Crackle Tune Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackle Tune Maps

I've moved this post to it's own topic to make it easier to find since I know the majority of you guys are initially buying the vF Tuner just for the crackles and pops. Make these changes to the Base Ignition map.

WARNING: This can potentially kill your cat, especially the louder tunes. Use these maps at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that may occur from you tuning your ECU.

AUTOMATIC TC OWNERS: You can use the same tunes below, but one user reported an issue with the RPM's dropping to idle when driving after he made changes to the 20 Engine Load column. If you have this issue, only make changes to the 10 column.

SUBTLE CRACKLES TUNE: Only a little crackling. Sounds closer to the natural crackling from upgrading your exhaust. I simply retarded the ignition in the columns by 5 degrees.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Tune - Subtle Crackles.png Views:	0 Size:	165.4 KB ID:	1183

MILD CRACKLES TUNE: A little more noticeable without being too crazy. I simply retarded the ignition in the columns by 10 degrees.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Tune - Mild Crackles.png Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	1181

CRACKLES TUNE: Normal crackles. I simply retarded the ignition in the columns by 15 degrees.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Tune - Crackles.png Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	1180

CRACKLES & POPS TUNE: Louder crackles with pops at high RPMs.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Tune - Crackles and Pops.png Views:	0 Size:	160.4 KB ID:	1179

POPS TUNE: This is if you want your neighbors to hate you.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Tune - Pops.png Views:	0 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	1182
    Last edited by Vampyrex13; 07-16-2021, 02:36 PM.

Thanks to your youtube video and seeing that the 2arfe vFtuner community is growing i decided to pull the trigger and order my own. Hopefully more people follow my same footsteps so we can bring back the tc2 aftermarket slowly but surely.

Comment

i just ordered my tuner and software yesterday cant wait to start tuning

Comment

• TC2Lopez
        TC2Lopez commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm looking to get one soon to for my tc2. Is the bundle all you need?

• duneyou3@gmail.com
        [email protected] commented
        Editing a comment
        TC2Lopez yes just get the bundle and your ready to tune

Great thread for crackle tunes! Just received my vftuner yesterday and got my master key earlier this morning. Need to CA smog in 2 weeks but I'm itching to crackle tune til then 😅

Comment

Originally posted by Vampyrex13 View Post

I've moved this post to it's own topic to make it easier to find since I know the majority of you guys are initially buying the vF Tuner just for the crackles and pops. Make these changes to the Base Ignition, High Knock Ignition, and Low Knock Ignition maps.

WARNING: This can potentially kill your cat, especially the louder tunes. Use these maps at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages that may occur from you tuning your ECU.

AUTOMATIC TC OWNERS: You can use the same tunes below, but one user reported an issue with the RPM's dropping to idle when driving after he made changes to the 20 Engine Load column. If you have this issue, only make changes to the 10 column.

SUBTLE CRACKLES TUNE: Only a little crackling. Sounds closer to the natural crackling from upgrading your exhaust. I simply retarded the ignition in the columns by 5 degrees.
        Click image for larger version Name:	Tune - Subtle Crackles.png Views:	0 Size:	165.4 KB ID:	1183

MILD CRACKLES TUNE: A little more noticeable without being too crazy. I simply retarded the ignition in the columns by 10 degrees.
        Click image for larger version Name:	Tune - Mild Crackles.png Views:	0 Size:	163.7 KB ID:	1181

CRACKLES TUNE: Normal crackles. I simply retarded the ignition in the columns by 15 degrees.
        Click image for larger version Name:	Tune - Crackles.png Views:	0 Size:	163.6 KB ID:	1180

CRACKLES & POPS TUNE: Louder crackles with pops at high RPMs.
        Click image for larger version Name:	Tune - Crackles and Pops.png Views:	0 Size:	160.4 KB ID:	1179

POPS TUNE: This is if you want your neighbors to hate you.
        Click image for larger version Name:	Tune - Pops.png Views:	0 Size:	152.8 KB ID:	1182
        Is there a reason I usually only get crackles downshifting to 1st gear and not downshifting into and other gear? I’m running crackles and pops map.

Comment

• Fher_Raul
          Fher_Raul commented
          Editing a comment
          try to press a little bit the fuel pedal under desaceleration, you need retard ignition time andfuel to have crackles, and the only way to add fuel on desaceleration with this software is doing it manually for now.

when I flashed the crackle tune, I was having an issue, when I was under WOT the timing would go to the 0 degrees instead of the 20-22 degrees that it was supposed to be at. what would happen is almost like a boost cut. lots of power up till 3500 rpm then almost no power, then once i hit 6000+ all the power came back.

Comment

I wish the software allowed negative timing values.

Comment

• Vampyrex13
            Vampyrex13 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think it's the software so much as the ECU itself, but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by OTL Loi View Post
          I wish the software allowed negative timing values.
          Log your actual timing, and you'll see if you put 0 in the map you will absolutely get negative timing.

Comment

• Fher_Raul
            Fher_Raul commented
            Editing a comment
            That is True

If you enriched this same MAP with a high A/F, what would the outcome be? I guess what I am asking is what is the difference between this and a flame MAP?

Comment

• Fher_Raul
            Fher_Raul commented
            Editing a comment
            theres not fuel maps on tC ecu. Also in deacceleration the car turn off the injectors to safe fuel. So far is imposible to make flames with this software in the tC.

• Robaholic
            Robaholic commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Fher_Raul , I wonder if that would be something they could add in an update.

What is the purpose of changing the High Knock and Low Knock tables as well as the base ignition table? I only changed the base ignition table and it does just fine?

Comment

• Fher_Raul
            Fher_Raul commented
            Editing a comment
            basically low and hing knocking tables are trims for the base map, like limits in case knocking, i always adjust just the base one.

• Robaholic
            Robaholic commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahhh thanks Fher_Raul. So does this mean I could modify my base ignition table almost to an extreme, and if knock is detected as long as I don't modify those maps then technically it shouldn't blow my engine up xD?

• Fher_Raul
            Fher_Raul commented
            Editing a comment
            As i understand yes, you are correct

VFTuner can you confirm if that info is correct? thanks!

Comment

What do I mess around with in order to get more pop when park or in neutral? Already fbo , and mess with high and low knock base Ignition

Comment

Maybe I’m doing it wrong but I have a 2013 with an auto transmission and flashed the “normal” crackle map but can only get it to burble the tiniest bit (I got it to pop once). It seems to only do it in first. Am I just driving it wrong? I’ve got the stock header and a Megan Racing catback with the silencer removed. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Comment

• Roomsaver
                Roomsaver commented
                Editing a comment
                Just read in another post that changes should also be applied to the second maps as well. Going to try that tomorrow and I’ll see how it goes!

• Fher_Raul
                Fher_Raul commented
                Editing a comment
                If your car still have the cat converter or stock exhaust it wont make any pop or noise, also in order to spary some fuel to that retarded ignition timing on desacceleration you need to keep you foot on the pedal a tiny bit. I know because i made those maps

• Roomsaver
                Roomsaver commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve got an aftermarket exhaust but I still have the stock headers. Will it really not make any noise with a cat? I already get some crackles without a tune so I thought it’d work

After changing the secondary maps to match the primary my car is now popping 😁

Comment

Working...
              X