Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
    checking that email today Seelyartacus.

Regarding "kit transfers." I will not be honoring anyone else doing kit transfers. If you don't want the kit anymore, sold your truck, etc whatever reason, then you need to contact me. The people who did these "kit transfers" or reselling and reselling made a real headache for me to try to track or verify.

So please contact me regarding your kit. Do not resell a kit you don't have on your possession please.
    Thanks for that clarification.

Just one question, if folks just want to find interested parties, that is not quite what you want either?

If so, I will delete the feeler post above.
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

• Got it!! Thnx

Comment

checking that email today Seelyartacus.

Regarding "kit transfers." I will not be honoring anyone else doing kit transfers. If you don't want the kit anymore, sold your truck, etc whatever reason, then you need to contact me. The people who did these "kit transfers" or reselling and reselling made a real headache for me to try to track or verify.

So please contact me regarding your kit. Do not resell a kit you don't have on your possession please.
        ok, so I didn't get it. I only got the email that said you were closing the ticket because you found another.

Comment

• Hey mat message u about supercharger need address change because being shipped out usps

Comment

*10 character requirement* just wanted to delete a comment and resubmit lol

​​​​​
            Last edited by mZiggy; 08-17-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• VFTuner

Submitted another datalog via Zendesk.

Tune still runs really really well, best tune I've had on the truck/turbos so far, but I think may need some cleaning up in the 3500-4k range at 50+% throttle, in addition to the stuff I'd mentioned in my last email/log WRT 1500-2k rpm in 2nd.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• VFTuner Hi Matt, Hope all is going well.

Just looking for an update, wondering if that latest PowerMax kit shipped yet? Also wonder what is/are the current hang-ups that prevent shipping kits?

Waiting is HELL, and my being in upstate NY, I do not drive this truck during the winter, so getting antsy, with hopes to get to enjoy a little boost before storage.
                Alan, 2020 Access Cab Quicksand 04B81 AT
                (PinChaser on TacomaWorld)

Comment

• Definitely...antsy

Comment

all are currently spoken for.

Okay so we tested on 20psi, 60+ psi fuel pressure maintained!. I think we are good.

setting up #6589 to ship. will post pics of it mounted to the engine
                    did this kit get shipped? how are things progressing?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnckleChldrn View Post

did this kit get shipped? how are things progressing?
                      No it didn’t. Didn’t get any confirmation on my end yet.

Comment

• It's almost ready to ship.

At the moment now there isn't hiccups from here, just limited amount of fuel pump controllers. The new firmware is nearly complete, but ready enough so I am working on kits.

The kits will be setup 1 at a time though and clock verification done on the engine.

Comment

• VFTuner any update on when I’ll see the tune?

Comment

It's almost ready to ship.

At the moment now there isn't hiccups from here, just limited amount of fuel pump controllers. The new firmware is nearly complete, but ready enough so I am working on kits.

The kits will be setup 1 at a time though and clock verification done on the engine.
                            wasn't this being done with this kit with pictures to follow as of 7/31? Is it going to be multiple weeks between setting kits up to verify them?

Comment

• Originally posted by KnckleChldrn View Post

wasn't this being done with this kit with pictures to follow as of 7/31? Is it going to be multiple weeks between setting kits up to verify them?
                              The fuel pump control firmware is being worked on at the same time. Doing multiple things at once.

to be safe I'd say 3 days per kit to get setup. It's a lot more things being done now. (Tapping /threading the oil pan turbo drain returns, tapping/threading the turbo side oil drains, installing all the new AN pieces) fully disassembling each turbos cold/hot side, etc.

Once this kit is shipped out it will be smoother sailing getting the next one out. I'm expecting to have 6589 ready / boxed for UPS this weekend.

I know you guys have been waiting more than a long time.

Comment

• TurboChaser
                                TurboChaser commented
                                Editing a comment
                                A little progress update always helps the spirit. BUT THIS has me fired up again! I will be busy cleaning up the garage, while making Boost sounds.

Thank you for the detailed response!

The fuel pump control firmware is being worked on at the same time. Doing multiple things at once.

to be safe I'd say 3 days per kit to get setup. It's a lot more things being done now. (Tapping /threading the oil pan turbo drain returns, tapping/threading the turbo side oil drains, installing all the new AN pieces) fully disassembling each turbos cold/hot side, etc.

Once this kit is shipped out it will be smoother sailing getting the next one out. I'm expecting to have 6589 ready / boxed for UPS this weekend.

I know you guys have been waiting more than a long time.
                              Thank you. I appreciate an informative, timely response and acknowledgment of our waiting. Goes a long way.

Comment

Working...
                              X