Logging boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging boost

I recently installed a downpipe in my NX and have been doing logs to make sure boost creep isn't an issue. I currently run a remote dyno tune from OV, with shift points edited by myself. On this tune, low-end response was greatly improved, along with the top end, to a lesser extent. After doing initial 80% throttle pulls for safety, I did WOT pulls in second and third gear, shown below:

2nd gear WOT pull past redline
    3rd gear WOT pull short of redline

These were logged using the old OV logger, by the way. I only have target AFR and actual AFR to determine if ‚ÄčI'm running low on fueling. While they look fairly healthy, I understand that they are no substitute for boost / MAP minus barometric pressure. Unfortunately, the data just flatlines when I try to log "Boost Pressure Control" and "Wastegate Control" in VFT, much like "Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure" in OV DataLogger:

Click image for larger version

Name:	VFTuner boost attempt.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	827.2 KB
ID:	3817

Here are the PIDs available in VFTuner (CACT also doesn't move around btw):

PIDs

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

When we release our new logger in VF Tuner it will have a bunch more PIDs including loggable boost PIDs. We are working on that now

Comment

Originally posted by VFTuner View Post
      When we release our new logger in VF Tuner it will have a bunch more PIDs including loggable boost PIDs. We are working on that now
      Great news! I'd take the liberty to request the inclusion of "Knock Correct Learn Value (KCLV)" and "Knock Feedback Value (KFB)" in the updated logger as well. This would be useful in weeding out problem cells in the timing retard maps: Since the ECU tends to apply an across the board timing pull for knocks detected in isolated zones, running more conservative timing in these zones would allow the problem-free rest of the map to be advanced by way of a higher KCLV value.

I recently logged my NX's KCLV at 9.35 (quite a long way from 25 max) and saw KFB picking up knock every now and then. Unfortunately, I was using a bluetooth OBDLink MX and just didn't have the resolution to effectively solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
      X