Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd gen Tacoma 3.5L OVTune Twin Turbo Development and Support

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

    I am working on and testing everything that I possibly can from my end. Unclding making the FPCs.

    99% of the delay in the Fuel Pump controllers was totally out of my control, lack of microchips. There was not anything I could possibly have done.


    I don't know what to tell you about your tuning issues, other than the FPC. I test EVERYTHING on my truck and do not have half the problems some of you guys have with these mis fires.

    It is not so underlying issues with programming and tuning as much as it is so much variances between each kit. Every person who had a "DIY intercooler" setup is like tuning them from "0". I don't know if that makes sense but that is what I have ran into time and time again.


    I think that if Paul actually had experience with the ECU and had experience with trying to get PCB's made, he would understand the challenges and delays. Very easy to get an outsiders opinion when they don't have any idea what actually goes into it.

    Some of the delays are absolutely my fault, but to say the entirely of 8 months was is just ignoring every single update I have been providing about the status of things.

    That doesn't even take into account an entire batch of fuel pump controllers were dead on arrival setting us back another 2 months because China was using RECYCLED STM chips that were dead.


    What I am doing right now is trying to get everything wrapped up so that these kits get out, these FPCs are done, and the entire "TT" batch is done before end of this year.


    your FPC will be provided to you as soon as humanly possible. Which will be VERY SOON I promise.


    heck if someone with electrical experience wants to get paid to assist please contact me! The hardest part of this is doing all of this by myself.
    I acknowledge the challenges of the OEM FPC and tuning side of things which have led to delays. I'm not a tuner but I would agree that tuning TT kits with variable set ups has made it even more challenging.

    Paul's shop did a solid job with installation and fabrication so they are confident that the misfires are not related to the kit's hardware but are willing to trouble shoot to get the truck running right.

    Since the fuel pump and FPC were the only issues during installation (two new fuel pumps were ruined during start-up), Paul feels the FPC is likely related to the misfire issue but admits that he is not familiar with Toyotas fueling programing nor tuning. I've been delaying dyno tuning with Paul for 8 months so its been frustrating bc I have a local shop that has professional experience with forced induction fabrication and tuning

    Just want to find a solution to my truck's tuning issues and hopeful that the new FPC will help solve it.

    Comment


    • We have someone now to assist us in getting all FPCs built which should significantly speed things up.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
        We have someone now to assist us in getting all FPCs built which should significantly speed things up.
        So....any chance those two shipments are going out anytime soon? You said on the 5th that they were pretty much ready to go except for the intercoolers.

        Comment


        • 6594, RJ_Taco

          If it helps, my FPC can be shipped in parts. I can assemble it myself. I could even assemble the PCB if needed, have tools to do it.

          What was decided about ECT? What does it do?

          Comment


          • 2x shipment invoices sent out please fill them out. thank you.


            ECT still functions like it should (mod throttle / shift points / etc).

            Comment


            • Ayeee got mine sent in. Cant wait get superchager going

              Comment


              • Originally posted by 808Army View Post
                Ayeee got mine sent in. Cant wait get superchager going
                We might be installing around same time šŸ˜‚. Must be a hawaii thing

                Comment


                • After many, many delays. Thins are coming together, and finally the rest of our fuel pump controller boards are in processing.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
                    15psi is much, much better. And my test truck is setup with a heavy bumper, 35's, lift, etc to really test.




                    2 more kits shipping early next week:
                    6588
                    6591
                    Have these made it out for delivery yet? Any others scheduled to go out?

                    Comment


                    • PowerMax TT Kit, minus fuel upgrades for sell...Please msg me if interested

                      Comment


                      • An update on the issue with some trucks having misfires will be posted today.

                        I have a 2018 truck here with our turbo kit on it for me to do some analysis and tune testing and have determined the cause of it.

                        Comment


                        • Against my better judgement Iā€™m going to ask what it is

                          Comment


                          • VFTuner
                            VFTuner
                            Administrator
                            VFTuner commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I will have a detailed post explaining it, but basically after several sessions logging it is determined to be coming from fueling in relation to intelligent - accelerator angle logic.

                            What that means is in some situations the ECU is over-fueling because the ECU can calculate the accelerator to be "100%" even when it isn't. This seems to happen if there is a sudden big change in accelerator movement, say going from 10% to 60% very quickly. Doing so makes the ECU set accelerator straight to 100% even if it is at 60 and the ECU fuels for 100%

                        • Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
                          I will have a detailed post explaining it, but basically after several sessions logging it is determined to be coming from fueling in relation to intelligent - accelerator angle logic.

                          What that means is in some situations the ECU is over-fueling because the ECU can calculate the accelerator to be "100%" even when it isn't. This seems to happen if there is a sudden big change in accelerator movement, say going from 10% to 60% very quickly. Doing so makes the ECU set accelerator straight to 100% even if it is at 60 and the ECU fuels for 100%
                          Would this problem also apply to non-boosted trucks? I always had problems with quick accelerator movements prior to switching to premium fuel. If there is a patch for this eventually I would love to go back to regular fuel.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dunlap837 View Post

                            Would this problem also apply to non-boosted trucks? I always had problems with quick accelerator movements prior to switching to premium fuel. If there is a patch for this eventually I would love to go back to regular fuel.
                            it exists on every truck because it's part of the code. So most likely, although the misfiring problem is much worse on some TT trucks.

                            What is odd is that it doesn't seem to be as much (or if at all) of an issue on pre 2018 trucks, and it may have to do with radar and throttle control combination.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KnckleChldrn View Post
                              Have these made it out for delivery yet? Any others scheduled to go out?
                              Nothing received yet, not even notification of shipment.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X