Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2AR-fe turbo setup/tune

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2AR-fe turbo setup/tune

    I create this topic to share information and tips on how use this software to tune turbo setups on Scion tC platforms

  • #2
    So far i made the Deatschwerks 550cc injectors work perfect with the stock ecu using this calculated values. I haved fuel trims almost in 0 the whole time during close loops. I did the base calculation basically guessing for days, so if you are using a 700cc or even 1000cc injectors this will give you a good reference point to start, if you have 550cc use this dwell and base flow numbers.

    Comment


    • #3
      How do I download the latest software? Do i have delete my current software and redownload it? I dont see anywhere on the software to download the latest update. When I upload the toyota flash tool it says 1.3.2.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mr.ScionTC View Post
        How do I download the latest software? Do i have delete my current software and redownload it? I dont see anywhere on the software to download the latest update. When I upload the toyota flash tool it says 1.3.2.
        This would be best asked in the Software section. But . . .

        See the vFtuner.com homepage or the link in my signature.

        No need to uninstall. vF installs nicely over the top of the existing version.

        I believe the current Flash Tool shows 1.3.2.
        2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - Edited Version 7 of 04B14 SFOB Prem OL on 92
        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
        Latest vF Version Download

        Comment


        • Fher_Raul
          Fher_Raul commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks!!!!

        • tonered
          tonered commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome!

      • #5
        Ohh i see. So it's supposed to show 1.3.2? Or 1.2.7.6

        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by Mr.ScionTC View Post
          Ohh i see. So it's supposed to show 1.3.2? Or 1.2.7.6
          vF Help / About will show 1.2.7.6.

          The Flash Tool will show 1.3.2. They're separate programs.
          2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - Edited Version 7 of 04B14 SFOB Prem OL on 92
          TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
          Latest vF Version Download

          Comment


          • #7
            Oh! I was looking at the wrong thing then. I was thinking the flash tuner version was for thr software. I didnt look at about. Thank you
            Last edited by Mr.ScionTC; 01-06-2021, 10:05 PM.

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by Mr.ScionTC View Post
              Oh! I was looking at the wrong thing then. I didnt look at about. Thank you
              You're welcome!
              2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - Edited Version 7 of 04B14 SFOB Prem OL on 92
              TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
              Latest vF Version Download

              Comment


              • #9
                So last question. Im assuming when I redownload the link, it will overlap on my current version. Is that what it did for you?

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Mr.ScionTC View Post
                  So last question. Im assuming when I redownload the link, it will overlap on my current version. Is that what it did for you?

                  Yes. Think of it as an update.
                  2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - Edited Version 7 of 04B14 SFOB Prem OL on 92
                  TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
                  Latest vF Version Download

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by Fher_Raul View Post
                    So far i made the Deatschwerks 550cc injectors work perfect with the stock ecu using this calculated values. I haved fuel trims almost in 0 the whole time during close loops. I did the base calculation basically guessing for days, so if you are using a 700cc or even 1000cc injectors this will give you a good reference point to start, if you have 550cc use this dwell and base flow numbers.

                    Great!.


                    For boost tuning, you're going to want to log several things which will help you pin point where you will need to start adding in fuel.

                    first - throttle position where you start to see boost
                    second is going to be RPM where you see boost.


                    unfortunately there is no manifold pressure sensor on these cars, or most toyotas. You'll really need a boost gauge to get an accurate idea.


                    From there, you will need to modify a few tables, which we can give some general guidance on.

                    There are no 3D "AFR" tables the way you would think, but that won't stop you from being able to make a safe boost tune.


                    What is your ECU Version

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ECU ID no vin.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	542 Click image for larger version

Name:	ECU ID no vin.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	543
                      Originally posted by VFTuner View Post


                      Great!.


                      For boost tuning, you're going to want to log several things which will help you pin point where you will need to start adding in fuel.

                      first - throttle position where you start to see boost
                      second is going to be RPM where you see boost.


                      unfortunately there is no manifold pressure sensor on these cars, or most toyotas. You'll really need a boost gauge to get an accurate idea.


                      From there, you will need to modify a few tables, which we can give some general guidance on.

                      There are no 3D "AFR" tables the way you would think, but that won't stop you from being able to make a safe boost tune.


                      What is your ECU Version
                      Thanks for the help, i already have boost, oil and afr gauge by AEM, im start building boost about 3k rpms. Another question that i have is about the load values on the tables, those values are Absolute Values or Calculated Values PID? I want to rescale all of them. My car is actually pushing about 160% calculated value @11psi and a VE of 155 aprox
                      Last edited by Fher_Raul; 01-08-2021, 04:40 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #13


                        There you have a small video of the Torque App on the car (i know is not a log but im out of time for now) you can see is making over 100% Absolute Load after 3k RPM

                        Comment


                        • #14

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Have you tried datalogging with our vF Tuner logger?


                            the axis is based on Absolute Load

                            Comment


                            • Fher_Raul
                              Fher_Raul commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yes i have log with the software a lot of times, but im currently away from hme and the car for few weeks, i gonna upload some logs as soon i return. Thanks for the answer about the load.
                          Working...
                          X