Scion tC 2.5 2ar-fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uberc0n View Post
    I did create a tune but it is unable to save saying access denied. so how do i remove it so my car can run again. And how can i save it.
    Right click on vFTuner.exe and Run As Administrator and see if that lets you save the file to the directory.

Comment

• has anyone created any performance tunes off the VFtuner software if so can you message me

Comment

• The easiest thing to do is just save your file somewhere other than the program files directory. Windows will rarely let you save any file inside that directory.

Comment

• I’d also be interested in some performance tunes. I don’t have a shop anywhere near me that would tune it for me, so any uploaded tunes would be great!

Comment

• is anyone else having trouble tuning currently? i tried to flash the stock tune onto my tc before i have to get it smogged 🤮 and it was giving me an error code. i don't remember which code i will have to check later tonight. but it kept telling my to close the tuner, turn off the car and try again i tried it both in legacy mode and non legacy and nothing. it even wasn't letting me read my current tune from my car, which i thought was weird but the car still runs and drives fine so i know the ecu isn't bricked..

EDIT- i still havent been able to reflash my ecu, when i select what file i want to use it only gives me 2 options, both for my ecu but one is automatic and one i manual(mine is manual trans). i have pictures of both errors
            Attached Files
            Last edited by [email protected]; 09-27-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• So mine wont recognize the open port after an error mid flash that bricked my ecu now and cant reflash to try and fix it. any solutions

Comment

• Originally posted by sctc1410 View Post
                So mine wont recognize the open port after an error mid flash that bricked my ecu now and cant reflash to try and fix it. any solutions
                If you got an error mid flash then most likely you have low voltage or cable got bumped or something.

Failing mid-flash is extremely rare unless low voltage or the cable got bumped.

EMAIL us for support how to recover it.

Comment

• VFTuner Just a quick question, does the gen 1 force flash work like the gen 2? Like if your ecu does get bricked will that help recover the ecu? Or is it like a 50/50 chance it gets recovered. I know with the gen 2 ecu you guys where saying it will fix the gen 2 99.99% of the time?

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    VFTuner Just a quick question, does the gen 1 force flash work like the gen 2? Like if your ecu does get bricked will that help recover the ecu? Or is it like a 50/50 chance it gets recovered. I know with the gen 2 ecu you guys where saying it will fix the gen 2 99.99% of the time?
                    force flashs 100% of the time works but there is more involved. email us.

Comment

• Anyone else get a the controller unlock error invalid problem when trying to flash tunes with the new update cause i recently fixed the ecu after accidentally bricking it and was wanting to put the tune my buddy put together for me on it but cant get it to flash the tune at all.?

Comment

• Originally posted by sctc1410 View Post
                        Anyone else get a the controller unlock error invalid problem when trying to flash tunes with the new update cause i recently fixed the ecu after accidentally bricking it and was wanting to put the tune my buddy put together for me on it but cant get it to flash the tune at all.?
                        Read this post here.

Comment

• sctc1410
                          sctc1410 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          did and sent email a week ago about it with no answer for a solution

• So has anyone managed to put together any kind of performance tune together yet.?

Comment

• Fher_Raul
                          Fher_Raul commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In order to make a "performance tune" you need to take the car to the dyno, fill it with high octane fuel amd star increasing the timming until you stop making more torque basically, theres not copy and paste tunes, every motor is different and react different to different envairoments, fuel and drivers. So my advice is find a dyno and a tuner that way you have less chances to blown your motor playing with the timing and vvti

• sctc1410
                          sctc1410 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unfortunantly there's a lack of tuners around here that work with this platform so i would like to have a base perf tune to make adjustements from.

• We will be releasing tune packs for this platform in time.

Comment

• Naughtyca
                          Naughtyca commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Please. All I've been able to accomplish is just a better throttle response by eliminating the ECU control over the dbw pedal. I have bolt-ons. TRD CAI with a 1320 Header. I'm using excel file to help me increase or decrease values. That's how I've been able to make some use of the software.

If there are shortcuts, I can't find any information on what they are anywhere. All I know is Ctrl + F for changing several column to a specific value.

• tonered
                          tonered commented
                          Editing a comment
                          See the vF Installation PDF for shortcut operations.

• Naughtyca how did you do that? Can you explain me? It sounds pretty interesting.

Comment

Working...
                        X