VF TUNER 1.2.9.9.7 Released

- Multiple new 3UR-FBE and 3UR-FE ECUs Supported
- Sequoia/LX/LC 3UR Support
- 2019 0CP70 0CP80 Tundra Full support
- Generation 2 Phase 5 ECU TCU Read And Flash Now Supported
- Generation 2 Phase 5 TCU Read and Upload Functionality
- Generation 2 Phase 5 TCU Brick Recovery Functionality
- Generation 2 Phase 5 ECU Brick Recovery Functionality - Update
- Resources folder (inside installation folder) includes Tuning PDFs - will be continually updated
- Tacoma 4.0L Manual Transmission 2009+ Support Updated
See more
See less

Tacoma 2019 sport , MT, no tune available :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacoma 2019 sport , MT, no tune available :(

Hello there,
    I live in alberta , canada. My local shop that does your tunes scanned my ecu and told me there is none available for my model.
    I have a 2019 double cab trd sport. 6 speed manual. Any chance you guys will be updating tunes for my model?
    I'd really like to try a tune before paying for a regear.
    Thank you for your time.
    Jake.

Originally posted by Brojak View Post
    Hello there,
    I live in alberta , canada. My local shop that does your tunes scanned my ecu and told me there is none available for my model.
    I have a 2019 double cab trd sport. 6 speed manual. Any chance you guys will be updating tunes for my model?
    I'd really like to try a tune before paying for a regear.
    Thank you for your time.
    Jake.
    That is absolutely incorrect. There are tunes for 04B30 and 04B31, which came off the line, but there are also tunes for 04B33, which is the latest and greatest TSB tune. You want that TSB tune as a base for the vF Tunes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-05 094527.png
Views:	117
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	2410
    Attached Files
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - Edited Version 8 of 04B14 SFOB Prem OL on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Thanks for your time. I'm not sure why they would say that. So If I wanted to figure this out for myself what information should I pull up on my odb 2 reader to make sure you do in fact have a tune for me?

Comment

Thanks for your time. I'm not sure why they would say that. So If I wanted to figure this out for myself what information should I pull up on my odb 2 reader to make sure you do in fact have a tune for me?
        You're welcome!

Look for Detailed ECU info. Both the Carista and OBD Fusion apps can do it, as well as some handheld OBD readers.

As I said, 04B30 and 04B31 came from the factory. 04B33 is where you want to be though. That is an easy change with TechStream. I do it for all the folks that I flash who need it.

Tune Packs are available for all 3rd Gen factory and TSB ECU IDs except 04A72 (2018 MT) and 04B42 (2019 MT).
        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

Tune Packs are available for all 3rd Gen factory and TSB ECU IDs except 04A72 (2018 MT) and 04B42 (2019 MT).
          Thanks again for the reply. Perhaps mine was the 04B42. (Hopefully not). I just used my handheld odb reader and it doesn't show the ECU info. Must be a cheap one. Ill try to find out the ID and get back to you.
          Jake

Comment

Thanks again for the reply. Perhaps mine was the 04B42. (Hopefully not). I just used my handheld odb reader and it doesn't show the ECU info. Must be a cheap one. Ill try to find out the ID and get back to you.
            Jake
            You're welcome!

Sorry for the confusion. I missed that you are a 2019 MT. 04B42 was just released in mid-February. See attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-05 103052.png
Views:	114
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	2417

Comment

I'm sorry if I misunderstand, does that mean you have the tune for that one as well?

Comment

I'm sorry if I misunderstand, does that mean you have the tune for that one as well?
                Yes. You always need matching tune files. The 04B42 Tune Pack is not out yet. VFTuner is working on it.

Comment

I appreciate your assistance, glad to hear your working on it. I will be checking my ECU id as soon as I can and I will find out.

Comment

I appreciate your assistance, glad to hear your working on it. I will be checking my ECU id as soon as I can and I will find out.
                    You're welcome!

Let us know what you find out. Sometimes the handhelds that you can borrow free from autoparts stores will tell you, but in general, the counter folks won't know anything about finding the ECU ID.

Comment

Sorry for the delay.
                      I had 2 numbers show up.
                      8966304B4000
                      Hows that look to you?

Comment

Sorry for the delay.
                        I had 2 numbers show up.
                        8966304B4000
                        Hows that look to you?
                        there are tunes for 04b40, but not 04b42 which is the TSB update for your truck.

Comment

Hey Shell. Thanks for your input.
                          Are you saying my TSB needs to be updated first?

Comment

Hey Shell. Thanks for your input.
                            Are you saying my TSB needs to be updated first?

IF you wanted to tune right away, you could stay on your current calibration since there are currently tunes available. If you are willing to wait for the tune pack to come out for 04b42, you would be starting off on the most current calibration, which is recommended.

Comment

I think I get it now. I'd have to get the dealer to update mine then wait for the release from VF tuner. Thanks everyone for your assistance. I'm looking forward to the tune being available.

Comment

Working...
                              X