S-Mode Gear Lock Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Mode Gear Lock Setup

I'm trying to manually setup gear lock for s-mode, but it's not working like I'd expect.

I'm using the same method explained in this post, but with the "Secondary Shift Mode" downshift tables, so that it's not dependent on using ECT.
    I'm just setting all those downshift table values very low for each gear - I'm talking like 2 for the 2 to 1 downshift, 4 for the 3 to 2 downshift, etc.

These settings are definitely causing it to hold the selected gear better, but if I step on it (at speeds well above the ones set in the tables), it still downshifts...
    Am I missing something here? Or is there some underlying logic preventing that from working as expected until Mat actually brings gear lock back as a feature?

I would stay away from trying to gear lock with the secondary tables as they haven't been identified in the current version of vF yet. ECT is the preferred since it's easier to enable/disable and the others could be 4Hi and/or some other drive mode.

Also, downshift and upshift should both be set to all 0's in the colored (not grey axis) boxes. It will never downshift under heavy throttle and S mode will limit your top (selected) gear.

Comment

Originally posted by ktbell444 View Post
      I would stay away from trying to gear lock with the secondary tables as they haven't been identified in the current version of vF yet. ECT is the preferred since it's easier to enable/disable and the others could be 4Hi and/or some other drive mode.

Also, downshift and upshift should both be set to all 0's in the colored (not grey axis) boxes. It will never downshift under heavy throttle and S mode will limit your top (selected) gear.
      Gotcha. That makes more and less sense at the same time, haha.

And yeah, I had zeroed them out previously, but tried the low values when that didn't work.
      Plus, I ran an old 1.05 tune with gear lock for quite a while, and I actually kinda liked how that one would still downshift when coming to a stop, for example.

Comment

Working...
      X