VFTuner and OFT handheld support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFTuner and OFT handheld support

Porting over from TW. Didn't receive a clear answer there, and fair enough, OVTune has said many times this is where to ask questions instead of TW, so here I am.

At the beginning of VFtuner and in the TW VFtuner thread, first post, there was the suggestion that OFT Handhelds would be supported.

Interested in knowing
    -will the OFT Handheld be supported by VFtuner? ie. will .bin files be able to be created within VFtuner so that the handheld can upload them to the truck?
    -is there an option to trade in the handheld, like the flash owners?
    -or do we wait for OVtune to create .bin files for their upcoming tunes?

Thanks, much appreciated
    Last edited by smikec; 04-18-2021, 08:09 PM.

Originally posted by smikec View Post
    Porting over from TW. Didn't receive a clear answer there, and fair enough, OVTune has said many times this is where to ask questions instead of TW, so here I am.

At the beginning of VFtuner and in the TW VFtuner thread, first post, there was the suggestion that OFT Handhelds would be supported.

Haven't heard anything, and have an open ticket asking same.

Interested in knowing
    -will the OFT Handheld be supported by VFtuner? ie. will .bin files be able to be created within VFtuner so that the handheld can upload them to the truck?
    -is there an option to trade in the handheld, like the flash owners?
    -or do we wait for OVtune to create .bin files for their upcoming tunes?

Thanks, much appreciated
    VFTuner just updated the first post today.
    ​​​​​​ Check this link here and read the top.

I'm just not certain if it applies to you, as I'm ignorant on the handheld devices. But it should get you started.

Comment

Originally posted by ktbell444 View Post

VFTuner
      I'm just not certain if it applies to you, as I'm ignorant on the handheld devices. But it should get you started.
      I'm on TW as well.
      Unfortunately that does not appear to apply to us handheld owners.
      That post is for flash kit owners

Thanks
      Last edited by smikec; 04-18-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

I'm on TW as well.
        Unfortunately that does not appear to apply to us handheld owners. That post is for flash kit owners.

VFTuner, can you answer the questions in my last post?

Thanks
        I recognize your name. And like I said, I'm ignorant on handheld.

I'd shoot an email to his zendesk if you haven't already. Sounds like you're in a hurry to get a response with the same questions being asked multiple times across multiple forums. If that's the case, I'm not sure what the fastest route would be. He's busy 25/8.

Comment

Sounds like you're in a hurry to get a response with the same questions being asked multiple times across multiple forums.
          Not in a hurry, have a perfectly functioning 2.0 file and I'm happy. Handheld support has been a question going back for quite a long time, not just now.

You are correct - Have asked this question a couple times the past, and received no response
          I also understand they are busy, or probably miss them; no problem - not complaining. I would consider this a low-priority item for them, and I'm ok with that.

But since OVTune has said they prefer this forum, that is why I am here, to see if that is the issue

TBH, if they said it's going to be 6 months, a year, etc, it gives an idea. Heck, even if they said its not going to be supported, sure, it would be disappointing, but at least it's an answer, and we can move on. All technology eventually becomes obsolete. That is reality.

Again, not complaining, just looking for guidance. It's the non-answer that keeps us Handheld owners asking (not just me)
          Last edited by smikec; 04-18-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Not in a hurry, have a perfectly functioning 2.0 file and I'm happy. Handheld support has been a question going back for quite a long time, not just now.

You are correct - Have asked this question a couple times the past, including zendesk, and received no response
            The posts on TW get glossed over as other questions are answered with posts by OVtune.
            I also understand they are busy, or probably miss them; no problem - not complaining. I would consider this a low-priority item for them, and I'm ok with that.

But since OVTune has said they prefer this forum, that is why I am here, to see if that is the issue

TBH, if they said it's going to be 6 months, a year, etc, it gives an idea. Heck, even if they said its not going to be supported, sure, it would be disappointing, but at least it's an answer, and we can move on. Again, not complaining, looking for guidance. It's the non-answer that keeps us Handheld owners asking (not just me)
            The forum (TW for the most part) is the worst place to ask him questions directly. Like you mentioned, the posts are buried within minutes and essentially lost forever. Any time I've sent a zendesk email, I've given it a week for a response and I'll shoot another one (unless he happens to post about how backlogged his support tickets are, then I'll give him more time).

If he does respond to you via email, definitely post up the response for others like you to see. Not only will it help him not have to respond to the same inquiry multiple times, but it will keep others from having to spend the time asking and waiting.

I think at one point he was trying to get the handheld devices, so I'm not quite sure what his plan is on support. Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to stick to that over updating/upgrading to vF?

Comment

I received a "like" email notification today on the OP, so thought it worthy of a bump (i know, it's only 2 likes, lol)

Any time I've sent a zendesk email, I've given it a week for a response and I'll shoot another one"
              Even before I made this thread here, I sent a zendesk email, and then another a week later (both in April). No response on both

Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to stick to that over updating/upgrading to vF?
              They never responded to my OP (and zendesk) asking if returning the handheld was an option to upgrade to vF.

Again - even if OVTUNE said eff-off, we're not going to support it. Fine, at least we have an answer. Us hand-held owners will have to eat it and move on

I realize we are a small group, and likely low priority.

But will gladly and graciously accept the "ultimate tune" if offered in .bin format
              Last edited by smikec; 06-04-2021, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Ihatemytruck
                Ihatemytruck commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like the new 1.3 MAY be coming out this weekend. I'm only speculating because it says vftuner will have limited availability through the 7th, so possibly updating. So we'll see if there's any more info after that release.

1 year anniversary on this post, still no answer from VFTuner

appears we have been moved on from, and that's okay, but would be nice have acknowledgement of that

Again:
              asking if returning the handheld was an option to upgrade to vF?
              but will gladly and graciously accept the "ultimate tune", if and when available, in .bin format

Thanks

S

I received a "like" email notification today on the OP, so thought it worthy of a bump (i know, it's only 2 likes, lol)

Even before I made this thread here, I sent a zendesk email, and then another a week later (both in April). No response on both

They never responded to my OP (and zendesk) asking if returning the handheld was an option to upgrade to vF.

Again - even if OVTUNE said eff-off, we're not going to support it. Fine, at least we have an answer. Us hand-held owners will have to eat it and move on

I realize we are a small group, and likely low priority.

But will gladly and graciously accept the "ultimate tune" if offered in .bin format
              Last edited by smikec; 05-21-2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

1 year anniversary on this post, still no answer from VFTuner

appears we have been moved on from, and that's okay, but would be nice have acknowledgement of that

Again:
                asking if returning the handheld was an option to upgrade to vF?
                but will gladly and graciously accept the "ultimate tune", if and when available, in .bin format

Thanks

S

We posted a long time ago, although it was probably lost in the noise, that we don't have any way of furthering support on these. They don't support any ECUs except specifically the 2016-2017.
                We cannot get more of them, and the company that supports them (alientech) has several issues with how these update and cause issues. Support was dropped on them due to all of these issues and when it became impossible to get them due to covid.

Unfortunately due to the high amount of theft within the Tacoma community, we will never be releasing tunes in the future in any format except our specific encrypted VFC format.

Due to issues with other companies software and bugs (like alientech), due to issues with quality control and manufacturer lead times (like alientech, dimsport, etc), and due theft and exploitation of our intellectual property all future work(s) of ours will only be with VF Tuner, our cables, and our Wi-Flashes.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Can you answer the other part - please and thanks
                  VFTuner asking if returning the handheld was an option to upgrade to vF?
                  Last edited by smikec; 06-04-2022, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X