Dont for get about me still have supercharger..miles btw
    Still bro? Dang man 😒

Comment

• VFTuner
      VFTuner
      Administrator
      VFTuner commented
      Editing a comment
      we did not make the SC kit so getting some of the replacement pieces has been very challenging

Originally posted by Jnieva007 View Post

Still bro? Dang man 😒
    yea im no rush if im not getting help wit it im not going pull fwd dont want truck seating around

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

Will do.

As previously posted, I will be opening / merging tickets for everyone so that we can get this finished / status / tune status. I'd like to be fully done by July
      When you say completely done, does this apply to folks waiting on their kit too?

Comment

Originally posted by speedwaytacotuesday View Post

When you say completely done, does this apply to folks waiting on their kit too?
        Yes. The goal is to get all tunes finished up, kits out, done.

Comment

Yes. The goal is to get all tunes finished up, kits out, done.
          Music to my ears

Comment

GREAT! Getting Boost!! Can't wait.
            Alan, 2020 Access Cab Quicksand 04B81 AT
            (PinChaser on TacomaWorld)

Comment

VFTuner
              Administrator
              VFTuner, do you still plan on a 14psi dyno pull? What kind of numbers are you expecting? Btw, if you are still wanting that modified Fuel rail let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Rj_taco View Post
                VFTuner
                Administrator
                VFTuner, do you still plan on a 14psi dyno pull? What kind of numbers are you expecting? Btw, if you are still wanting that modified Fuel rail let me know.
                I did do a 14 and 18psi pull on my dyno. However the stock D.I. rail was unable to maintain pressure in higher RPM. It was OK until about 3500 RPM and pressure started spiking and dropping, unable to maintain steady 3000psi.

Comment

I did do a 14 and 18psi pull on my dyno. However the stock D.I. rail was unable to maintain pressure in higher RPM. It was OK until about 3500 RPM and pressure started spiking and dropping, unable to maintain steady 3000psi.
                  I’m curious if the modified DI fuel rail would help with that at all, if it does I could modify a few more. Need to test fit first once I get my kit and do a few datalogs or send you one.

Comment

Any updates? I have a road trip scheduled in a couple weeks and I would really like to take my truck. I am definitely not going to take it if i can't use cruise control though.

Comment

Really missing the chatter and updates, that were so common on TW.

Needing a fix of excitement and possibility. tooo quiet.
                      Alan, 2020 Access Cab Quicksand 04B81 AT
                      (PinChaser on TacomaWorld)

Comment

Me personally I’m just tired of looking for an update that rarely comes. I fully understand the pandemic caused push backs and this being the first order other set backsl coming but over a year wait should be more than enough time to have each kit set up ready to go with a note on each one of what they are waiting for and giving that person an update as to what is holding up their order. Again I know the multiple variations of what was ordered was tricky but there were 22 or so kits. I’ve stayed pretty quiet and will go back to doing so. A little more communication with the people that have money invested in this would be much appreciated though. I know you are getting tickets together to address each kit. Seems like a lot longer wait on this than it needs to be too. Thank you for all the r and d you have put into this just talk to us a little. Ok. See you at end of July.

Comment

Originally posted by KnckleChldrn View Post
                          Me personally I’m just tired of looking for an update that rarely comes. I fully understand the pandemic caused push backs and this being the first order other set backsl coming but over a year wait should be more than enough time to have each kit set up ready to go with a note on each one of what they are waiting for and giving that person an update as to what is holding up their order. Again I know the multiple variations of what was ordered was tricky but there were 22 or so kits. I’ve stayed pretty quiet and will go back to doing so. A little more communication with the people that have money invested in this would be much appreciated though. I know you are getting tickets together to address each kit. Seems like a lot longer wait on this than it needs to be too. Thank you for all the r and d you have put into this just talk to us a little. Ok. See you at end of July.
                          Don't really know what we're waiting on, since the tune update for those of us with kits already was reported as done/complete, and then later on it was still being tested. So who knows I guess.

Personally, I think it's a result of too many "priorities", too many things on the "to-do list" sharing the #1 spot. VFTuner update to 1.3, sure, fine, I get it. More tuning support for other vehicles and whatnot. But then you've also got the tune pack update with "ultimate tunes", bringing tunes that weren't originally going to exist because the current 2.0 was supposed to be just the final tune pack offering/option. The gearlock and map switching features, tch, they could have waited, they'd waited long enough as it is, or just make them an unlockable feature in the software (which is the plan) and call it good. The "ultimate tune" is what really throws the big wrench into all of this I think, considering it's effectively unnecessary or not a priority as we would see it (even if we were n/a), and was repeatedly implied as never going to exist since the 2.0 tunes were it.

​​​​​And then there's the tune packs for all those other vehicles getting support with vF 1.3.0 lol oof. Smh.

Unfortunately I can really only assume that it'll be quite some time before we see more progress over here with the turbos. Personally I've just sort of resorted to forgetting about it, so that time passes without thinking about it and when there's an actual update or a new tune in my email, or whatever else, even the other guys getting updates and support or their kits, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Not to mention all of this breeds a lack of confidence that there will be dependable support available down the road, or even concerns about if the project will be abandoned.

After all, I can only tell people so many times that my truck is running well. I'm just one guy and there's plenty of others who aren't in the same boat, and all you hear as a result when people talk about this kit and what they've seen/read about it is their conclusion that it's not proven, it's not dependable, unknown level of support if issues were to arise, has unknown issues behind the scenes... doesn't exactly inspire confidence from the people in the bleachers looking in and watching the show, trying to decide between these turbos or the Magnuson supercharger with a lame tune. Lol

Comment

VFTuner
                            Administrator
                            VFTuner

Can you confirm for me the size of the intercooler piping that came with the kit, hotside? I think it's 2.5", but am not certain. My pipe that comes off of the Y-coupler, driver side, moving in the direction of the driver side fender popped off again yesterday and I need to replace it with something else to prevent this, unless I can get a replacement pipe from you.

Same spot as months ago. Hairsprayed it again, but it'll no doubt come loose again eventually and I'm interested in a more permanent fix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210626_122258641.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	4822 ​​​

Comment

An update on the status of things are planned for the end of this month.

Ultimate tunes aren't even taking any of the priority. Not only that the tunes aren't even coming with 1.3.0, only the patched files for people to make on their own.

I have refrained from posting much because all it really does is cause un-necessary bickering or confusion.

The huge hurdle was fixing cold start, cold driving. As I said that patch is now complete, and the work is patching it into all of the other ECU versions.

Other stuff like support for other cars, as I have said probably 500 times now? It's not me personally who works on that.

Second thing, currently almost everyone with running kits has customized versions with their own unique issues.

Finally, one major thing halting progress is related to the fuel pump controllers, which I'll post about later.
                              but basically pcb and part suppliers have been lying about inventory and component quality. We got an entire batch of 20x completely dead on arrival because they have been using recycled STM32 microchips, etc.
                              so we have a new board version being done with brand new chip that can't be recycled old stock desoldered from some old component.

Yeah I get it. It's been a year. Updates are wanted. People think nothing has been being worked on. Couldn't be further from the truth.

but some folks want refunds / to cancel on shipped kits so we are exploring that too.

TDLR:
                              Huge issue with PCB /part supply and vendors lying (fuel pump controllers)

​​​​

Cold start patching into new Ecu versions

​​​​​​that's the main bits.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X