X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vF Tuner General - Help questions - Understanding Tables - bug reports

Please post all questions related to vF Tuner here, bug reports, etc
    - any questions related to tables (how does this table work? what does it do?)
    - any questions related to axis information, scaling of data, etc
    -any buys, any tables you may think are mis-labeled
    etc.

We will use questions here to build our tuning PDF / instructions (and we will answer them here)

I know that we talked about it, but the Cruise Control Min Speed will not set lower than 25mph. 10mph would be perfect.

Also, I have the Cold Start maps set at 900rpm. My tach shows about 1,100rpm. That said, thankfully, it isn't pulling hard when rolling. Stopped and in neutral, it will still rev to about 1,400, but any sensed motion will drop it down to a reasonable value.

As always, stoked for the DFCO 1st gear and Rev Hang patches.

Thanks!
    2017 ACLB Sport 6MT BR - 04B14 Ultimate Test Tune on 92
    TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications
    Latest vF Version Download

Comment

What does the Maps Acceleration Shifting and Shifting 2 control? If I change these do they need to matchup with my shifting maps?

Comment

• VFTuner
        VFTuner commented
        Editing a comment
        These tables are set to be renamed. They actually control shift patterns when in 4HIGH and 4LOW

As far as key locking files goes... Ive been locked out of my own files, which sucked. Is it possible to make a password for key locked files?

On that note, to address some other issues... I wonder if there could be a way that a password or special key (assigned by you?) could be used for flashing tunepack files, even edited ones by a purchaser.
      I know you seem to be moving forward with a per vin system, but this is an alternate idea I am proposing that may have multiple uses.

Thanks for all you do.

Comment

• VFTuner
        VFTuner commented
        Editing a comment
        We have no plans right now to password lock files. Key locking locks it to your master key, so I don't think you can get locked out of your own file unless someone else locks it.

• stormpeacock
        stormpeacock commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmm.. Okay. It was for an 04A21 file I had done. Was trying to reference some tables I made but couldnt get into them. Not sure if it has to do with having gotten a new laptop, but got the file locked error.
        Oh well. Thanks!

I don't know that I would ever use this table (attached); but, it got messed up somehow...
      (I never tried to edit it.)

Also, when I (copy and) paste multiple cells at once... sometimes one cell doesn't paste the right value. It's like it's getting the value from an older/different clipboard. Sorry, I didn't try to figure it out, yet. (Maybe, if the cursor is in one cell and you ctrl-a, ctrl-c then ctrl-a, ctrl-v into a different table... it does everything right except it puts the value where the cursor was in the first map into the cell where the curser is in the second map???)

Is there any way to copy and paste whole table groups? Like copy all upshift/downshift #1 tables into up/down #2 tables without having to do each table one at a time?

Will we be able to VIN lock our tunes?

Thanks, it's really coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by THarris242 View Post
        I don't know that I would ever use this table (attached); but, it got messed up somehow...
        (I never tried to edit it.)

Also, when I (copy and) paste multiple cells at once... sometimes one cell doesn't paste the right value. It's like it's getting the value from an older/different clipboard. Sorry, I didn't try to figure it out, yet. (Maybe, if the cursor is in one cell and you ctrl-a, ctrl-c then ctrl-a, ctrl-v into a different table... it does everything right except it puts the value where the cursor was in the first map into the cell where the curser is in the second map???)

Is there any way to copy and paste whole table groups? Like copy all upshift/downshift #1 tables into up/down #2 tables without having to do each table one at a time?

Will we be able to VIN lock our tunes?

Thanks, it's really coming along.
        What version software are you on?

and ECU ID is 04B04
        map ID: Torque converter locking 1rst gear S2

Comment

I can't get support to help me tune my Tacoma. Can anyone help for free?

Comment

Originally posted by j-swagr View Post
            I can't get support to help me tune my Tacoma. Can anyone help for free?

