Error-Controller Unlock Error Invalid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error-Controller Unlock Error Invalid

I'm trying to reflash my ecu with the stock tune so i can smog my car, but I keep getting this error. even if i try and read my ecu it says the ecu cannot be read. i know my ecu isn't bricked because it still drives just fine.
    i have tried to reflash on both the standard controller and the legacy gen 1 controller.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm trying to reflash my ecu with the stock tune so i can smog my car, but I keep getting this error. even if i try and read my ecu it says the ecu cannot be read. i know my ecu isn't bricked because it still drives just fine.
    i have tried to reflash on both the standard controller and the legacy gen 1 controller.
    Shows pretty clearly that you are trying to flash the wrong file.

Your calibration is 89663-21170

and you are trying to flash 89663-21260

that's your issue.

Comment

i did try both and when i open that file it shows its for an automatic trans and mines a manual.
      it still gave me the same error even with the "correct" file. when go to select my tune, it only shows 2 files in the folder, im assuming the two files for my ecu, one being auto and one being manual.. i did try to flash both and get the same result with both. i did try both of them with and withought the legacy controller.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by [email protected]; 10-03-2021, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        i did try both and when i open that file it shows its for an automatic trans and mines a manual.
        it still gave me the same error even with the "correct" file. when go to select my tune, it only shows 2 files in the folder, im assuming the two files for my ecu, one being auto and one being manual.. i did try to flash both and get the same result with both. i did try both of them with and withought the legacy controller.
        send this to our zendesk. and click PREPARE ECU and show us what the ECU ID is / calibration ID. To our zendesk.

Comment

• Robaholic
          Robaholic commented
          Editing a comment
          When trying to recover my ECU, my software said the same error file with the same steps (not the read ECU but the prepare ECU except I had clicked Gen1 Recovery). I sent a zendesk message but still have not heard back in a while so I went ahead and bought a new ECU due to time complications. I dont think your ECU is bricked at all!

• duneyou3@gmail.com
          [email protected] commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya I'm emailing their Zendesk now, just going through the troubleshooting process, one thing i found was there is now 2 different file types for the tunes, which is .vft and .vfc files. that's why i was missing a lot of tunes when i was trying to reflash, but that still didn't solve the issue so well see

Ran into this same error after updating to the latest vFT version and tried flashing my converted tune file (made changes to it).

Ended up downgrading to 1.4.0 to get it flashed.

Comment

I still had the previous version vFT installer.

Comment

• duneyou3@gmail.com
          [email protected] commented
          Editing a comment
          do you still happen to have the installer? if you do could you dropbox it to me?

• Robaholic
          Robaholic commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea thats what I had to do, I somehow bricked my ECU on 1.4.0 after updating it (my computer battery was low so its not VFTuner's fault at all) but I downgraded to like 1.3.+ just to be sure. Worked just fine after that. Not sure what the issue is but Im sure they will fix it regardless.

ya even with 1.4.0 im still getting the same error, so im really not sure whats going on

Comment

Just letting you guys know going backwards onto old versions especially like 1.3 and such can mess up your license file. Nothing has really changed in the flasher since 1.3 / release of legacy option

Comment

Had the same problem with my 4R but not with my 3GT, rolled back to 1.4 and everything went back to normal.

Comment

This looks related to the initial delays when turning the vehicle on before preparing a flash. I'm making an update to the software on it.

Comment

Thanks VFTuner , hope it keeps getting better.

Comment

VFTuner Sounds good. Thank you

Comment

VFTuner is the 1.4.2. version with some ECU flashing issue solved already????

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      VFTuner is the 1.4.2. version with some ECU flashing issue solved already????
                      It doesn't happen for all vehicles, we are making an adjustment for this for the older ECUs that it affects and it will be fixed on 1.4.3.

it's related to the 10 second timeout when you first turn the vehicle on.

Comment

I had to rollback to 1.4.1 to be able to flash my 4R......Im going to wait for 1.4.3 then. Thanks VFTuner

Comment

Working...
                        X