X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM Battery tuning

Shellshock’s AGM Settings

ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE AN AGM BATTERY AND VERIFY SUPPORTED INPUT VOLTAGES

This is what I’ve been running for quite some time and have not had any issues. That being said, like anything else, modify at your own risk and dont blame me if your truck starts on fire lol

There are two parts to AGM tuning, duty cycle and voltage output. You'll need to raise both the duty cycle and voltage to have consistent output to your AGM battery. What I have done is increase the duty cycle by 20% in all phases except phase 1. Then the voltage is modified through the values under ECT.

Per VFTuner on tacomaworld
    ECT is engine coolant temp
    Values will always be in Celsius.
    Yes we will get neg values fixed.
    Furthers value is -40.

When i first did my tune, I set all the values from 30 and up to 94 which consistently outputs 14.4-5v with my duty cycle settings all the time. If you want more voltage, go higher, if you want less, go smaller. You can also have the voltage decrease as temperature rises. Put a higher number at 0, decreasing as you go right.

In general
    96 -> 14.7
    95 -> 14.6
    94 -> 14.5

Settings

This will will output 14.4-5v (I've tested and verified these settings on 04b14, 04b04, 04b31).

*note: phase duty 6/7 have been renamed in the new versions of vF tuner. I can update screenshots later.. or just compare the values.

On 2018+ trucks, phase duty 1 reads 14.7 instead of 76.79. This value is left unmodified on my tunes so its not an issue. These settings should work consistently across all the different ECUs.

Stock
    <idk how images work here>

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_58.jpg Views:	4 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	114

Modified
    <still havent figured it out>

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_59.jpg Views:	4 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	115
    Last edited by shellshock; 12-09-2020, 01:55 AM.

Saved for more space

Comment

I'll have to post my own tapered settings at some point

Comment

The 2020 currently has limited table access, but Base Phase Duty changes give expected results..

My settings for a Group 31 Odyssey

95 95 95 95 92 90.5 88.5 87.5 87.5

This provides 14.7 initial and a taper to 14.4 - 14.6

These values will most likely need a bit of a decrease in the summer months and I'll test at that time.

Cheers,

john

Comment

These are my settings on my 2017 6MT, with an Odyssey 34R-790

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	141

Comment

In addition, here's my logged findings. I live in desert climate and these settings taper for engine temp

Cold start, about 80deg ambient temp
            Max: 14.492
            Current: 14.45-14.6x
            Min: 14.3x

Halfway warmed up engine:
            Max: unchanged (as expected)
            Current: 14.37-14.39x
            Min: 13.5x

Fully warmed up engine:
            Current: 14.23-14.27
            Min: 13.085

Comment

Originally posted by mZiggy View Post
              These are my settings on my 2017 6MT, with an Odyssey 34R-790

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1334
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	141
              What are values for Base Phase Initial and Disable Control please

Comment

Originally posted by runmc View Post

What are values for Base Phase Initial and Disable Control please
                they are unchanged from stock

Comment

If you modify "disable control" then the alternator will no longer work.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
                    If you modify "disable control" then the alternator will no longer work.
                    That sounds like it is coming from experience?

A total loss system on the Taco doesn't sound fun. Folks would go there on the motorcycle side. Kind of like saying: Fire? Who need it?
                    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
                    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Howdy y'all,
                      I just reached out to Toyota to see if I can't get in touch with an engineer that might be able to give me some info that might help us dial everything in a bit more.

Comment

Thanks tonered for reposting this in the forum. Do you or anyone else know how this is holding up? Any longer-term issues that have surfaced from this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by PNWTundra View Post
                          Thanks tonered for reposting this in the forum. Do you or anyone else know how this is holding up? Any longer-term issues that have surfaced from this yet?

Credit shellshock . But, the two folks that I flashed with the AGM don't actively monitor. That has me pulling back from offering it.
                          2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
                          TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

No issues yet for me. It seems to be charging my battery fine. I still have a parasitic drain I have to deal with, but other than that all good. I know what the drain is but I just haven't gotten around to rewiring it into the cab so it is on the acc. triggered circuits.

Comment

I’ve been running it on mine since day 1. I’ve done short and long trips across a variety of temperatures and haven’t had any issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X