​​​​​​What issues are you having?
            TSB PDFs are at nhtsa.gov / Click on Recalls, search by make and model (not VIN), and then click on Manufacturer Communications

Comment

• j-swagr
              j-swagr commented
              Editing a comment
              I am having trouble locating the ECU file or ID when clicking the open file there is nothing there like in the instructions posted from vF Tune instructions.. And once I get into it I am NOT a tuner so I will not know how to use or input data without thinking I'm going to screw up my truck. It's a lot different now cost wise. You see a lot of Youtube videos claiming like "Tacosauce 4X4" for a couple hundred bucks you can get your Tacoma tuned it's very misleading.. I paid $379.99 + tax for the software + flash cable. And it would cost me another $390 + tax for a tune kit. When before it was included from what I heard. I need help. I get the feeling " Support" from OVtune will not be so supportive anymore..

• tonered
              tonered commented
              Editing a comment
              It is almost the same price as I paid for the old Flash Kit. About $770. Don't confuse the full kit with someone offering flash services.

The Stock tune file is found in the installation folder:
              c:\\program files (x86)\vftuner\

The Tune Pack files are wherever you saved them to.

There is zero need for you to be a tuner. Just use the Tune Pack files and either be happy or take your time to learn the editing. I never flashed an ECU before the Taco. I used the tune and learned vF over time.

Would be beneficial to have a guide that explains what each function in the flash tool does. i.e. Read, Flash it, identify, etc. I know some are self explanatory but we have a lot of new people here too.

Also would be helpful to know if there are advanced functions of the tactrix adapter: what is the sd card slot for and how to set it up, what is the barrel plug for, etc.

Comment

Still confused! I found the c:\\program files (x86)\vftuner\. Input the the necessary info, found the stock file. Unlocked it with 4 credits. Did not see "The Tuner Pack files". So I tried to flash the stock file and it said "There was a problem preparing selected file. Probably it's corrupted or has unsupported format. Please check and try ir again I did 3 times.

Comment

Is there anyone in the San Diego area that could help me with the OV tune for a 3rd gen Tacoma?

Comment

Originally posted by j-swagr View Post
                  Still confused! I found the c:\\program files (x86)\vftuner\. Input the the necessary info, found the stock file. Unlocked it with 4 credits. Did not see "The Tuner Pack files". So I tried to flash the stock file and it said "There was a problem preparing selected file. Probably it's corrupted or has unsupported format. Please check and try ir again I did 3 times.
                  You need to purchase the Tune Pack and send a message to VFTuner stating what ECU ID that you want. If your vehicle had an applicable TSB, I would recommend getting the Tune Pack for the update.

Comment

I still couldn't find the right table that controls the speed limiter for 5:29 gears. There is a 'Vehicle Maximum Speed Global' under Engine with the value of 173(kph), is that it & to what value should I change it?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	1247
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1048

Comment

Originally posted by rrmruss View Post
                      I still couldn't find the right table that controls the speed limiter for 5:29 gears. There is a 'Vehicle Maximum Speed Global' under Engine with the value of 173(kph), is that it & to what value should I change it?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	1247
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1048

That is one. I don't know if there is a dependency with the gearing map. DriveTrain Control is about 3/4 of the way down the map list, grouped with the tire size.

Comment

• rrmruss
                        rrmruss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! This actually worked. I changed the value to 200 & broke the 86 barrier, I hit 90+ (just to test).

• tonered
                        tonered commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You're welcome!

I am never a fan of limiters.

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post

What version software are you on?

and ECU ID is 04B04
                      map ID: Torque converter locking 1rst gear S2
                      I'm on the latest... 1.2.7.8.

Just messed around with the cutting and pasting...
                      If I paste to a map by using ctrl-a, ctrl-v... it seems to be pasting the last value from where I copied (bottom right) into whatever cell the cursor was in before I pressed ctrl-a.

I think that TC map got messed up from whatever vF version it first appeared in.

If I open a fresh stock or tune pack file they look fine. So, I could probably start with a fresh base; but, I'd really rather put off porting the 100+ modified maps until there is more efficient way to copy and paste map groups/sections, if possible.

User VIN lock option?

Comment

Working...
                      X