should keep up with that. Oh and obviously the 04A70 to 04A72 Update through Techstream. Sorry if this is a novel and a half, but I am really curious now if anyone has this down to the root cause at least. If anything maybe someone reading this can confirm they also have an issue and know they are not crazy lol.
                        Be careful with the coil packs and CAI. VFTuner said that there is pretty much no advantage over the Toyota CPs other than one other OE version. VW VR6, R32, or something like that? And, if the CAI moves the MAF closer to the TB, it can screw up the tune due to the interaction. Run wayy rich.

That little bump at 2k. Sort of getting going in 1st at a normal pace and you get a little surge that folks next might think you are trying to race them?

If so, most of us found that happens after a long period of settling, like well after 500mi. In posts with VFTuner , he noted that it was likely something very deep in the code that would take a very concerted effort to fix.

Prior to that, trying to fix it, we developed some tune edits posted on TW in the Perf and Tuning section. It didn't eliminate it, but lessened it.

What I can say is that after about 11,000mi on the 04B14 Ultimate test tune, that surge is no longer present. The acceleration is smooth from idle to redline and seems spooky fast.

Yes, you are correct that the ECU adapts to altitude as well as other weather conditions.

Comment

• Mr Fox McCIoud
                          Mr Fox McCIoud commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hmmmmm......
                          Might be going back to stock equipment for a while then. I didn't move the sensor too much. About an inch closer. But I also didn't have the issue before. Guess it's just odd timing. Good to hear the ultimate works good so far in beta. Will be excited to get my hands on it. If there is an open test spot for a MT in elevation I'm game haha. Thanks though for the input. For the time being I guess I'll just mess about with some stuff here and there while I'm stuck on stock OS for a bit.

• tonered
                          tonered commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You're welcome!

You could toss a Zendesk request to VFTuner with that offer? I know that he wants to smash his earlier achievements with Ultimate.

Still patiently waiting for the ultimate tune for 04B04 😀

Comment

Hi Mat,
                          can you give any updates on this..?
                          really prefer a tune you created instead of getting an any user created tune...
                          im sure they are pretty good from the reviews they get but hopefully your ultimate testing is almost completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fxrman View Post
                            Hi Mat,
                            can you give any updates on this..?
                            really prefer a tune you created instead of getting an any user created tune...
                            im sure they are pretty good from the reviews they get but hopefully your ultimate testing is almost completed.

I 2nd that notion !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X