No announcement yet.

Scion tC 2.5 2ar-fe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey everyone. Just remembered about the forum after messaging Matt @vtuner. I'm still having an issue with BIN IDs not being found after crediting my VIN thru the drop down menu under File. I keep getting a "NOSIG" as the only selection. After downloading the new update (1.2.9.9.2) earlier today, it's still requesting me to unlock my VIN, after ID manually inputted it into the system last night. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step from the instructions I might have missed? I finally CA smogged my car 2 days ago so I'm finally trying to at least get a simple tune going here. Also, I noticed my ECU id is not listed in the tune files (89661-21540). Can anyone help a guy out? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Chines21
      Chines21
      Chines21 commented
      Editing a comment
      i’m having the same problem with my software. i think i might’ve found something out. i’ll know in a couple of days. i will get back to you once i know for sure

Originally posted by J_GoNZ0 View Post
    Hey everyone. Just remembered about the forum after messaging Matt @vtuner. I'm still having an issue with BIN IDs not being found after crediting my VIN thru the drop down menu under File. I keep getting a "NOSIG" as the only selection. After downloading the new update (1.2.9.9.2) earlier today, it's still requesting me to unlock my VIN, after ID manually inputted it into the system last night. Am I doing something wrong or am I missing a step from the instructions I might have missed? I finally CA smogged my car 2 days ago so I'm finally trying to at least get a simple tune going here. Also, I noticed my ECU id is not listed in the tune files (89661-21540). Can anyone help a guy out? Thanks in advance.
    It might be best to send you VIN to
    VFTuner
    Administrator
    VFTuner through Zendesk so that he can verify with the database?
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Hah no worries my dude. I guess I can be patient a bit longer 😅. Thanks again 🤙

Comment

Hah no worries my dude. I guess I can be patient a bit longer 😅. Thanks again 🤙
      You're welcome!
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

I'll take a look at this, but I can say that every single person so far who has had this issue had typos in their VIN they tried to manually register

Comment

Anyone know which ecu ID to use with a 2012 Scion tC? I tried using the 21272 ecu code but no luck, would it be the 21271 or the 21270?

Comment

hey guys. i have a 15 tC. should i get the software? is it worth the money. i have full bolt ons. i just don’t have a tune for the car yet.

Comment

does anyone know if there are any ca legal headers of the 11-16 tc? i know im allready illegal with the cold air intake and the midpipe and muffler, but i can swap the cai when smog rolls around, and the midpipe they normally dont care to much abought. im pretty sure the dezod green headers are but im sure they dont make them anymore, any info helps thanks!

Comment

Is the scion tc a gen 1 or gen 2 ecu?
            also whenever I try and flash my ecu I get the error "TOpenPort error [no devices available]."
            the tactrix driver is installed
            VFTuner
            Administrator
            VFTuner
            Attached Files
            wcs13
            Last edited by wcs13; 04-01-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• so with this new update we will be able to recover our own ecus in case of a brick? just wondering if there are any instructions for the new update or maybe a video?

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                so with this new update we will be able to recover our own ecus in case of a brick? just wondering if there are any instructions for the new update or maybe a video?

There will be an updated version for Gen1 ECUs (scion tC is gen1) that allows ECU brick recovery.

Comment

• Having issues with bin ids nothing will work and have already tried using bin files and nothing works

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigohhh View Post
                    Having issues with bin ids nothing will work and have already tried using bin files and nothing works
                    Why are you trying to load BIN files?

Have you checked if your ECU is supported by checking the available files in the vF Tuner install folder? If it is not in there it is not yet supported and needs to be emailed to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigohhh View Post
                      Having issues with bin ids nothing will work and have already tried using bin files and nothing works
                      Here are the current tC ECUs:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-08 091116.png
Views:	182
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	2509

Comment

• Well I’m just waiting for the 21270 ecu file to be released this week obviously don’t until exactly when it will be released

Comment

Working...
                        X