Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New user - can't "Prepare ECU" unless engine is running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New user - can't "Prepare ECU" unless engine is running?

Friends, When I tried to follow instructions to get the VIN number validation [first step]. I could not "Prepare ECU" unless engine is running?
    I got an error initially, with my 2017 Tacoma Sport 6cyl "turned ON, but w/o the engine running". So I tried again - still no luck, so then I turned Started the engine. In this state the program read the VIN correctly.
    But now that I have the profile back from VF, I want to "Calibrate ECM". I know I cannot do this with the engine running, but if Prepare won't connect with Truck ON and engine not runing, how will calibrate work in this state.
    Please advise = what should I do? I don't ant to brick my ECM. - mf

Originally posted by MaxFleisher View Post
    Friends, When I tried to follow instructions to get the VIN number validation [first step]. I could not "Prepare ECU" unless engine is running?
    I got an error initially, with my 2017 Tacoma Sport 6cyl "turned ON, but w/o the engine running". So I tried again - still no luck, so then I turned Started the engine. In this state the program read the VIN correctly.
    But now that I have the profile back from VF, I want to "Calibrate ECM". I know I cannot do this with the engine running, but if Prepare won't connect with Truck ON and engine not runing, how will calibrate work in this state.
    Please advise = what should I do? I don't ant to brick my ECM. - mf
    Make sure if you have a push start push it 2 times, so the dash is fully light up

Comment

Thanks - I pushed one and saw some lights come on. I'll try two pushes tomorrow in day light. Thx -mf

Comment

Thanks - I pushed one and saw some lights come on. I'll try two pushes tomorrow in day light. Thx -mf
        Do not touch the brake pedal when you are hitting the Push to Start button.
        2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
        Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Assuming you have the screen on your instrument cluster, it should tell you what status the truck is in after the boot animation completes. Make sure it says ignition on on the bottom.

Comment

Working...
          X