Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibration IDs with a leading V

Hello, VFTuner .

A Magnuson S/C person on 04B41 (2019 late production MT) received an 04B42 file from Magnuson. When they went to flash the TSB update for 04B42, TS blocked them as the Current Cal ID showed as: V966304B4100.

Is that due to locked Pro files or something else?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	5956
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Originally posted by tonered View Post
    Hello, VFTuner .

A Magnuson S/C person on 04B41 (2019 late production MT) received an 04B42 file from Magnuson. When they went to flash the TSB update for 04B42, TS blocked them as the Current Cal ID showed as: V966304B4100.

Is that due to locked Pro files or something else?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	5956
    They need to flash back to stock first if they are updating with techstream.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

They need to flash back to stock first if they are updating with techstream.
      Yes. That was what fixed the issue.

The big question is the leading V though. Can you please explain that?

Thanks!
      TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

Yes. That was what fixed the issue.

The big question is the leading V though. Can you please explain that?

Thanks!
        the V is our patch rom files. We modify the calibration ID on our patch files.

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

the V is our patch rom files. We modify the calibration ID on our patch files.
          Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Would that "V" be seen by a dealership and tip them off that something could have been messed with inside the ECU thus making them start to question things? (let's say on a truck that isn't s/c and just has a tune from vf that has a V, not necessarily a maggy tune) I know a lot of people are always concerned with warranties and whatnot, so I thought I'd ask the question...

Comment

Originally posted by Murd3rd View Post
              Would that "V" be seen by a dealership and tip them off that something could have been messed with inside the ECU thus making them start to question things? (let's say on a truck that isn't s/c and just has a tune from vf that has a V, not necessarily a maggy tune) I know a lot of people are always concerned with warranties and whatnot, so I thought I'd ask the question...
              Yes. The screenshots above are from TechStream. The V only appears if you use the EROM Patches in your tune files.

Comment

Yes. The screenshots above are from TechStream. The V only appears if you use the EROM Patches in your tune files.
                Lol, I know, that's my screenshotšŸ˜. I was just posing the question, and it might be recommended (or maybe it already has been, and since I'm fairly new to this I haven't seen it mentioned yet) that people should flash back to stock before going in for warranty work or what have you. (or at least a tune that doesn't have the EROM patch?)

Comment

Originally posted by Murd3rd View Post

Lol, I know, that's my screenshotšŸ˜. I was just posing the question, and it might be recommended (or maybe it already has been, and since I'm fairly new to this I haven't seen it mentioned yet) that people should flash back to stock before going in for warranty work or what have you. (or at least a tune that doesn't have the EROM patch?)
                  Hahahaha! I didn't notice your username.

Yeah. I would agree with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X