Announcement

Collapse

VF TUNER 1.2.9.9.8 Released

- Fix Flash issue - 992kb files support msg (Flasher)
- Update Flasher - Clear screen on exit
- Multiple new 3UR-FBE and 3UR-FE ECUs Supported
- Sequoia/LX/LC 3UR Support
- 2019 0CP70 0CP80 Tundra Full support
- Generation 2 Phase 5 ECU TCU Read And Flash Now Supported
- Generation 2 Phase 5 TCU Read and Upload Functionality
- Generation 2 Phase 5 TCU Brick Recovery Functionality
- Generation 2 Phase 5 ECU Brick Recovery Functionality - Update
- Resources folder (inside installation folder) includes Tuning PDFs - will be continually updated
- Tacoma 4.0L Manual Transmission 2009+ Support Updated
- Other useful changes
See more
See less

Upcoming Development - Load Control - Throttle Patch - Boost control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Development - Load Control - Throttle Patch - Boost control

An upcoming patch for the 8AR-FTS engine (2.0T Lexus)
    Elimination of throttle reductions for torque control.
    Expanded load control - higher load targets (255 max load)
    Expanded control of boost
    Expanded control of wastegate functions.
    and much more.

This patch will be the first in a series of patches to make more power, more torque and more response possible with the 8ARFTS
    Attached Files

I’ve passed this on to Bill at Delicious, as my 2017 Is200t is their test vehicle for their developmental tune for this platform. Is there any way to cool the temps with the intercooler more efficiently? It’s happened twice where I’ve thrown a CE light and traction turned off. Light turned off after a while of driving and shutting the vehicle off. The first time it happened, took it to Lexus and they said it was a bad throttle body, but I had seen lots of dried coolant under the hood and panels. Second time it happened, I already knew what had happened, but didn’t really come to it until I fully thought it out. The factory hoses for the coolant towards the intercooler are no good, possibly the factory clamps as well. I’ll be upgrading the hoses to an HPS silicone hose kit they offer with better heat reduction, better clamps and all around better material. Hopefully it solves this issue where the hoses keep releasing (venting out somehow) coolant when it heats up too much.
    I’ve read something online with another tuner for this platform where they have something with “Water-cooled intercooler pump actuation adjustment for optimal cooling” within their tune. Maybe it can be something to look in to?

Comment

Originally posted by Dolton8AR-FTS View Post
      I’ve passed this on to Bill at Delicious, as my 2017 Is200t is their test vehicle for their developmental tune for this platform. Is there any way to cool the temps with the intercooler more efficiently? It’s happened twice where I’ve thrown a CE light and traction turned off. Light turned off after a while of driving and shutting the vehicle off. The first time it happened, took it to Lexus and they said it was a bad throttle body, but I had seen lots of dried coolant under the hood and panels. Second time it happened, I already knew what had happened, but didn’t really come to it until I fully thought it out. The factory hoses for the coolant towards the intercooler are no good, possibly the factory clamps as well. I’ll be upgrading the hoses to an HPS silicone hose kit they offer with better heat reduction, better clamps and all around better material. Hopefully it solves this issue where the hoses keep releasing (venting out somehow) coolant when it heats up too much.
      I’ve read something online with another tuner for this platform where they have something with “Water-cooled intercooler pump actuation adjustment for optimal cooling” within their tune. Maybe it can be something to look in to?

It is something we can look into, sure.
      Right now not many people are really using our software for their 2.0Ts, so the more people who start using, the more we can develop for sure.

Comment

Working...
      X