This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ry18Tac View Post

Gotcha. When released we will finally have complete control over the transmission tuning?
    I do not believe that it will be much more than we have now? You will just be able to address the AT directly.

If you search on TacomaWorld, there might be more details?
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

the TCU file controls things like solenoid pressures depending on trans temp / torque converter temps / etc

Comment

VFTuner
        Administrator
        VFTuner - I have a customer with a 2022 Tacoma looking to get tuned. I have the master tune pack...does that include 2022 ECU's? If not, is there a release date set for the '22 model year?

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick6382 View Post
          VFTuner
          Administrator
          VFTuner - I have a customer with a 2022 Tacoma looking to get tuned. I have the master tune pack...does that include 2022 ECU's? If not, is there a release date set for the '22 model year?
          check the ECU, if it's supported you're good, if it isn't submit the ECU to us for support.

Like we tell everyone, we cannot release it if nobody is willing to read and send us the ECU.

Comment

VFTuner
            Administrator
            VFTuner - Thanks, makes sense. I was just tryin to avoid having to meet the customer, get the ECU, and find out I don't have it yet. Wasn't sure if there was a way to avoid that.

Comment

I dont believe we have 04C31 supported yet

Comment

• PaPaRee
              PaPaRee
              PRO Tuner
              PaPaRee commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry, it was a typo, it was supposed to be 04c30 for 2022 manual transmission Tacoma. I fixed it.
              The 2022 Tacoma ECU ID's are supported in VFTuner at this time.

tonered
            Administrator
            tonered - I downloaded the latest VF Tuner software today (version 1.5.2.118) and I have noticed a few things:

1. I have gotten a pop-up message (several times) that the cable is not connected and it asks if I want to install the OpenPort drivers. I've been asked it 3 times now when opening the tuner, and I've installed the drivers now 3 times. Any idea why it keeps doing that?

2. I noticed some new buttons within the program as follows:

- Read P5 ECM
            - Read P5 ECM
            - Read UDS ECM
            - Read UDS TCM

What do those mean? What are they used for?

3. The slight changes to the UI may be what threw me off a bit, but the existing process I've been following was a tad bumpy. Here's what I do:

Step 1 - File/Flash ECU; that is the same
            Step 2 - Prepare ECU; that seems to be replaced with "Prepare ECM"; license VIN and use credits worked as normal
            Step 3 - Verify ECU; this is no longer there and is what threw me off when I was tuning
            Step 4 - Select calibration file; same
            Step 5 - Calibrate ECM; this is still there but I had some trouble getting that button to go from grayed out to usable
            Step 6 - Resets; the resets often times cause my program to freeze up and crash. any reason for that?
            mavrick6382
            Last edited by mavrick6382; 01-19-2022, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mavrick6382 View Post
              tonered
              Administrator
              tonered - I downloaded the latest VF Tuner software today (version 1.5.2.118) and I have noticed a few things:

1. I have gotten a pop-up message (several times) that the cable is not connected and it asks if I want to install the OpenPort drivers. I've been asked it 3 times now when opening the tuner, and I've installed the drivers now 3 times. Any idea why it keeps doing that?

2. I noticed some new buttons within the program as follows:

- Read P5 ECM
              - Read P5 ECM
              - Read UDS ECM
              - Read UDS TCM

What do those mean? What are they used for?

3. The slight changes to the UI may be what threw me off a bit, but the existing process I've been following was a tad bumpy. Here's what I do:

Step 1 - File/Flash ECU; that is the same
              Step 2 - Prepare ECU; that seems to be replaced with "Prepare ECM"; license VIN and use credits worked as normal
              Step 3 - Verify ECU; this is no longer there and is what threw me off when I was tuning
              Step 4 - Select calibration file; same
              Step 5 - Calibrate ECM; this is still there but I had some trouble getting that button to go from grayed out to usable
              Step 6 - Resets; the resets often times cause my program to freeze up and crash. any reason for that?
              It looks like the button labels were changed in the thankful name of consistency.

I suspect no change in the process.
              VFTuner
              Administrator
              VFTuner will need to update us on that if there is anything to worry about.

Myself, I'm curious if the ECU Upgrader is live yet?
              2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
              TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
              Latest vF Version Download

Comment

Working...
              X