HP tuner bricked my ECU can VF Recover it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP tuner bricked my ECU can VF Recover it

The Title really says it all but some backstory my buddie has an HP Tuner MPVI2 that I have used to flash my 2017 Tundra TRD Pro several times well 2 days ago I was writing a tune to the truck and it wrote to a 100% but then got an error about the checksum couldn't be validated and the truck would never crank up the starter will turn over but that's all it will do. My dash is lit up like the 4th of July and I have tried HP tuners again and also techstream but neither one of them can talk to the ECM. Can VF Tuner Help me or do I just need to buy a new Module?
    Thanks in Advance, Zach

S/W: 89663-0CM51

H/W: 89661-0CQ21
    Last edited by AmericanNero; 05-22-2022, 05:24 PM. Reason: Had the wrong software number

Originally posted by AmericanNero View Post
    The Title really says it all but some backstory my buddie has an HP Tuner MPVI2 that I have used to flash my 2017 Tundra TRD Pro several times well 2 days ago I was writing a tune to the truck and it wrote to a 100% but then got an error about the checksum couldn't be validated and the truck would never crank up the starter will turn over but that's all it will do. My dash is lit up like the 4th of July and I have tried HP tuners again and also techstream but neither one of them can talk to the ECM. Can VF Tuner Help me or do I just need to buy a new Module?
    Thanks in Advance, Zach
    89663-0CM21
    it is possible to recover yes. But it requires opening the ECU

Comment

Can you explain what I would need to do or point me in the right direction atleast or would you just buy a new ECM?

Comment

Why would Force Flash not work for me?

Also I just noticed I wrote the wrong number in the orginal post. Been looking at alot of numbers lately they tend get messed up sometimes when haven't got much sleep.

Comment

Why would Force Flash not work for me?

Also I just noticed I wrote the wrong number in the orginal post. Been looking at alot of numbers lately they tend get messed up sometimes when haven't got much sleep.

Because of the way these are flashed. I think you should contact HP Tuners first and get their assistance.

I hate to say it but we get contacted on nearly a daily basis of dead ECUS from their software and our software is not designed to fix ECUs killed from their software.

Comment

Okay thank you very much i hope to get mine figured out and then i will be buying your tuner ov seems to really have toyota figured out.

Comment

Okay thank you very much i hope to get mine figured out and then i will be buying your tuner ov seems to really have toyota figured out.
              If you order our kit we can assist you getting the ECU recovered. But otherwise all we can do is direct you to speak to HP Tuners.

Comment

Can I change the vin on a new ucu with your software it would be the same ecu number(89661-0CQ21)

Comment

Can I change the vin on a new ucu with your software it would be the same ecu number(89661-0CQ21)
                  No, you cannot change the VIN with vF Tuner.

Comment

Okay thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X