• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

not really any new hold ups. I am working on assembling
    Which kit is next to go out?

Comment

• Mat,

You emailed me two weeks ago saying that you were mailing out a new fuel pump controller that would remedy tuning issues. Where can I find the free invoice that I need to fill out? I've been running your prototype FPC since February and need to get this tune fixed.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JR Gymie View Post
        Mat,

You emailed me two weeks ago saying that you were mailing out a new fuel pump controller that would remedy tuning issues. Where can I find the free invoice that I need to fill out? I've been running your prototype FPC since February and need to get this tune fixed.

Jeff
        I sent the email again please check your spam folder

Comment

• VFTuner Matt, All are being very patient here. I know you are busy, but I at least; am starving for a bit of progress or an update. If you could ship that next kit out, then at least the remainder of us get a little burst of excitement as you announce the next lottery winner. Any chance you can find time to ship one more kit?
          Alan, 2020 Access Cab Quicksand 04B81 AT
          (PinChaser on TacomaWorld)

Comment

• Originally posted by TurboChaser View Post
            VFTuner Matt, All are being very patient here. I know you are busy, but I at least; am starving for a bit of progress or an update. If you could ship that next kit out, then at least the remainder of us get a little burst of excitement as you announce the next lottery winner. Any chance you can find time to ship one more kit?
            I am, and the next kit ships as soon as it's wrapped up. I am also doing a bunch of FPCs to swap out old ones.

I think there is only like 5 kits left to ship.. Quite a few people have kits that I think they just didn't install yet or something

Comment

I am, and the next kit ships as soon as it's wrapped up. I am also doing a bunch of FPCs to swap out old ones.

I think there is only like 5 kits left to ship.. Quite a few people have kits that I think they just didn't install yet or something

That sounds encouraging. I'm surprised there are only 5 kits remaining to go out. Can you please verify that my kit #6583 is one of those.

I moved over a year ago and am always wondering if the address updates I send zendesk make it into whatever process you use for shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSmith View Post

That sounds encouraging. I'm surprised there are only 5 kits remaining to go out. Can you please verify that my kit #6583 is one of those.

I moved over a year ago and am always wondering if the address updates I send zendesk make it into whatever process you use for shipping.

counted wrong, there are 6 left.
                sent you an email as well. Yes yours is.

Comment

• I haven't recieved my kit, who else is waiting on theirs?

Comment

• Rj_taco
                    Rj_taco commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I haven’t either. Patiently waiting.

• TurboChaser
                    TurboChaser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am waiting too.

• BlkdOuT
                    BlkdOuT commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also am waiting. Presuming I'm still next to ship, #6588

• Me, but I’m no rush. I won’t be able to get to it until after the new year.

Comment

• So that makes 8 Outstanding Orders:

Code Name ___Order#, ECU#, Trans, Kit Type, Catted?, FP Upgrade, Injector Upgr., Mods:

SSmith ________6583
                    ACKattack911 _ 6595
                    RJ_Taco _______6594, 04B04, AT, PowerMax, Catted, Yes FP, Yes Injector Upgrade, Full Custom Dual 2-1/2" Exh
                    TurboChaser ___27876, 04B81, AT, PowerMax, Catted, Yes FP, Yes Injector Upgrade, TRD Spec-U Full Exh, with Y-Pipe
                    BlkdOut _______6588
                    NakedFarmer
                    KnkleChldrn ___6585, 04B14, MT, PowerMax, Catted, Yes FP, Yes Injector Upgrade,
                    Jason J _______6593, _____, MT, PowerMax, ______, Yes FP, Yes Injector Upgrade

I purchased from TheTacoChrist (TW) and the above number was assigned by Matt in an email confirming the transfer of ownership. Assuming that is why my number is so far away from others. Boy, if these numbers are sales orders and they tick up in sequence, then Matt has been even busier than I thought; 20,000 sales in about one year!!

Kit Delivered:
                    JamesT _______6591, 04A70, MT, PowerMax, Catted, Yes FP, Yes Injector Upgrade, 15psi
                    Last edited by TurboChaser; 10-11-2021, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Rj_taco
                      Rj_taco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m 6594. Power max, FP and injectors. Purchased injectors myself. AT, 04B04, catted, full custom dual 2-1/2” exhaust.
                      Last edited by Rj_taco; 10-10-2021, 08:42 PM. Reason: Added info.

• JamesT
                      JamesT commented
                      Editing a comment
                      6591. 04A70, MT.  Powermax. Fuel Pump upgrade, FPC, Direct Injectors. Catted. Plan to run 15psi.

