This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT - Upcoming changes to Credit Purchase

Information regarding changes to VF Tuner and VF Tuner Pro.

With release of 1.3.1
    - Credit cost to open new files (unlocking an ID) has been reduced to 0. You can now register any file to your account.

Functionality changes:
    - Purchasing Credits for the purpose of tuning other vehicles other than your own property requires an account with our website + pro tuner status (as a business)
    - Pro Tuners will required to attend an upcoming training class (estimated 2 hours long) Date is TBD

VF Tuner Lite Kits -
    - no changes

Regular VF Tuner kits -
    - Can be used to flash your own vehicle
    - Can be used for upgrading/downgrading ECU - Flashing / Access of any file
    - Can flash any registered VF Tuner vehicle
    - Can flash any tune pack file / tune file to any registered vehicle
    - Full access to all tables / DTC control / logger / etc (as previously, with exception of PRO Tuner only tables / patches / etc)

Pro Tuner Kits -
    - Can be used to flash your own vehicle
    - Can be used for upgrading/downgrading ECU - Flashing / Access of any file
    - Can flash any registered VF Tuner vehicle
    - Can flash any tune pack file / tune file to any registered vehicle
    - Full access to all tables / DTC control / logger / etc
    - Access to Pro Tuner only patches (forced induction patches, etc)
    - Can purchase credits for the purpose of registering / flashing other vehicles / providing tuning / calibration services

Pro Tuner Requirements -
    - Registering your Business name with VF Tuner (providing business information)
    - Website / social media / other form of contact
    - General location for our dealer locator
    - attend any / all training classes regarding the software

Pro Tuners will need to setup an account on vftuner.com to access the pro tuner products.

The 2 hour training course requirement, is it something we can launch on our own? Depending on when you hold it if it's live, I may not be able to attend just due to work

Comment

Originally posted by mZiggy View Post
      The 2 hour training course requirement, is it something we can launch on our own? Depending on when you hold it if it's live, I may not be able to attend just due to work
      we plan to hold live class + offline training

Comment

• Robaholic
        Robaholic commented
        Editing a comment
        Where can I find the dates for this and how do I join?

• tonered
        tonered commented
        Editing a comment
        The dates are TBD at the moment.

Is 1.3.1 available for download? Still listing 1.3.0 as file to be downloaded as of 12:12 EDT.

Comment

Originally posted by wiljayhi View Post
        Is 1.3.1 available for download? Still listing 1.3.0 as file to be downloaded as of 12:12 EDT.
        It is not released at the moment.
        2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
        TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
        Latest vF Version Download

Comment

it is released.

I'm updating the site

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
            it is released.

I'm updating the site
            Thank you.

Comment

Installed and running.

I will try a flash later today.

Thanks!
              TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

So, if I have a lot of credits, will that change anything? Will I still be able to unlock other VINs and ECU IDs that I haven't unlocked yet? Do I need to register as a business, even though I'm not doing this as a business, since I couldn't get refunded?

Comment

Originally posted by S2KON2 View Post
                  So, if I have a lot of credits, will that change anything? Will I still be able to unlock other VINs and ECU IDs that I haven't unlocked yet? Do I need to register as a business, even though I'm not doing this as a business, since I couldn't get refunded?
                  ECU Unlocks do not cost Credits any longer.

You only need to be a Pro to buy Credits in the future. You are completely free to use your existing Credits, which are only for Unlocking VINs now.

Essentially, there is no change unless you plan on offering flash services.

Comment

Originally posted by tonered View Post

ECU Unlocks do not cost Credits any longer.

You only need to be a Pro to buy Credits in the future. You are completely free to use your existing Credits, which are only for Unlocking VINs now.

Essentially, there is no change unless you plan on offering flash services.
                    When you mentioned that credits are for unlocking VINs only, does that apply to my vehicle only? Or can I still unlock multiple VINs and flash custom files?

I'm not really offering flash services. I just want to make sure I can still flash others to recoup some of my loss and not have those credits used.

Comment

Originally posted by S2KON2 View Post

When you mentioned that credits are for unlocking VINs only, does that apply to my vehicle only? Or can I still unlock multiple VINs and flash custom files?

I'm not really offering flash services. I just want to make sure I can still flash others to recoup some of my loss and not have those credits used.
                      Yes. You can flash other folks for cash with the current Credits that you have.

Comment

I tried to unlock an ECU ID on the 1.3.1 pro software & it's telling me I need credits. Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by youngmigo View Post
                          I tried to unlock an ECU ID on the 1.3.1 pro software & it's telling me I need credits. Any idea?
                          are you out of credits?

Credits don't get used unless you use them. You don't lose credits by this change

Comment

Originally posted by youngmigo View Post
                            Check again, please. I tested this today and it worked fine. We still get the three prompts, but the first one says that no Credits will be used.

Comment

Working...
                            X