3rd gen Tacoma 3.5L OVTune Twin Turbo Development and Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Mat,

Still waiting on the new FPC you said was being shipped almost a month ago.

You emailed me a couple weeks ago asking to fill out your invoice which was emailed back (Order #9971).

Is there a ETA on the FPC?

I have a local tune shop (the same one that installed my kit) that has a dyno. They are willing to attempt to get my truck tuned but I'm waiting on the new FPC since I'm still running your prototype FPC since March.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JR Gymie View Post
      Hi Mat,

You emailed me a couple weeks ago asking to fill out your invoice which was emailed back (Order #9971).

I have a local tune shop (the same one that installed my kit) that has a dyno. They are willing to attempt to get my truck tuned but I'm waiting on the new FPC since I'm still running your prototype FPC since March.

Jeff
      Please check your email and respond to the question I sent about the 2 wire setup. It's the last bit of information I need. Please respond to the email, not here.

Comment

• and I am reviewing everything this morning and will have an updated list of info, FPCs, etc.

Edit* ok so I have reviewed everything.

here is the updated, correct list.
        8 Kits to ship and 9 FPCs to ship. I missed one because it wasn't an original guy it was transferred to someone.

they are listed in order of next to be shipped.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnckleChldrn View Post

ya I don’t see my post anymore either looking quickly but you are correct on post 235. I am waiting and you have correct info down
          If your order is 6585 this order was cancelled shortly after purchase back in 2020. We are not shipping a kit for that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by JR Gymie View Post
            Hi Mat,

Jeff
            Nice, where at?

Comment

• Matt's List with UN:

they are listed in order of next to be shipped.
              6588, BlkdOut
              6591, JamesT
              6593, Jason J
              6594, RJ_Taco
              6595, ACKattack911
              6608, NakedFarmer
              6617, TurboChaser, Assigned #27876 (7/7/21, Matt)
              6649, KnckleChdrn

Appears that all are PowerMax, with FP and Injector upgrades (confirmed by all but 2), and of those that provided an ECU#, none were the same. Only other differences appear to be exhaust.

Matt, Thank you for taking the time. The confirmation is appreciated (though you could have put me higher on the shipping list ☹ )
              Last edited by TurboChaser; 10-13-2021, 12:38 AM.
              Alan, 2020 Access Cab Quicksand 04B81 AT
              (PinChaser on TacomaWorld)

Comment

• Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

If your order is 6585 this order was cancelled shortly after purchase back in 2020. We are not shipping a kit for that order.
                Ok so I dug further in my emails. Would’ve thought based on the info I provided about having purchased kit from that member with that order # you’d see or make reference to my correct order #. I just assumed 6585 was transferred to me. That’s the number I saw in our chat but indeed I am 6649. Screen name Kncklechldrn both here and TW real name Jamie Brousseau email using my name. Don’t want any confusion to occur on who I am.

Comment

• TurboChaser
                  TurboChaser commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was concerned for you, very happy this worked out. Both for you and for Matt!

• Originally posted by KnckleChldrn View Post
                Ok so I dug further in my emails. Would’ve thought based on the info I provided about having purchased kit from that member with that order # you’d see or make reference to my correct order #. I just assumed 6585 was transferred to me. That’s the number I saw in our chat but indeed I am 6649. Screen name Kncklechldrn both here and TW real name Jamie Brousseau email using my name. Don’t want any confusion to occur on who I am.
                your username looked familiar to me for Jamie, but you never know. Yep you are 6649

Comment

• VFTuner Matt, since you now have the PowerMax so well dialed in, how about providing Dyno Info??!!! Very interested to see where we're your at!

Would greatly assist in knowing how loud I should be making my Turbo Noises🤪

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboChaser View Post
                    VFTuner Matt, since you now have the PowerMax so well dialed in, how about providing Dyno Info??!!! Very interested to see where we're your at!

Would greatly assist in knowing how loud I should be making my Turbo Noises🤪
                    Maybe later after I get the remaining stuff done.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboChaser View Post
                      Seelyartacus Glad to hear you are so happy. What year and transmission truck do you have?
                      Fell off the radar for a bit. 2016 sport auto. Last tune makes the truck stellar

Comment

• VFTuner Hey Matt, any chance you can get a kit shipped out this week? Get to chipping away at that list; I believe you said you have a kit ready.

Comment

• Finally was able to make time for myself to be able to install my kit. Got it scheduled for installation for thanksgiving week. Getting other odds n ends to prepare like spark plugs, oil, Toyota gasket maker, and coolant to top off. Here’s a pic for you guys for sizing purposes. Sharpie is to show how large/small these turbos are.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone switching over to external waste gate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakedfarmer View Post
                              Anyone switching over to external waste gate?
                              not possible on these turbos and manifolds.

Comment

Working...
                              X