• Jnieva007
                      Jnieva007 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      6589 - Order received
                      04b33 AT
                      Powermax turbos
                      Lexus DI injectors (purchased from Lexus)
                      Upgraded fuel pump
                      Upgraded FPC
                      URD Spec U full exhaust system
                      Plan to run 15psi or whatever is safe max PSI
                      Last edited by Jnieva007; 10-11-2021, 07:23 PM.

• Well there me but i have supercharger

Comment

• Originally posted by 808Army View Post
                      Well there me but i have supercharger
                      yes and I have the heat exchanger ready for your new address now.

Regarding remaining kits I will double check what I have on my list, I'm seeing 6.

Also an update regarding things. Other than the oil line/drain changes, I've seemed to narrow down a common issue with almost everyone who is having consistent tuning problems (MAF codes, misfires, boost leaks, lean, etc). It seems that almost every kit with a DIY build intercooler setup is the ones having issue after issue after issue. (other than FPC)

I've been spending the last year or longer working on tuning, adjustments to the FPC firmware...getting FPCs made (absolute nightmare), testing on my truck, testing on others, again and again. Running into dead ends, running into issues one truck has that isn't able to be replicated.

Comment

• Ackattack911
                        Ackattack911 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        We have listed our order numbers. Can you put the number up so we can see who is missing ?

• Updated the list of claimed Turbo kits on post 235, waiting for delivery. Is currently 8.

It might be worthwhile to add some generic details, help put all the info in one place? I am sure Matt has all this info, but I am at least curious as to the breadth of variety, for the remaining kits.

Thinking:
                      - Standard or PowerMax,
                      - (Catted or non catted no longer matters, since both are being shipped),
                      - Fuel Pump Upgrade Y or N,
                      - Larger Injectors Y or N, (Injectors were purchased separately for me, not sure if Matt offered to provide larger injectors? Or Matt only needs to know for the proper tune?)
                      - Modifications (that impact tune)
                      - ECU ID

Am I missing any options?

Comment

yes and I have the heat exchanger ready for your new address now.

Regarding remaining kits I will double check what I have on my list, I'm seeing 6.

Also an update regarding things. Other than the oil line/drain changes, I've seemed to narrow down a common issue with almost everyone who is having consistent tuning problems (MAF codes, misfires, boost leaks, lean, etc). It seems that almost every kit with a DIY build intercooler setup is the ones having issue after issue after issue. (other than FPC)

I've been spending the last year or longer working on tuning, adjustments to the FPC firmware...getting FPCs made (absolute nightmare), testing on my truck, testing on others, again and again. Running into dead ends, running into issues one truck has that isn't able to be replicated.
                        How much does the non trd pro exhaust affect the tune?

Comment

• I never provided injectors.

Also tomorrow when I am back in office I will be doing an inventory check and check on pending kits to verify I am not missing anyone from my list, as I don't know who you guys are from forum names sorry.

I am also still waiting on 5 more PCBs to get finished for the FPC. The PCB manufacture is waiting on a few components to arrive from Russia. But Russia is having shipment problems right now. No idea why, if I had to guess it has to do with the clogged up shipping lanes for all the boats. Just a guess.

After that and after the kits are all out and done, we will be retiring this kit until production and materials start to normalize. Since we can't even get manifolds made right now with no ETA on when it's possible again.

There may be a few kits that will be for sale though around the end of the year (3 people had to cancel, crashed truck and such)

Specific to people with: Powermax turbos AND Fuel Pump AND D.I. Upgrade. I have a perfect running tune for a truck with 35s for 15psi. I've been working on getting it absolutely perfect on 15psi since spring.

everything is as dialed in as possible.
                          1. shift maps are dialed in perfectly to keep you right in the peak torque low rpm range around 2700 rpm
                          2. Torque converter locks up at full boost
                          3. Shift torque map is dialed in so good to make shifts butter smooth
                          4. Fueling is absolutely perfect at 15psi, with AFRs right around 10.7-11.0 full boost. A bit rich but no problem at all.
                          5. runs drives just honestly as good as it is going to get.
                          6. part throttle response will blow you away.

and I'm telling you my truck is running absolutely flawless on this map. Full boost, part boost, part throttle, full throttle, any RPM. So much so that *nothing* is getting changed from the map and if there is an issue on a truck it goes onto it must be some install / loose part / etc error.

that is all the updates I have for now.
                          We've got 2, completed / done tune setups at this point. and I know with the waiting, delays, patience, delays again, shipping times, that the only way to make you guys happy again is have a ready to go high boost map for you, which I now have.

So there is base 7psi map (no fuel pump upgrades)
                          and powermax map for 14-15psi (all fuel upgrades required).

At this point, other than a few changes I want to make when we do make more in the unknown future, we are finished with tuning, and parts for this kit.

Comment

Working...
                          X