VF Tuner REQUEST : TCU READs - Tacoma - IS200T / Lexus 8ARFTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VF Tuner REQUEST : TCU READs - Tacoma - IS200T / Lexus 8ARFTS

If you have a 3.5L tacoma 2016 + ANY ECU ID, please read your TCU (read TCU button) and submit the files to zendesk or our server (by opening the file in vF Tuner)

We would like to have full support for the TCU when we release 1.3.0 but we are still missing some!

TCUs that we have:

04B01
    04B02
    04B03
    04B04
    04B30
    04B33
    04B91
    04B81
    04A61
    04B14

If your ECU ID is not on that list, please read your TCU and submit the file.

Please be sure to name it like this:
    TCU read (ECU ID)

for example:
    TCU Read 04C20.vfc

Just to help others in determining what remains, I have already sent in 04B81. Support ticket is 26125.

Comment

Is this applicable to the manual Tacoma as well or just autos? I wouldn’t think so but who knows with Toyota..

Comment

I'll try to get to 04B04, if someone hasn't already

Comment

• ktbell444
          ktbell444 commented
          Editing a comment
          Post has been updated, looks like 04B01 through 04B04 has already been sent.

Just submitted TCU read for my 2015 NX200t. 8ARFTS ECU 78132. VFTuner recognized it as 89665-78062, so I included it in the file name as well. Ticket # 27405.

The U661F transmission in my NX is pretty much the same as the 6 speed U660E paired to 2GR engines, like in the Camry, Highlander, and Sienna, but with lower friction gears, multi-mode, blipping, and AWD, so logic ought to be similar.

The file also kept failing to upload via VFTuner, so there might be something going on with your server(s). Cheers

EDIT: It's interesting how your ticket count increased by almost 1300 in less than 12 hours. You need clones. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
          If you have a 3.5L tacoma 2016 + ANY ECU ID, please read your TCU (read TCU button) and submit the files to zendesk or our server (by opening the file in vF Tuner)

We would like to have full support for the TCU when we release 1.3.0 but we are still missing some!

TCUs that we have:

04B01
          04B02
          04B03
          04B04
          04B30
          04B33
          04B91
          04B81

If your ECU ID is not on that list, please read your TCU and submit the file.

Please be sure to name it like this:
          TCU read (ECU ID)

for example:
          TCU Read 04C20.vfc
          Attempted to read TCU 04A61 received “unable to prepare TCU read” error msg. Do I need to “Prepare ECU 1st ?

Comment

Originally posted by wiljayhi View Post

Attempted to read TCU 04A61 received “unable to prepare TCU read” error msg. Do I need to “Prepare ECU 1st ?
            I don't think it would hurt to give that a shot.
            I can't recall how I did it, as it was about a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ktbell444 View Post

I don't think it would hurt to give that a shot.
              I can't recall how I did it, as it was about a month ago.
              Thanks. When I did that I got an error saying the truck might be off. Sure enough, turn it on and read TCU it will. All good. Just haven't used the flasher dashboard for a month or so. Out of practice.

Comment

TCU Read 04A61.vfc (bin file 09665-04041-) sent to zendesk (27429)..
                Tried uploading the file to the server but failed a number of times.
                Last edited by wiljayhi; 06-12-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

TCU files are about all we need to finish up for 1.3.0 release. That and wrapping up the EROM files.

Quicker we can get TCU files quicker we can finish and release 1.3.0

Comment

TCU files are about all we need to finish up for 1.3.0 release. That and wrapping up the EROM files.

Quicker we can get TCU files quicker we can finish and release 1.3.0
                    Could you please publish a current list of the TCU files that you’re still missing? Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by shellshock View Post
                      Is this applicable to the manual Tacoma as well or just autos? I wouldn’t think so but who knows with Toyota..
                      I submitted 04B91 awhile back on TW and it's on the list. Couldn't hurt to submit yours.

Comment

The list will be updated soon but we highly recommend everyone submit TCU dumps regardless of your ECU version. This ensures we get them all.

Comment

Just sent 04b14

Comment

The list will be updated soon but we highly recommend everyone submit TCU dumps regardless of your ECU version. This ensures we get them all.
                            Sent 04A61 on Saturday, zendesk 27429.

​​​​​​​Could not upload file via vFTuner. Got upload failed each try.

Comment

Working...
                            X