Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen Tacoma 3.5L OVTune Twin Turbo Development and Support

VFTuner

Mat, I'm sort of kicking this off since the Twin Turbo thread on TacomaWorld (linked below) has been locked down, and sort of gifting it to you so that you can insert a 1st post ahead of mine here and effectively turn it into your own thread for TT kit customers, current and future, can post and discuss, and receive information and support from you.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ystems.566390/

Couldn't hurt to copy-pasta from the 1st post of the TW thread at minimum, or update it if necessary.

For the benefit of others who view this, I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD Pro with the OVTune Twin Turbo kit. Base turbos with no fueling upgrades (although I am thinking I'll eventually get the fuel pump upgrade) and with my aftermarket y-pipe and boost controller I typically overboost (safely, expected due to y-pipe) to 9 or 10psi before tapering down to 7-8. Running happily on a solid tune from OVTune.

Truck is my TRD Ecoboost. Among some other nicknames lol
    Last edited by mZiggy; 08-26-2021, 11:48 AM.

I think this will be a much more clean thread. I am scheduled to get my truck into the shop this weekend to finish all my smoke testing and reseal my exhaust flanges. Hopefully that will take care of my CELs. I am excited to finally have all of this wrapped up and 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigetaco22 View Post
      I think this will be a much more clean thread. I am scheduled to get my truck into the shop this weekend to finish all my smoke testing and reseal my exhaust flanges. Hopefully that will take care of my CELs. I am excited to finally have all of this wrapped up and 100%.
      Same same. Tracking has my Remflex gaskets arriving tomorrow and so then I'll seal up that downpipe to y-pipe connection and expect to be g2g, no more o2 sensor CEL

Comment

subscribed

Comment

Thanks for making this. I just saw the closed thread on Tw and was wondering about us guys who bought kits

Comment

Was wondering when someone was gonna start this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Ihatemytruck View Post
              Was wondering when someone was gonna start this thread!
              It had actually occurred to me a long time ago to create a thread but I didn't want to because I didn't want to create a thread that Mat couldn't take control of to then use as his own. That wouldn't help anybody really. tonered informed me that Mat will be able to post ahead of my "1st post" and change permissions and all that, effectively allowing him to receive control over this thread and use it for updates and discussion and whatever else like the TW thread

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll get this thread updates soon.

Yes we were banned without notice from both the tacoma and tundra forums.

Comment

• Ihatemytruck
                  Ihatemytruck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thought maybe you requested it since you are trying to migrate everything over here. Probably for the best, and hopefully we won't have the same negative people over on this platform.

• tonered
                  tonered commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Negative issues can be handled. No problem.

And Tundra, damn.

Comment

Wtf happened on TW for this to happen? Stupid to shit this thread down over there since there was good info in it

Comment

Originally posted by wrmathis View Post
                    Wtf happened on TW for this to happen? Stupid to shit this thread down over there since there was good info in it
                    It doesn't look like it will be deleted, so that is good.

I think it was the thread in the 3rd Gen section yesterday. Nothing to do with VFTuner . Just goons.
                    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
                    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
                    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Hey Mat. I don’t expect an ETA on my kit but could you please tell me as much info as you can as far as what is holding it up currently? You should see all my info as we are in your forum now but if not, Jamie Brousseau, e-mail [email protected]. Thank you.

Comment

• Mr. Nobody
                        Mr. Nobody commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You really should delete your email from this post. Unless you like having spam in your email until the end of time. πŸ‘

Hey everyone. Formally 3rd_gen_trd_taco on TW. Still Dan though. Figured this name sounded better.

2017 TRD Off-Road
                      Mock up photos. Running NA until a tune shows up in the inbox.
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Tacoboost View Post
                        Hey everyone. Formally 3rd_gen_trd_taco on TW. Still Dan though. Figured this name sounded better.

2017 TRD Off-Road
                        Mock up photos. Running NA until a tune shows up in the inbox.
                        ​​​​​​

LT Dan? Lemme tell you about some shrimp!
                        2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
                        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
                        Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Knew I shoulda named the truck Jenny...

Comment

Working...
                          X