Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scion tC 2.5 2ar-fe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by tonered View Post


    it looks like a new version will be posted soon to fix that. See the Announcement at the top.
    Version 1.2.9.8 was posted for download on the website so I got that error after updating. Unless you mean it will be updated again?

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by nrich00 View Post

      Version 1.2.9.8 was posted for download on the website so I got that error after updating. Unless you mean it will be updated again?
      Yikes. Be sure to tag VFTuner for stuff like that.
      2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

      Comment


      • #78
        Hi folks, we are investigating why this is happening for some ECUs.

        Does everyone with a tC get this error?

        Comment


        • nrich00
          nrich00 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe so.

      • #79
        does anyone know if we are able to tune out the rev hang when switching gears?

        Comment


        • #80
          Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          does anyone know if we are able to tune out the rev hang when switching gears?
          Good question. It is possible VFTuner ?

          Comment


          • #81
            I just flashed my ECU with the newest version of the tuner, 1.2.9.8.2. I clicked flash ECU it asked what bin file, I clicked 89663-21170 because that's what it told me to use when I looked at the vehicle id. so I flash it and it says it will take 4 credits to unlock vin. so I click yes and continue. I flash the tune and when I try and open the same bin file to edit it, it says I still need to unlock it and that I'm out of credits. I did just order 8 more credits anyways but I'm sure that takes a day or two to hit my account please help. VFTuner
            Last edited by [email protected]; 03-11-2021, 06:09 AM.

            Comment


            • #82
              Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              I just flashed my ECU with the newest version of the tuner, 1.2.9.8.2. I clicked flash ECU it asked what bin file, I clicked 89663-21170 because that's what it told me to use when I looked at the vehicle id. so I flash it and it says it will take 4 credits to unlock vin. so I click yes and continue. I flash the tune and when I try and open the same bin file to edit it, it says I still need to unlock it and that I'm out of credits. I did just order 8 more credits anyways but I'm sure that takes a day or two to hit my account please help. VFTuner

              ​​​​​​You need to send this issue to VFTuner through Zendesk. He cannot link you to your account / order number using the forum.
              2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
              TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

              Comment


              • #83
                Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                does anyone know if we are able to tune out the rev hang when switching gears?
                The tables in the ECU that control throttle opening during shifting are set to 0 by default in the tC, so it can't be further reduced.


                Technically you could use the table to make it much much worse...lol

                Comment


                • Fher_Raul
                  Fher_Raul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i did it reducing the timming on desaceleration cells between 2000 and 4200rpm under 10% of load

              • #84
                VFTuner I have no clue whats going on but when i flashed my car it was going good until about half done then it gave me an error and bricked my ecu. Disconnecting the battery doesnt do anything. The traction light is on and green light with the key on it is blinking and my car won’t turn over.
                Last edited by wcs13; 03-12-2021, 08:38 AM.

                Comment


                • #85
                  Originally posted by wcs13 View Post
                  VFTuner I have no clue whats going on but when i flashed my car it was going good until about half done then it gave me an error and bricked my ecu. Disconnecting the battery doesnt do anything. The traction light is on and green light with the key on it is blinking and my car won’t turn over.
                  bad or unstable connection would be the only way something like this would happen. You will need to mail us your ECU unfortunately, or replace it. Email us

                  Comment


                  • #86
                    VFTuner I have no clue whats going on but when i flashed my car it was going good until about half done then it gave me an error and bricked my ecu. Disconnecting the battery doesnt do anything. The traction light is on and green light with the key on it is blinking and my car won’t turn over.
                    bad or unstable connection would be the only way something like this would happen. You will need to mail us your ECU unfortunately, or replace it. Email us
                    ssame thing is happening to me, green coolant light and traction control light.
                    in the middle of flashing it gave me an error code, i dont remember what the code was but it was like 00 05 02 something like that, but now it says its unable to read the vin and my car wont start anymore
                    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-12-2021, 09:30 PM.

                    Comment


                    • VFTuner
                      VFTuner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      please send this to our support email with exact details car year / transmission / etc

                    • duneyou3@gmail.com
                      [email protected] commented
                      Editing a comment
                      email was sent

                  • #87
                    just an FYI to anyone whose ECU does happen to brick in the middle of flashing, don't worry, and don't take it to a dealership. they won't like any mods done to the car whether it's a trd part or not, and they will tell you the whole ECU will need to be replaced, which where I'm located in Sacramento, ca its 170$ for labor and 1500$ all said and done. if you happen to brick your ECU, just email the support team and matt will take care of you, just mail them your ECU, which should be too much more than a week tops.

                    Comment


                    • Fher_Raul
                      Fher_Raul commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Military life lol, you know.... always have a plan B and C

                    • tonered
                      tonered commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Always a backup plan. With the new functions that VFTuner mentioned, we can do a lot of rescuing if all goes bad.

                    • Vampyrex13
                      Vampyrex13 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I have a spare ECU as well just in case.

                  • #88
                    Just checking to see if everyone working properly on the new 1.2.9.9.2 version?

                    Comment


                    • #89
                      Originally posted by Vampyrex13 View Post
                      Just checking to see if everyone working properly on the new 1.2.9.9.2 version?
                      I installed it, but have not flashed with it yet.
                      2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - YotaWerx 04B14 AD Prem Tune on 92
                      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

                      Comment


                      • #90
                        Originally posted by Vampyrex13 View Post
                        Just checking to see if everyone working properly on the new 1.2.9.9.2 version?

                        everything should be working 100%.

                        several tC owners have flashed with it no problem.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X